Audio-gd Digital Interface
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,691 of 4,156
Dear,

I have a DI-V3 since 2 months, and I received two firmware chip (each green) with it.
The second one (the spare one) give a brighter sound, and for me better sound, more realistic.

When changing the firmware I had to install again the driver.

I would like to know wich one is the adaptive or asynchronous, and I read somewhere in this formum that it exist a tool to "read" the version of the firmware.
Do you know where I can found this tool? (not on the audio-gd apparently).

These 2 chips are green and look the same, so it is difficult to know.
Is the brighter one (regarding the sound) the adaptive or asynchronous?

Wich one do you prefer in your system, the adaptive or asynchronous one?

Thanks in advance :) :)

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #3,695 of 4,156
Where to buy these, I mean best site and price

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #3,696 of 4,156
At this time there is NO dealer in the US afaik.

Send them an email explaining what you want including options, where you're located (US) and preferred shipping (if you have one).

They'll reply with an invoice, pay via paypal and send them an email telling them that you've sent the money.

They'll ship it and provide you with tracking info.

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #3,697 of 4,156
Quote:

Send them an email explaining what you want including options, where you're located (US) and preferred shipping (if you have one).

They'll reply with an invoice, pay via paypal and send them an email telling them that you've sent the money.

Thanks for replay...I need to read this thread to deceide #3 or others

I will be using with Windows7 USB and connect to bifrost....any suggestion on which model will be best....will help me.

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #3,698 of 4,156
Quote:
I'm considering this combo as well, I was thinking about the JK SPDIF but for the price I'm tempted by the Audio GD DI-V3s/PSU. Any comparisons you can offer would be helpful? The difference in firmware is it a major change in sound signature?

Enormous.
My experience with re-clockers (non professional) is just Audio-GD and its been a jolly ride. Im not the guy to compare brands but I know what good sounds like.
My upgrade path has been this:
1. NFB3: nice
2. NFB3 + V2: a mild improvement, probably more mental self reassurance than actual
3. NFB3 + V2 + PSU: that first significant improvement that I wasnt expecting and piqued my interest
4. NFB3 + V3 (#4) + PSU: kinda disappointed - had me reaching for the EQ to tame the highs which is something I dont like to do
5. NFB3 + #5 + PSU: amazing. faultless. I never thought my dear old NFB3 could sound this good. Bravo Kingwa.
6. NFB3 + #5 + li-ion battery: about the same as above - honestly could not report a noticable difference. If anything a smidgen more "analogue" but dont go out of your way to find a battery over the PSU.

Thrown into the mix was the new HE-500 to go with/replace the old K702s but I kept referring back to the 1964q on the daily commute to reset my audio memory.
Also FYI  - the PSU ran worryingly hot until I applied the resistor tweak to get it to work with the V3. 

So yeah - I know the NFB3 aint the be all of DACs but to illustrate the worth of the DI series its been perfect. Pairing it with the C2.2 via ACSS was a good move too.

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #3,699 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi all, we are cooperating with VIA engineers to test with USB3.0 and WIN8. They report that they have tested on some PCs and do not have not any problems yet.
If you have experienced an issue with USB3.0 or Win8, please send a report to us, audio-gd@126.com
The email title: Report of USB3.0 (or Win8)
Include the below information:
1. Computer model (brand, CPU, memory)
2. USB type (2.0 or 3.0)
3. Operating system (Win7, Win8, or other) (32 or 64bit)
4. The issues you are having.

If you are using a tablet computer, please connect the device to the rear USB port. The front USB ports usually have the worst performance and may not work well.

If you have issue on Linux, please send email and tell us the Linux gear model and the Linux version as we like to buy the same model to test with. The VIA engineers informed us that the VIA chip only supports Linux on X86 chipsets and not on ARM chipsets.

Thanks all for your help and advice.

Quote:
All firmwares under Windows, mac and Linux (MMX) are asynchronism model , but the #3 and #5 have different design from #4 so the sound is have different .

As allways there is small "but" your device must be X86 chipset not ARM one (like SBT). So #3 can't be asynchronism as it works - at least with several SBT+EDO units - in adaptive mode.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #3,700 of 4,156
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for replay...I need to read this thread to deceide #3 or others

I will be using with Windows7 USB and connect to bifrost....any suggestion on which model will be best....will help me.

I am not able to find email id in Audio-gd site, clicking on ContactUs menu it get error "The page you requested is NOT AVAILABLE".

Please share email id

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3,701 of 4,156
Enormous.
My experience with re-clockers (non professional) is just Audio-GD and its been a jolly ride. Im not the guy to compare brands but I know what good sounds like.
2. NFB3 + V2: a mild improvement, probably more mental self reassurance than actual
3. NFB3 + V2 + PSU: that first significant improvement that I wasnt expecting and piqued my interest
4. NFB3 + V3 (#4) + PSU: kinda disappointed - had me reaching for the EQ to tame the highs which is something I dont like to do
5. NFB3 + #5 + PSU: amazing. faultless. I never thought my dear old NFB3 could sound this good. Bravo Kingwa.
6. NFB3 + #5 + li-ion battery: about the same as above - honestly could not report a noticable difference. If anything a smidgen more "analogue" but dont go out of your way to find a battery over the PSU.

Thrown into the mix was the new HE-500 to go with/replace the old K702s but I kept referring back to the 1964q on the daily commute to reset my audio memory.
Also FYI  - the PSU ran worryingly hot until I applied the resistor tweak to get it to work with the V3. 

So yeah - I know the NFB3 aint the be all of DACs but to illustrate the worth of the DI series its been perfect. Pairing it with the C2.2 via ACSS was a good move too.

Thanks JB, I'm waiting for Kingwa to get the PSU in stock. It sounds like I'll ask them to pre-install the #5 firmware. Hopefully the new PSU's will have this resistor issue ironed out. An audio partner ordered the nu-force converter since we've been talking about them and he saw a significant improvement also.

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #3,702 of 4,156
Apr 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #3,703 of 4,156
Enormous.

What battery did you use? Just in case Kingwa does not get PSU in stock soon. If I find a good battery then it can improve sound slightly over the PSU? It also seems like the batteries are a bit cheaper than the $75 PSU!

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #3,704 of 4,156
i admit that i didn't even bother to try the firmware #5 because everyone said that its adaptive, not async
funny thing is that i really enjoy the #5 now too.
#4 was  sibilant and bright for me too

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3,705 of 4,156
i admit that i didn't even bother to try the firmware #5 because everyone said that its adaptive, not async
funny thing is that i really enjoy the #5 now too.
#4 was  sibilant and bright for me too

Do you use a battery or PSU? Have compared the sound with any other converters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back