Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jul 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #4,006 of 4,156
I emailed Kingwa about this maybe 2 weeks ago.  He said he "expects" the new DI to outperform all built in USB 32 (when used with I2S output) and all previous DIs.

Personally I'd be surprised to hear a difference bigger than one you might hear after a firmware/driver upgrade.   

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #4,007 of 4,156
I have the NFB-10ES2 and I am wondering if someone could explain the sonic benefits of a digital interface like the DI-2014.
I primily listen through USB from my MAC (lossless files with DAC settings at 24/176). On occasion I will also play through an Apple Airport Express (I use an older model because there is too much jitter for the 10ES2 with the new model Airport Express). Would DI-2014 help with the optical input jitter?

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #4,008 of 4,156
Quote:

"What's benefit of the coaxial / Optical inputs:
                    The coaxial / optical inputs can improve on SQ from some low/mid rang coaxial output source. Like some DVD player, PC sound card, low/mid rang CDP like the Marantz CD67, ect. If the coaxial output source already  Hi-end quality, don't expect the DI-2014 can improve on SQ."

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #4,009 of 4,156
I ordered one last night....with the upgraded clock. I will pair it via coaxial with my REF-5 that I bought a cuple of years ago and give my Digital Interface to my daughter....It will be perfect for her...

I trust Kingwa when he mentions that PSU are usually one of the biggest challenge in audio.....

Anyway, I'll keep you informed....if anyone cares of course :)

Denys

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #4,012 of 4,156
I ordered one last night....with the upgraded clock. I will pair it via coaxial with my REF-5 that I bought a cuple of years ago and give my Digital Interface to my daughter....It will be perfect for her...

I trust Kingwa when he mentions that PSU are usually one of the biggest challenge in audio.....

Anyway, I'll keep you informed....if anyone cares of course :)

Denys
Denys, have you recieved yours yet and if so whats your impressions so far?

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #4,013 of 4,156
Hi.

No, to this date.... I did not receive anything.....and according to the shipment page......it's not sent yet...... I purchased it on July 31,,

I'll wait another week....

Denys

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4,016 of 4,156

It's my 5th purchase with Audio-GD....so I am not really worried.... I am more concerned by the fact that the DI-2014 does not appear on the website anymore....

Denys

I was also wondering about it not appearing. I'm actually thinking of getting one if you give good impressions about it. I wonder if kingwa is still selling it.

They haven't recieved the chassis from their vendor so they'll put up the page and send me a mail when they can sell it again, or ship it for people that already purchased it.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #4,018 of 4,156
Got an email by Kingwa......should be sent to me this weekend.... can't wait !!!! :)

Funny.....all the stuff I bought from Audio-GD took for ever to be sent......but I never....never regretted it......

I have great expectations regarding this DI-2014..... it will be paired with my REF5 via coaxial....

WooAudio 6SE and Senn HD800....

This should be my gear for a long time now...

Really can't wait...

Denys

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #4,019 of 4,156
I have great expectations regarding this DI-2014..... it will be paired with my REF5 via coaxial....

WooAudio 6SE and Senn HD800....

This should be my gear for a long time now...

Really can't wait...

Denys

Does your REF5 have a RCA or BNC coax connector?

The reason I ask is I've found the Audio GD DAC19-DSP with the RCA connector to be fussy regarding S/PDIF sources and am thinking the REF5 might be similar.

I've settled on the EA OR5 w/ Hynes regulator, EA Short Block, Veloce Black Cat coax, and a BNC attenuator.

EA OR5 was originally purchased to help pick out a DAC replacement for the DAC19-DSP but when it was added to my system I stopped looking.

BTW before the OR5 I had the original DI that I used as a re-clocker and a few $1500 DACs that I had demo'd.

The OR5/DAC19-DSP combo provides me with ALMOST everything I was looking for in a system but most importantly doesn't have any of the things I didn't want. (even the Senn HD-650's can reveal minor source weaknesses over time)

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #4,020 of 4,156
Does your REF5 have a RCA or BNC coax connector?

The reason I ask is I've found the Audio GD DAC19-DSP with the RCA connector to be fussy regarding S/PDIF sources and am thinking the REF5 might be similar.

I've settled on the EA OR5 w/ Hynes regulator, EA Short Block, Veloce Black Cat coax, and a BNC attenuator.

EA OR5 was originally purchased to help pick out a DAC replacement for the DAC19-DSP but when it was added to my system I stopped looking.

BTW before the OR5 I had the original DI that I used as a re-clocker and a few $1500 DACs that I had demo'd.

The OR5/DAC19-DSP combo provides me with ALMOST everything I was looking for in a system but most importantly doesn't have any of the things I didn't want. (even the Senn HD-650's can reveal minor source weaknesses over time)

No, the REF5 does not have the BNC connector, but the coax/optical one.... I am also using the DI 1st generation now, which I'll have to get rid of....probably giving it to my daughter....

Denys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back