Audio-gd Digital Interface
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #3,332 of 4,156
Got it working by re-installing v1.0 without the device plugged in (though that shouldn't make a different in Win7 but here we are)

Phew that was scary.

Has it been mentioned that the USB drivers suck? because it bears repeating

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #3,333 of 4,156
They do indeed suck big time! I been having major issues with the TE8802 driver with my Reference 10.2, windows keeps crashing all the time! Luckily the USB receiver isn't integrated into the main board on the Ref 10.2 so I will get my unit upgraded to the USB 32 receiver module tomorrow. Hopefully it fixes the crashing and improves on the sound. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #3,334 of 4,156
Now Burson as well as  Yulong are both adopting the TE8802, good luck to them.

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #3,337 of 4,156
Hey we're all wrong, we should just sell all our equipment. Reddit expert electronic engineers know best: LINK

Edit: Feel free to lock and load and send back up !

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #3,338 of 4,156
Quote:
Hey we're all wrong, we should just sell all our equipment. Reddit expert electronic engineers know best: LINK

Edit: Feel free to lock and load and send back up !

No , not all just keep your headphone 
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #3,339 of 4,156
Hey fella's just hopping in here to ask a quick question.

Right now I have a NFB-5 and have it connected to my computer via USB.  Its got the older TE7022 chip and I see there is a TE8022 upgrade availible, but it seems some of you guys are having problems with that chip.

Should I keep the TE7022 chip I have, go to the TE8022 upgrade or wait for whats next?

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #3,340 of 4,156
Quote:
Hey fella's just hopping in here to ask a quick question.

Right now I have a NFB-5 and have it connected to my computer via USB.  Its got the older TE7022 chip and I see there is a TE8022 upgrade availible, but it seems some of you guys are having problems with that chip.

Should I keep the TE7022 chip I have, go to the TE8022 upgrade or wait for whats next?

Well are you unhappy with your TE7022L chip , does it sound bad  ? furthemore It don't need any kind of custom drivers wich is not so bad .
 TE8802 is reported to have some driver problem but hard to say if it's massive or just a little minority .
On the other hand Audio GD switched to "USB32" wich seam a bit more mature for drivers , USB32 kits should be avaliable when they will think that USB32 drivers are definitively OK . 

If you can't wait  ask for TE8022 upgrade bord otherwise wait then for "USB32" upgrade board be ready to ship . 

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #3,341 of 4,156
Quote:

Well are you unhappy with your TE7022L chip , does it sound bad  ? furthemore It don't need any kind of custom drivers wich is not so bad .
 TE8802 is reported to have some driver problem but hard to say if it's massive or just a little minority .
On the other hand Audio GD switched to "USB32" wich seam a bit more mature for drivers , USB32 kits should be avaliable when they will think that USB32 drivers are definitively OK . 

If you can't wait  ask for TE8022 upgrade bord otherwise wait then for "USB32" upgrade board be ready to ship . 

I am by no means unhappy with the TE7022L chip I just know its not async as the TE8022 is.  I am fine waiting till the USB32 chip is up running and proven to work as I dont plan on installing it myself so I would need to ship it to Kingwa to do (I think they will do installs).  Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something super awesome in the TE8022 that was worth upgrading for.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #3,343 of 4,156
Quote:
Someone compared Audio GD DI-DSP with Hiface Two? 

Considering there are 233 pages of mostly complaints about this Audio gd interface this is a very sane request. I own the Hiface Two and it never fails to work exactly as it should. The software works properly and the Hiface Two does it's job every time without errors. I can't find a single thing wrong with it or anything about it that I would change (and it is cheap). The original Hiface had some problems but this new version is flawless.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #3,344 of 4,156
Quote:
Considering there are 233 pages of mostly complaints about this Audio gd interface this is a very sane request. I own the Hiface Two and it never fails to work exactly as it should. The software works properly and the Hiface Two does it's job every time without errors. I can't find a single thing wrong with it or anything about it that I would change (and it is cheap). The original Hiface had some problems but this new version is flawless.

I don't think 233 pages of 'mostly complaints' is a fair statement to make. The only complaints came along due to the tenor chip. Before that everyone loved their DI, and only a small portion are having issues with the tenor chip. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #3,345 of 4,156
I must have been lucky, di-dsp has worked from day 1 from 44.1 all the way to 192. Using audirvana plus atm, integer mode, and it sounds awesome. Latest version of osx, mcb is 18 months old about. Only hiccups I have noticed is when running windows 7 using parallels, the signal may drop after a while (not sure if it comes from the hardware or instead from audirvana) and it dropped once yesterday when I was using aperture in full screen doing also some photo post processing (aperture uses multiple threads so it may have got the machine too busy). Also, I am using the original driver, haven't bothered with the latest one because it's been working so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back