Audio GD C2C
Jan 16, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #646 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtntrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on these two new products. I have SD650s on the way from Headroom. I was going for the solution of being able to use the Home Theater when the family is asleep with headphones. I was going to get a Emotiva USP-1 pre amp for the headphone output. After discovering head-fi I realized I can probably get back into listening to music like I used to do when I lived alone before I had a family.

So I am going back and forth between should I get the USP-1 to front end my Emo HT stuff and then get a pico for Ety 4 p/s for an improved HP experience or just get the Audio GD stuff. I wish there were some reviews of the new C2 and DAC 19 out. Hopefully some of you will check out Kingwa's new stuff at his website and post what you think as I am not familiar with amp and DAC technology...yet.

Stuff just came out, so reviews may take a little bit till some folks buy a few. The C-2 looks pretty interesting from the PIX.

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #647 of 657
Why do you need reviews of the new c2 and dac19mk4? I think how their predecessors have already been reviewed is a good indication that these too will be well-received.

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #648 of 657
Quote:

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on these two new products. I have SD650s on the way from Headroom. I was going for the solution of being able to use the Home Theater when the family is asleep with headphones. I was going to get a Emotiva USP-1 pre amp for the headphone output. After discovering head-fi I realized I can probably get back into listening to music like I used to do when I lived alone before I had a family.

So I am going back and forth between should I get the USP-1 to front end my Emo HT stuff and then get a pico for Ety 4 p/s for an improved HP experience or just get the Audio GD stuff. I wish there were some reviews of the new C2 and DAC 19 out. Hopefully some of you will check out Kingwa's new stuff at his website and post what you think as I am not familiar with amp and DAC technology...yet.

Part of being a member of community is being willing to take a shot on something and give something back to the community -- like in the form of reviews, impressions, for sale items -- rather than just letting everyone else take the initiative for you.

You say you are seriously considering it -- well, that's probably more than a lot of people, who at this point might only be casually considering it. So maybe you could step up and "be the change" you are waiting for everyone else to provide.

just saying
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #649 of 657
Thanks, I am all for making a contribution but since this will be my first mid-fi headphone rig, except an ety 4p/s and airhead, I will probably be so blown away that my review will probably not add as much as an experienced head-fier.

Anyway, I have been happy with Kingway's speedy correspondence when answering questions so far.

He says the C2 sounds better than the C2-C though I will miss the upgraded pot and balanced HP out on the C2C.

I have been steered away form the Little Dot solid state stuff thanks to reviews of audio gd here.

I am pulling the trigger today.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #650 of 657
Quote:

Thanks, I am all for making a contribution but since this will be my first mid-fi headphone rig, except an ety 4p/s and airhead, I will probably be so blown away that my review will probably not add as much as an experienced head-fier.

Anyway, I have been happy with Kingway's speedy correspondence when answering questions so far.

He says the C2 sounds better than the C2-C though I will miss the upgraded pot and balanced HP out on the C2C.

I have been steered away form the Little Dot solid state stuff thanks to reviews of audio gd here.

I am pulling the trigger today.

Cool - I'll bet your review will be fine. You've had two ears your whole life, imho that's all the experience you really need.
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #651 of 657
I was able to borrow a friend's C2C for a while and after throughly auditioning it, I can say that this is amp is quite the beast and that I haven't been this impressed with an amp in... well... ever.

(take that with a grain of salt though because I haven't really had the chance to audition a lot of quality amps thoroughly)

I haven't read through the thread yet so that my impressions won't be influenced so kindly opine if you find my impressions to be consistent or not with the general impressions regarding this amp. Right now I'm listening to it using this chain: PC (foobar) > Ibasso D10 DAC > C2C amp > DT770

First off, the improvement in soundstage was incredibly noticeable. The headstage becomes massive when using this amp as well as becoming more open and airy.

Also, the percussions became punchier, the separation is excellent, and you can hear the clear and crisp natural acoustics in the music. I had a fun time listening to Eric Clapton's "Unplugged" with this and I bet that any album with well-recorded acoustic guitars will impress as well.

When I reverted back to my default setup (PC > Ibasso D10 DAC/amp) I realized one more characteristic of the C2C: Well controlled treble / sibilance

It just surprised me that when I removed the C2C from the chain, the cymbals and high female vocals became obviously more piercing than with the C2C.

Night and Day difference for me with the C2C, definitely.

I also heard that it seems the C2C synergizes better with high-impedance headphones. Has anyone noticed this?

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #656 of 657
Quote:
Ipod 60 GB 5th gen (Rockbox/Lineout) --> FLAC --> Ferds' LOD --> Mini^3 (high performance version)

dsc7933resized.jpg

I don't listen too loud, just volume matched by ear. I used songs that I think are considered the headphones specialty genre, or basically the genre I like to use them with
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi insyte,

I know this is many years later, but what kind of rockbox theme are you using on that ipod?? Looks amazing!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back