Audio-gd Digital Interface
Aug 7, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #2,448 of 4,156
Hi,

Quote:
I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that the DAC is the problem if upsampling on the digital interface fixed it. I have gotten dropouts playing native 24/96 files before too.

No, no, I came to this conclusion (not that the Dac is the problem but that the Digital Interface is the problem) with 2 months of tests...

My Dac works ok without dropouts, with a lot of different interfaces to spdif.

If you look in previous messages, even another user (drez) came to the same conclusion...

Best

AF

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #2,449 of 4,156
Elaborate more on the upsampling and how you finally got it to stop...

I've stopped using my DI + PSU for more than 2 weeks now since I was never able to solve the issue...just straight into my NFB-10ES via USB which works perfectly fine, except for the slight degrade in sound.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #2,450 of 4,156
don't know how many times I have used this image for adjusting jumpers (many thanks to the poster) - but I use the upsampling to 96 khz as I had issues using 192 before.

I have crossed over to the onboard NEC USB 3.0 + OMILEX + DI + PSU + need OCD meds camp.  Not sure if I have descended to the insanity of CMP build guys though
blink.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #2,451 of 4,156

Not sure if I have descended to the insanity of CMP build guys though
blink.gif

finally someone who agrees that the audio engine is bloated in Vista/W7. It won't even support a variable sample rate w/o resorting to ASIO/WASAPI Exclusive...

OTOH, HPET allows for a much lower timer granularity(using Fidelizer) than XP will ever be able to...so much for whining about jitter if your OS is jittery to begin w/.

but yeah, the cMP guys claim to be able to hear a lot of stuff I'm highly dubious about
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #2,452 of 4,156

Hi,
Quote:
Elaborate more on the upsampling and how you finally got it to stop...

I've stopped using my DI + PSU for more than 2 weeks now since I was never able to solve the issue...just straight into my NFB-10ES via USB which works perfectly fine, except for the slight degrade in sound.

Well I tried mainly cause Drez already found that using upsampling dropouts stopped...

Since I changed to upsampling not even a single dropout...

You have to open the top cover of your DI with a screwdriver...

Then you have to set the jumpers...

AF

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #2,453 of 4,156

Quote:
Hi,

Well I tried mainly cause Drez already found that using upsampling dropouts stopped...

Since I changed to upsampling not even a single dropout...

You have to open the top cover of your DI with a screwdriver...

Then you have to set the jumpers...

AF

Looking at it and I'm not sure how the jumpers should be set to. My guess is that upsampling should be on and everything should be off except for 96k?  I also don't understand how to set the portion for the MMD0 and MMD1.

Also, does upsampling change the quality of the sound? I heard that the default settings actually sound the best.

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #2,455 of 4,156
It seems just setting it to upsampling FIXED the problem.  I'll leave it at that and call it a day... 
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm so glad I don't have 2 useless black boxes on my desk.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #2,456 of 4,156
 Upsampling sounded a little subtle in the first few days of my unit but now I think it sound rather different, at least here with TCXO.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2,457 of 4,156
You guys should definitely be complaining to Kingwa about your "unfixable" dropout issues. I get zero in a typical day and at most two or three that usually happen around midnight. I wouldn't want to settle for upsampling since I like the sound better without and you spent so much on the DI you shouldn't have to make such a compromise.

I'm just using a stripped down Windows 7 install (about half the services that would usually be running are disabled) and I even can have programs like uTorrent and Microsoft Security Essentials open without issues.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #2,458 of 4,156
Is this dropout issue common? I want to order the DI but am kind of hesitant based off the dropout issues I'm reading about. I plan on using it with foobar bitperfect to the DI and then to the audiogd fun... and I don't want to upsample!

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #2,460 of 4,156
Well I prefer the sound of my creative xfi titanium optical out vs the te7022 usb. I'm leaving for school soon and have to switch to a laptop with no spdif. I was hoping the DI would be close to the optical out of the xfi titanium...

And I really like the sound otherwise from the audiogd fun, maybe in a few years ill grab the bottle head crack or something but for now I think it would cost a fair amount of money to beat the fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back