Audio-gd Digital Interface
May 31, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #2,911 of 4,156
Quote:
I think you just burst some people's bubbles....

My bubble is totally burst 
rolleyes.gif
  Does that guy ever actually post about equipment or just anti USB cable interface lectures.
blink.gif

The argument is ridiculous anyway its like "all whisky is distilled, so it should all taste the same, therefore I will never try different whisky because I think it shouldn't matter"  Feel free to replace whisky with any other food or beverage.

May 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #2,912 of 4,156
Quote:

My bubble is totally burst 
rolleyes.gif
  Does that guy ever actually post about equipment or just anti USB cable interface lectures.
blink.gif

The argument is ridiculous anyway its like "all whisky is distilled, so it should all taste the same, therefore I will never try different whisky because I think it shouldn't matter"  Feel free to replace whisky with any other food or beverage.

Wine?

May 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #2,913 of 4,156
Should we try to ferment & olden our usb cables inside barrel's in the basement? :wink:

Just got an email from Audio-GD:

Dear Nir,
We had sent out your goods,and because the DHL number need 2 - 3 days wait DHL company upgrade to us,so that we will sent the tracking number to you as long as we get your tracking number.

Audio-gd Sai

:p

May 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #2,915 of 4,156
Quote:
Should we try to ferment & olden our usb cables inside barrel's in the basement?
wink.gif

Just got an email from Audio-GD: Quote:
Dear Nir,
We had sent out your goods,and because the DHL number need 2 - 3 days wait DHL company upgrade to us,so that we will sent the tracking number to you as long as we get your tracking number.
Audio-gd Sai

tongue.gif

I have found that this is a standard cut and paste email- it is usually prepared for shipment and will go out the next run they make, not actually the day they sent the notice.

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2,917 of 4,156
me neither :frowning2:
did you have upgraded clocks?
mine did, that might be the reason for the delay....

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #2,918 of 4,156
I have found that this is a standard cut and paste email- it is usually prepared for shipment and will go out the next run they make, not actually the day they sent the notice.

Turns out it is for real :rolleyes:

Israel Nir DI-V2-S DHL

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #2,920 of 4,156
Request Linux-Compatibility from the TE8802 - responsible with this sampel mail!!!

To: info.chiu@gfec.com.tw !!! Let's do it EVERYBODY! This might help!!!

Mr. Info Chiu is product responsable at Galaxy Far East Corp, the producers of the TE8802

Sample Text:

---

To:
info.chiu@gfec.com.tw

Subject:
TE8802L: Please provide full Linux-Compatibility for asynchronous mode

Att.:
Mr. Info Chiu

Dear Sir

I own a recent USB audio interface from the brand "audio-gd", that incorporates a TE8802L - Chip as a USB interface.

However, I was unfortunately disappointed, when I wanted to use it, to listen to music from my Linux-based computer. There was a compatiblity issue, and the manufacturor of my DAC could not provide for any suitable drivers. It seems, that they are not yet developped for the TE8802L.

This does not only concern myself. There is a very large computer-audio-using community using Linux-based systems, who would like to connect their DACs in Asynchronous Mode, by Audio Class V2.0. You can easily confirm this by reading in forums where some consumers of hifi-equipments exchange their experiencies.

Other asynchronous interfaces connect to Linux natively and work flawlessly.

This concerns not only computer users, but as well the large community of Linux-based "Logitech Squeezebox Touch" users, who want to use the optimal quality by using the USB port for the asynchronous connection of a USB DAC (with the "Enhanced Digital Output App")

I hope, that you will soon provide asynchronous USB compatibility for Linux, in cooperation with the Linux developer community and the Logitech Squeezebox developers. Please make sure that the necessary drivers are incorporated into the Linux distributions and into the Squeezebox Touch with a near-future-software update.

I thank you very much in advance for your attention and your efforts in providing a largely compatible USB Audio Class V2.0 interface, and I am looking forward to your answer.

Sincerely yours!

---

I did it. Let us know it here, when you did it, too! THANKS!!!

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #2,921 of 4,156
Request Linux-Compatibility with Arthur's alternative to-the-point words:

Mail it to the TE8802L - responsible:
info.chiu@gfec.com.tw

"Mr. Info Chiu

There are many enthusiasts (audiophile) media players with Linux-based firmware. Support for external USB DAC's is now common. Asynchronous mode TE8802L Linux drivers will help ensure success for the future of GFEC semiconductors. Thank you for your consideration.

..."

(Arthur's original post here!)

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #2,922 of 4,156
The DHL guy was here a few hours ago, and dropped a special package from Audio-GD! :)

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #2,923 of 4,156
so you should already have a ton of experience with the new DI ! :)
share it!

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #2,924 of 4,156
Actually not yet, I need to wait for other stuff to arrive. But I will make a brief overview later :)

In the meantime, some eye-candy:

There is one bad thing though - Kingwa forgot to upgrade my clock to TCXO. :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #2,925 of 4,156
Quote:
There is one bad thing though - Kingwa forgot to upgrade my clock to TCXO.
frown.gif

i hope it won't be my case too...
by the way - what are those separate orange boards with wires and capacitors on your pictures?
also the usb cable doesn't seem to be "a higher quality cable" which was one of the reasons they had such a delay in shipping.

anyway - my congratulations :)
you seem to be the first one here who received the DI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back