Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jul 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #3,916 of 4,156
Is there anyone out there using the DI-V3 with the Squeezebox Touch (SBT) and the EDO app with output from the USB port on the SBT and co-ax out from the DI-V3 into a DAC.

SBT (USB) > DI-V3 > DAC (co-ax)

I've tried it and can't get it to work. The DAC does not receive a signal. I am using firmware #10 as this is what King-wa advised.

I tried an Audiophilleo 2 instead of the DI-V3 and it works fine so I know that the SBT (hardware & software) and the DAC work okay.

The status of the Audio-GD on the SBT reads:

Speed: High
Connectivity:Direct
Type Asynch
Freq 44100
Format: S24-3LE
Rates: 44100 ...... 176000
Feedback Format: High
Interval: 25000

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #3,918 of 4,156
Quote:
Did you change the buffer size on the EDO setup or using Touch Toolbox 3.0?

My DACs are working fine using firmware #9 (as recommanded for built-in USB32 modules).

No I did not change buffer size on the EDO setup and am not using Touch toolbox 3.0.

I tried updating firmware from 7.7.x to 7.8 and that did not help either.

Works fine if a mac or a PC is used as the source but not the SBT + EDO.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #3,919 of 4,156
No I did not change buffer size on the EDO setup and am not using Touch toolbox 3.0.

I tried updating firmware from 7.7.x to 7.8 and that did not help either.

Works fine if a mac or a PC is used as the source but not the SBT + EDO.

I have the same problem, tried mamy setups, finally gave up. Now I'm using SBT via COAX and laptop via USB. Maybe will send DI-V3 + SBT to local Audio-Gd dealer during my holidays, let them tryout to solve the problem.

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3,926 of 4,156
I wish to introduce you the Squeezebox Touch replacement that I posted here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/674236/squeezebox-touch-replacement-raspberry-pi-picoplayer

It costs only $35 and it works with DI-V2 and older TE7022 based products by Audio-gd.

If you have only been using PC as source like me, I am sure this solution will take you into another level. I compared it with 6 different PC and none of them even close to it.

I will be great appreciated if anyone could test it on DI-V3 and give me comment.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,928 of 4,156
Quote:
So I just purchased a DI V3 with the TXCO from the French reseller. Is it just a matter of plugging out the old clock and plugging in the new one?  

Quote:

Yes it is a matter of just swapping the clocks.. Be very careful about installation. Putting the clock in incorrectly will break it. 

Quote:
Thanks for the advice regarding the clock. Can I use any 300ma 5-10v wallwart with the DI?

There seems to be a misunderstanding. You should receive DI V3 with already preinstalled TCXO clock, not separate additional swapping clock. So it should not be any clock hassle for you. Concerning you power question. Following Audio-GD information site you will see b/m statement, which should answer your question.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DIv3/DIv3EN_Custom.htm
"Universal DC power supply
Power supply by A  GOOD QUALITY  universal DC power supply possible improved the sound quality  than some computer USB pot . The request of the universal DC power supply is output 5VDC to 9VDC (recommend 7.5V) , 1000mA power , with 5.5MM plug , the plug define is inside is DC +, outside is DC GND ."

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3,929 of 4,156
I ordered from a french reseller though, as they sell the clock separately.

I don't get the last part though about + and GND, how should it look like?

Edit: This should work right? http://m.conrad.de/ce/de/product/512721/Dehner-Elektronik-SYS-1381-080875V-W2E-EURO-Steckernetzteil-Steckernetzgeraet-75-VDC-1000-mA-8-Watt-Festspannung

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #3,930 of 4,156
Quote:
I ordered from a french reseller though, as they sell the clock separately.

I don't get the last part though about + and GND, how should it look like?

Edit: This should work right? http://m.conrad.de/ce/de/product/512721/Dehner-Elektronik-SYS-1381-080875V-W2E-EURO-Steckernetzteil-Steckernetzgeraet-75-VDC-1000-mA-8-Watt-Festspannung

Why do you power your DI-V3 with a switching power like this? It will not produce good sound because of the noise. You should look for a linear power supply instead, like the one sold by Audio-gd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back