Audio-gd Digital Interface
Apr 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3,706 of 4,156
I have post the users report request so long , just got some users feedback the SBT, have not problem report on the Windows, Mac and USB3.0 .
For test and fix the issue, I wish users who can tell me which model number of the SBT have the problems, then we can buy one for test .
Thanks yours support . VIA and we are wish try our best to improve the products.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #3,707 of 4,156
Quote:
i admit that i didn't even bother to try the firmware #5 because everyone said that its adaptive, not async
funny thing is that i really enjoy the #5 now too.
#4 was  sibilant and bright for me too

If you're getting sibilance then I'd guess that something is going wrong in the digital domain, possibly inadvertent re-sampling on your computer side altering the actual data.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #3,709 of 4,156
Quote:

If you're getting sibilance then I'd guess that something is going wrong in the digital domain, possibly inadvertent re-sampling on your computer side altering the actual data.

Im using a macbook pro - tried with VLC, itunes and spotify and they sounded the same. Is there any way the osx audio engine could be causing this and how can I check?
Krogg - on a mac by any chance?

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #3,710 of 4,156
Quote:
I have post the users report request so long , just got some users feedback the SBT, have not problem report on the Windows, Mac and USB3.0 .
For test and fix the issue, I wish users who can tell me which model number of the SBT have the problems, then we can buy one for test .
Thanks yours support . VIA and we are wish try our best to improve the products.

I think there is only one model for SB Touch. Try install the latest EDO plug in and use USB output to the DI-V3 with the default firmware (Async mode), the info shows the SBT is connected to a Async DAC, but no sounds output. If you change the firmware (Adaptive mode) and reboot the SBT, it will work and have sound output.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3,712 of 4,156
Quote:

actually i'm playing strictly through Jplay using 2 PC's, moreover - i'm using and Adnaco S3B to isolate my audio from PC noises completely

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #3,715 of 4,156
Apr 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #3,716 of 4,156
I got this long winded response from VIA but it does end with good news for us Windows 8 users.

"Hello,

VIA provides Windows 8 audio drivers for VIA audio chips that meet the Windows Logo Premium requirements, which can be found at the driver portal. These are general sound effects drivers with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors customize audio hardware and software, so to ensure optimal sound quality and compatibility, we strongly recommend you obtain the system-validated and certified audio drivers directly from your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, not from VIA.
The following VIA audio solutions do not meet the Windows Logo Premium requirements and therefore are supported by Microsoft's in-box audio support:
  1. VIA Vinyl HD audio: VT1708, VT1708A 
  2. VIA Vinyl AC'97 audio codecs: VT1612A, VT1613, VT1616/B, VT1617/A, VT1618
  3. VIA AC'97 integrated solutions in the following VIA South Bridge chips: VT82C686A/B, VT8231, VT8233/AC, VT8235 & VT8237/R, VT8251
If your system uses one of these VIA audio solutions and you are having audio issues using Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit), it is recommended that you install a sound card which has Windows Logo Premium driver support under Windows 8.
Note: Later versions of the VIA Vinyl VT1708 family of HD audio codecs, denoted by letter suffixes e.g. VT1708B, VT1708S, do meet Windows Logo Premium, and drivers for Windows 8 can be downloaded from this site.
Windows 8 drivers for the Envy24 line of audio chips (Envy24 MT/DT/GT/PT/HT-S and VT1723) are under development.

[size=small][size=10pt]Thanks in advance,[/size][/size]

[size=small][size=10pt]VIA Marketing [/size][/size]
[size=10pt]Taiwan[/size]"

The VT1731 is curiously absent from the list but it is  Envy chip so hopefully that list is not exclusive.  

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #3,717 of 4,156
hi all, it' my first post here
sorry for my bad english, hope you'll understand! I received my di-v3 with TXCO upgrade and PSU about 10 days ago, but I'm still unable to make it work!!
not exactly: it works perfectly in other pc, but not in mine. when I install the drivers, the VIA control panel only shows 44.1 or 48 kHz options, and in any case, it doesn't sound (on other pc it reaches 192 kHz, and works). the strangest thing is that I can't completely uninstall the drivers: in fact, after disinstalling, when I turn on the div3 unit my pc (w7 32bit) starts looking for a driver and finds one!! it's name is VIA USB DEVICE FS. If I try to uninstall it, then I cannot install the driver, but when I go into its properties, I find its limitations at 48 kHz, so I think this is the bug!! any idea? please help!!!

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #3,720 of 4,156
There seem to be good news for VIA VT1371 & SBT, as on the home page of Audio-GD, they posted a link to a new kernel:
"[size=x-small]An user experience for improve USB32 performance with SBT[/size]
The patch for the kernel is available here -   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/106773
The changes are already included in the kernel 3.9 rc6"
Anywone with a SBT & an USB32 device willing to give it a try ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back