Audio GD C2C
Mar 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 657

insyte

500+ Head-Fier
dsc7852resized.jpg

It arrived this afternoon, delivered straight to my house via DHL. Im actually used to picking up stuff from the post office near the airport when packages are shipped via EMS, so DHL is better in this aspect
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc7855resized.jpg

Kingwa was kind enough to lower the declared price, so my dues were lowered.
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc7859resized.jpg

The box was very difficult to open. It was taped, even triple taped all over. The packaging was filled with the styro stuff. It came with a power cable which I plan to replace with a bigger DIY cable
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc7869resized.jpg

Most have probably seen the pics in the Audio GD website
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc7865resized.jpg

I haven't listened to it yet as I haven't gotten my DAC yet
smily_headphones1.gif
Im letting it burn in with music from my ipod
smily_headphones1.gif

Im just happy, my first desktop amp
smily_headphones1.gif

-----------
edit : added impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 657
Ooh, I'm so ordering a Compass (Unless I find a cheap pair of HD650 first). All this Audio GD stuff is making me want one badly.

Just waiting for the funds to come in
biggrin.gif

I'll be very interested in impressions for this.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I will post impressions once I get to know the amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just looked closely as the pics you posted, in one pic it says sample of speaker and wires.. well, I must say Kingwa sure has a good sense of imagination.. I wonder what hewould be declaring my 40 kg amp.. perhaps samples of bricks and construction materials ??...
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just looked closely as the pics you posted, in one pic it says sample of speaker and wires.. well, I must say Kingwa sure has a good sense of imagination.. I wonder what hewould be declaring my 40 kg amp.. perhaps samples of bricks and construction materials ??...
biggrin.gif

I know its kinda funny, but my initial reaction was "OMG did I get the wrong package!!!"
atsmile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 657
Congrats insyte!

Look forward to impressions. Especially if you manage to compare it with Compass one day.

Any chance of seeing what's under the cover?

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #10 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by tinseljim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats insyte!

Look forward to impressions. Especially if you manage to compare it with Compass one day.

Any chance of seeing what's under the cover?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

If I have enough money I'll try and get a compass before the promo period ends so i can have an amp/dac for my dorm (if not its the alien+mini^3)
smily_headphones1.gif

I will probably attend a local meet around april, and I think I will be able to compare the C2C against a single ended beta22
smily_headphones1.gif

Internal pics from the site
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 657
I'm awaiting my upgraded version of the C2C, which I've also requested be re-tuned to be more neutral-sounding, as its only fault was that the slight bass boost it has doesn't go well with some of my headphones. I can tell you now, it's a significant jump from the Compass headphone amp, especially on high-impedance phones such as Senn HD-600s and HD-650s.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #12 of 657
It looks like a lovely amp. I got my Shanling yesterday so I know how you feel. I thought about buying the C2C before I settled on the Shanling. Id be interested to know how you find it. I'm loving mine. First experience of good headphones and headphone amp.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 657
Looks awesome, wonder how it stacks up with M3, probably the same idea...powerful

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #14 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like a lovely amp. I got my Shanling yesterday so I know how you feel. I thought about buying the C2C before I settled on the Shanling. Id be interested to know how you find it. I'm loving mine. First experience of good headphones and headphone amp.

Yes it really is a nice feeling
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm awaiting my upgraded version of the C2C, which I've also requested be re-tuned to be more neutral-sounding, as its only fault was that the slight bass boost it has doesn't go well with some of my headphones. I can tell you now, it's a significant jump from the Compass headphone amp, especially on high-impedance phones such as Senn HD-600s and HD-650s.

I can't wait to try it with the HD650. Im still patiently awaiting the arrival of my DAC, which shouldn't take long now, a fellow headfier is bringing it
smily_headphones1.gif

And I think he is going to get an audio gd dac to replace the stello he is selling me
smily_headphones1.gif
More business for Kingwa
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #15 of 657
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Hope you put it to the test as soon as your DAC arrive.. Then let us into the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back