Audio-gd Digital Interface
Aug 18, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #452 of 4,156

Quote:
so you can use WASAPI, KS and DS with the DI ? right ?

I'm having problems with WASAPI in Foobar2000. The music playback is in speed mode.

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #454 of 4,156

Quote:
Thats something I haven't noticed at all with the DI. I'm not hearing this glossy sound or glare as Currawong and others have put it. 

You're not hearing it because it's in the music I was listening to at the time.  There is something wrong with the recording or maybe digital mastering of Take Out that bugs me.  The piano sounds wrong regardless of what I'm using.  It was just more apparently annoying with a less suitable digital cable.

Quote:
Sorry bad English.

If you're ever in Fukuoka, come and say hi.  We can chat with your bad English and my bad Japanese. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #455 of 4,156
I mean lustrous in a good way.

Thanks.
Quote:
Glossy has two different definitions, one meaning more lustrous in a good way, another meaning a false appearance of luster, "glossed over". I think most people mean the latter when using the word glossy in audio hehe, but maybe sulcata_geo means the first definition?

Thanks for the comparison, synergy is always useful data.

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #456 of 4,156
I've used ALSA and low latency mode. I don't know this setting is bit-perfect or not.
But for me , Ubunts sound superior to Windows.

Quote:
Are you sure your Ubuntu config is outputting bit-perfect?  Otherwise there shouldn't be a difference between OS unless you are using their mixers.

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #458 of 4,156
no-upsampling : DIP6=1 ,
upsampling : DIP6=0 >DIP3=0/DIP4=0 : 192kHz
                        DIP6=0 >DIP3=0/DIP4=1 : 96kHz                                     

Quote:

The way I understand it is that the default setting is:
No upsampling (DIP3=OFF=1) and output is S/PDIF (DIP4=OFF=1)

Not sure what DIP5 does. Anyone know for sure before I throw it to Kingwa?

{Comment: Confusing isn't it? => (S/PDIF=ON)=(DIP4=1=OFF)}

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #459 of 4,156
[size=10pt]sulcata_geo,[/size]

[size=10pt]Yes, I can see you are far more observant than I. I didn’t see/take notice of the markings on the PCB. Hence, my identification of DIP numbers was wrong.[/size]

[size=10pt]Thanks.[/size]

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #460 of 4,156
Today I build a very simple (lm1086) linear stabilized power supply and finally the a little bit for my taste aggressive sound signature changed to more relaxed more analogue like but whit good detail signature and dynamics. I also noticed the black background is little big darker.
So I recommend to everyone to test also whit external PSU, it makes the difference.
I am listening in linux whit alsa bit perfect! I have a NOS DAC !

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #461 of 4,156
still no full review yet? :/ guess this thing sucked.

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #462 of 4,156
It looked very good on paper but until now the reviewers don't seem really convinced, i guess i'll wait for the M2tech Evo.

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #463 of 4,156
Another one wondering about the reviews here... Especially now with the NFB-1 release coming soon, the performance level of the Digital Interface can be critical for many people since it doesn´t have an USB-input (there´s an offer for 40 dollars off the DI if bought with the latest Kingwa DAC). The HiFace is out of the question here because I use Linux.

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #464 of 4,156
But I only think one review drew a comparison w/ the competition, in this case the Hiface. So it's the reviews themselves that are lacking, not the product, as far as what most are waiting for to draw a conclusion. Did any samples actually go out to people who have the setup and experience (with different converters) to do a thorough review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back