Audio GD C2C
Jun 11, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #346 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by stew1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would the vibration actually be from the current? Seems odd.

Only sort of - the vibration would have to be from the transformer. I have seen this before from power transformers, but not often.

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #347 of 657
Well, I asked Kingwa, and here is what he said:

Quote:

1, Maybe your wall outlet no earth wire, or the earth wire bad connect.
You can check if bad connect, be I advice you find a electrician technician to do this.
2, Reversal the power cable connect to wall outlet. I think the power supply has reversal plase.

I'm not quite sure what he means, since I'm no expert with things like this. I'm currently hooked up to a fairly decent quality surge protector plugged straight into the wall outlet.

I was thinking of trying out better quality power cords -

but earlier today I was messing around with my set-up, and I noticed that I actually could feel that "vibration" even when the amp was not plugged in to power at all..???

So I unplugged my DAC (Keces DA-151) (which is currently plugged into the C2-C via RCA - from my USB port and the vibration/current thingie completely stopped. Plugged it back in, and it started again. So it seems to actually be coming from the USB port.

Currently: USB>Keces DA-151 DAC>RCA>C2-C.

I'll try to get another USB cable tomorrow and try it out again. Unfortunately I have no other set-up available right now. Not even a CD player,haha.

Although it might be worthwhile to note that with my previous DAC+Amp, I was getting a crackling sound from my USB port as well - when my power options on Windows were set to low, the crackle disappeared - but reappeared when I selected the high power options.

Thanks

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #348 of 657
From your description seem like ur da151 is the source of the problem?
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #349 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by umbalito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I asked Kingwa, and here is what he said:

I'm not quite sure what he means, since I'm no expert with things like this. I'm currently hooked up to a fairly decent quality surge protector plugged straight into the wall outlet.

I was thinking of trying out better quality power cords -

but earlier today I was messing around with my set-up, and I noticed that I actually could feel that "vibration" even when the amp was not plugged in to power at all..???

So I unplugged my DAC (Keces DA-151) (which is currently plugged into the C2-C via RCA - from my USB port and the vibration/current thingie completely stopped. Plugged it back in, and it started again. So it seems to actually be coming from the USB port.

Currently: USB>Keces DA-151 DAC>RCA>C2-C.

I'll try to get another USB cable tomorrow and try it out again. Unfortunately I have no other set-up available right now. Not even a CD player,haha.

Although it might be worthwhile to note that with my previous DAC+Amp, I was getting a crackling sound from my USB port as well - when my power options on Windows were set to low, the crackle disappeared - but reappeared when I selected the high power options.

Thanks

Cords should not be at fault, with computers, most of the problem could be originating from the power supply of the computer.

If you have a notebook type computer, try unplugging your charger from the wall, and try again.

If you have a desktop computer, check if there's reactive load on the same power circuit (florescent lighting, A/C, fridge, fan, or even washing machines and other stuff) and try not to use the same power circuit. If it still doesn't help, it could be coming from your desktop's power supply, I myself had that a few years ago, and after switching to a better power supply, the background noise dropped significantly.

Thanks

David

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #350 of 657
I think umbalito is talking about static on his amp.

umbalito - try running audio out from your PC directly to the amp and see if the static goes away. if it does, then you know it's coming from the DAC. otherwise, it could coming from the PC's chassis (or PSU, not doing filtering properly)

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #351 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by glitch39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think umbalito is talking about static on his amp.

umbalito - try running audio out from your PC directly to the amp and see if the static goes away. if it does, then you know it's coming from the DAC. otherwise, it could coming from the PC's chassis (or PSU, not doing filtering properly)

I was referring to the part that he mentioned that unplugging the USB cable stopped the noise. Tho I guess we agree on that some computer PSU can create vast amount of noise and interference due to the switching nature of the power circuit and not enough attention was put into combating the noise of the switching operation.

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #352 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look like there is a new version of the c2c

What's new in C-2C (upgrade version):
1, Apply the 23 steps volume pots, we design the exponential volume characteristic, it has wide control characteristic , so users can easy to adjust the volume .
2, The 23 steps switch manufacturer, which is products switch for Chinese space shuttle, the QC is very solidity.
3, The volume pots compose by DALE resistors, compare to C2C(stand version) , S/N rise 6DB, and sound improve a bit detail and neutral.

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

however the new version price is 380 as compared the the 335 for the old

I wonder if the SQ improvements in the upgraded version are worthy over the C2C standard version. I received mine already on 10th of this month. I wish I would have waited a little longer to order the upgraded version
smily_headphones1.gif
. I am very happy with the performance of the C2C. It synergies really well with my 702s. It brought them to life. They just sing with C2C
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #353 of 657
The volume control I imagine is fairly easily upgradeable.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #354 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The volume control I imagine is fairly easily upgradeable.

I'm very happy with the standard C-2C, it's a great/totally solid amp, no doubt about it. Curiosity got the best of me though, I'm going to do a DIY upgrade with Kingwa's new pot. I'm certainly no expert, so I've got my fingers crossed that it all goes well, LOL...

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #355 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaidBack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very happy with the standard C-2C, it's a great/totally solid amp, no doubt about it. Curiosity got the best of me though, I'm going to do a DIY upgrade with Kingwa's new pot. I'm certainly no expert, so I've got my fingers crossed that it all goes well, LOL...

I've also ordered the new pot among some other things. I can help you out should you need any.

Maybe I'll make up a short "how to" with pics and post it here.

Peete.

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #357 of 657
Having the standard c-2c, would be interested in the upgraded pot. What did Kingwa charge you for the pot? And If you ordered extra pots, i'd be happy to buy one from you. also interested after the pot is installed, what changes in the sound signature. (Really a nice sound ss amp as it is...but..)

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #359 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've also ordered the new pot among some other things. I can help you out should you need any.

Maybe I'll make up a short "how to" with pics and post it here.

Peete.

That would be awesome! This would be my very first DIY project in audio. I'm a pretty good learner. I'm not afraid to give it a try. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #360 of 657
Happy to help you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

The 23 step (DACT clone ?) is 30US.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back