Audio-gd Digital Interface
Oct 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #4,141 of 4,156
Hi All.
I am new to Audio GD DI and looking to buy a  DI-2014 so i have some questions :

- From my computer to my DAC is 5M long, so what will be best in my case : using a 5M USB line from computer to DI-2014 then 0.5M hdmi cable from DI-2014 to  my DAC i2s hdmi port , or using 0.5M usb cable to DI-2014 then 5M hdmi from DI-2014 to my DAC ? 
- My DAC using Amanero USB board with 2 clock chip to Crystek upgraded and it also have dedicated ultra-low noise power supply Linear for Amanero USB boad instead of using 5v from usb computer. In this case are there any sound improve if i use a DI-2014 as usb converter and connect it to my DAC i2s hdmi port ?

Thank you !

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #4,143 of 4,156

Yea pretty disappointing. The later DI versions really didn't pick up steam like the first version. But then again, the price almost doubled. At it's current price point, I don't see a reason to just buy a whole new DAC with a better USB implementation.

If it could use the Anamero, then perhaps but as it is, there is though and cheaper competition [Gustard, Melodious, etc.].
I hate the VIA drivers so when I buy my next product of theirs, it will definitely have the Anamero board.
That and I might have to send it in for repair as the USB I can't get to work for quite some time. Optical and Coax is fine.
Shame though as it is a really good product. The PSU section especially is formidably beefy, considering the size!

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #4,144 of 4,156

Yea pretty disappointing. The later DI versions really didn't pick up steam like the first version. But then again, the price almost doubled. At it's current price point, I don't see a reason to just buy a whole new DAC with a better USB implementation.

If it could use the Anamero, then perhaps but as it is, there is though and cheaper competition [Gustard, Melodious, etc.].
I hate the VIA drivers so when I buy my next product of theirs, it will definitely have the Anamero board.
That and I might have to send it in for repair as the USB I can't get to work for quite some time. Optical and Coax is fine.
Shame though as it is a really good product. The PSU section especially is formidably beefy, considering the size!

I don't know if I ever posted here, but I had a Gustard U12 that I was running to my Reference 1. I thought it was great. Threw on my test tracks and was really digging it. 0 problems with dropout.

After 2 weeks of use I warmed up my old Reference 3 (the predecessor to the DI-V1, with a beefy power supply). WOW! The audio-gd reference 3 made the gustard sound grainy, unrefined and closed it. The only super noticeable thing was how much grainier the gustard sounded. Sold that U12 the next day. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #4,145 of 4,156
I guess. I am still happy with the U12. Super smooth sound. Though I will probably get something else eventually, like the Melodious or something :)

May 30, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #4,146 of 4,156
Reviving an old thread. I'm interested in the sonore microrendu and was wondering if the original audio-gd digital interface external power supply is compatible. Here are the specs I found on the Audio-gd DI power supply:

3, Upgrade the power supply :
      The DI-PSU built in 7.5V / 600MA class A PSU, cooperate with the DI can become double stages class A PSU , offer clear power supply for the circuits. DI-PSU price USD75 without shipping cost , include 1 unit PSU, 2 units DC wires, 1 unit power cable . (The DC plug outside dia. is 5.5MM, inside hole dia. is 2.5MM)

And here is the spec on the microrendu:

SPECIFICATIONS
Power input: 6-9 VDC at 1 Amp min.
Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)

It looks like the power connector is same size. I don't want to risk damaging the microrendu in case it is not compatible.

May 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #4,147 of 4,156
Looks like the 600mA won't be enough current for thee microrendu, and the connector inside hole looks a little off.

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #4,151 of 4,156
I have both and the duel DI 2014 vs SU-1 has a clear winner: SU-1

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #4,153 of 4,156
Is the difference so great that's worthy my upgrade?

What is your DAC and setup? With Audio-GD DACs, an USB converter upgrade is usually worth because it translates into better sound. So it is worth to me. I have never compared DI 2014 and SU-1 directly (I have already sold the DI-2014).

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #4,155 of 4,156
I'm still running my old trusty DA11

I don't know DA11 so it is difficult to say what solution will be best in your case. How does your DAC respond to better digital transports? Have you considered a new DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back