Audio-gd Digital Interface
Sep 4, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #4,129 of 4,156
Sometimes email gets caught by The Great Firewall. Try again soon, they may have never gotten it. IME the longest response took ~48 hours, IIRC.

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #4,133 of 4,156
Got the DI-2014 in today.

First impressions are positive as far as audio quality is concerned. Right now I'm having issues with it stopping playback after a short time in foobar2000 (using ASIO). Trying to figure out what's going on there and also checking it out in the new JRiver.

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #4,136 of 4,156
  Saga update: Nope, even the gold USB port on my machine eventually loses connection. All the others freeze before a single song is over.

I probably need a new motherboard before I keep this, so the DI-2014 is going back to Kingwa. :frowning2:

ARRRGGG ME MATEY!  (Because it's talk like a pirate day! )

You're on an Audio-GD Binge! 

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #4,138 of 4,156
Curious that I have seen several people mention that the DI improves sound from CD players and the like, yet there is no evidence on Kingwas site that it is made for that, it does not do any reclocking or up sampling on any of the inputs. Seems to me the only reason to purchase this would be taking a computer USB out to it as its aschyncronis and isolates the five volt power supply coming from the computers USB output.
The reason I am asking is that I am considering Emperical-Audios Synchro Mesh which does do reclocking.

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #4,139 of 4,156
Conversion to I2S is probably the main reason people see improvement, according to what I've heard about the format - it's more native to some DAC chips IIRC and the separate clock data is said to be the main reason. I'm pretty sure it reclocks/rebuilds the signal as well.

And for CD players, it says:
"The coaxial / optical inputs can improve on SQ from some low/mid rang coaxial output source. Like some DVD player, PC sound card, low/mid rang CDP like the Marantz CD67, ect. If the coaxial output source already  Hi-end quality, don't expect the DI-2014 can improve on SQ."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back