Audio GD C2C
Jul 2, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #376 of 657
It has been quite a while since I had the GLite for review, but based on that, I would say the C-2-C is an upgrade, yes.

Jul 2, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #377 of 657
Kingwa said that the "Compass HP amp has 50-60% of C2C upgrade version, if the source is enough good", so based on what he said previously that Compass is 80% of the C2C standard version, the new volume pot for C2C improves it by about 33%. Pretty nice jump!.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any C2C user planning to upgrade their volume pot? I wonder how much it really improves the C2C.

Jul 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #378 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am curious if anyone that owns a C2C has also owned or heard the Gilmore Lite? I currently own the GL but am considering the C2C if it is much of an upgrade.

If you go Compass -> Gilmore Light, do you notice much of an improvement? With the C2C, its better ability to drive my HD-600's resulted in a wider soundstage and clearer image of the musicians.

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #379 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kingwa said that the "Compass HP amp has 50-60% of C2C upgrade version, if the source is enough good", so based on what he said previously that Compass is 80% of the C2C standard version, the new volume pot for C2C improves it by about 33%. Pretty nice jump!.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any C2C user planning to upgrade their volume pot? I wonder how much it really improves the C2C.

I am...I have the part en route as we speak.

Peete.

Jul 2, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #380 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am...I have the part en route as we speak.

Peete.

Ditto for the volume pot, with the included glue...

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #382 of 657
I just picked one of these up - my current stable of headphone amps is going to the for sale forum this weekend. no contest at all. I am just going to run with one major rig.

At the end of the day Tube/opamps/tube preamps turned out to just be annoying and expensive. I really like my MHDT DAC, but im done with my current set of <$500 amps and the C2C wins big time.

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #383 of 657
The pot arrived today among other things...I have to get some clarification on the L/R I/O + gnd tabs before I begin with the transplant.

Peete.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #385 of 657
Not yet..the wife took the camera for the week but I should have it back Sat evening. I also have the tabs worked out so Sunday I will begin with transplant and take pics along the way....stay tuned. I should have it ready to post by following Monday or Tuesday of next week if everything goes smoothly (which it will I'm thinking).

Peete.

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #386 of 657
Thanks for the update Peete. The c-2c continues to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back