Audio GD C2C
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #302 of 657
It's safe to stack it. Mine is sitting below an SACD player and two Stax amps.

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #303 of 657
I am curious if any of the new C2C owners have also owned or tried out the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite (without DPS)? I am wondering if you feel it is a major improvement and worth an upgrade. I should be able to sell my Gilmore Lite without problems but just wanted some opinions. I am upgrading my cans as well from the SR-225 to the HF-2.

I appreciate any opinions or suggestions.
beerchug.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #304 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Compass' amp section is good but it's not really that good compared to dedicated headphone amps which is to be expected.

Yeah well we'll see, ... I am enjoying the hell out of the Compass now ... and I am experimenting with different power cables and getting really interesting varied results per each cable ... (with the cheapest but thickest guage one sounding the best ...) Going to get my SA-5000 re-cabled also ... that should be interesting ...

I will get a c2c eventually, I think or even the Phoenix thing ...something to look forward to ......

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #305 of 657
Received the c2 c today. Coupled with a battery driven v-dac, fed by a macbookpro optical out. Feeding a set of denon d7000's. Well packaged. Quick shipping.

I'm not able to compare headphone amps as I've only had one, the x-can v3 w/pinkflyd mods and ps.

Detail exquisite. Sound stage spacious yet controlled. Had not had my ears thumped like this with the x-can. Consider I have just made an excellent purchase with great value for the dollar, a real joy to my ears. A happy camper here. Would recommend heartily to anyone with good source and dac to feed it. Best 400.00usd spent in awhile. WOW WOW WOW...as I listen while typing this.

At 9:00 position, enough for my ears, by ten o'clock, there is some pain.

Any improvement with burn-in is just icing and gravy at this point. Non-fatiguing, a real pleasurable listen. Thanks to all who guided me down this path.

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #306 of 657
With all these positive comments I am really tempted to take the plunge with this amp. My HD650 need more power.
smily_headphones1.gif
Oneq question to the ones in the US with this amp - did you have any trouble with Customs? Additional payments or something?

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #307 of 657
here in USA, No trouble with customs. The box appeared unopened from the time it left china. Payment made, item received. no hidden costs.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #308 of 657
Mine just blasted through customs this morning in 10 minutes according to the EMS site. Hope i am getting it today!
Took a week from ordering for it to reach Norway. EMS has worked great for me every time.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #309 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skorpitarius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah well we'll see, ... I am enjoying the hell out of the Compass now ... and I am experimenting with different power cables and getting really interesting varied results per each cable ... (with the cheapest but thickest guage one sounding the best ...) Going to get my SA-5000 re-cabled also ... that should be interesting ...

I will get a c2c eventually, I think or even the Phoenix thing ...something to look forward to ......

What power cable is that and how much did it cost?

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #311 of 657
which dac19mk3 did you order to pair with the c2c. The mode 1 or mode 2. I'm a bit confused over the difference. I mainly play flacs. Currently my v-dac does 24/96. Is ther an appreciable sound difference between the two modes?

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #312 of 657
Kingwa offers both because while it's easy to make it 24/96 capable, he felt that it didn't sound as good as the other module, so he offers a choice. 24/96 capability is only useful if you have 24/96 files. CD rips are only 16/44.1. If you don't, then it's unnecessary.

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #313 of 657
Currawong said...How about this: Audio-gd DAC19MK3 + C2C? That's less than $1k. The DAC is un-coloured and will be less digital sounding than the Lavry and Benchmark (I owned the Lavry DA-10, have heard the DAC 1) and the C2C drove my Denons very well with tight bass and all the detail of whatever DAC was plugged in.
[size=xx-small]

Currawong,

You started all this. Much to my listening enjoyment, with your innocent reply to another question in another forum. Being lighter of 400.00usd, but enjoying ever so much the c2c, now ready to jump on the dac19mk3, but waiting for affirmation that the combo is not to clinical or sterile. Looking for a bit of musicality in the delivery, not sure I want a wire with a gain. Convince me to spend another 550.usd
to make musical headphone nirvana with my denond7000's
[/size]

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #314 of 657
I have been experimenting with using my Sony dvd player as a transport connected to my Compass' coax input with a nice sold silver inter-connect cable and was pretty astonished at the SQ vs. the USB cable ( I think ) ... Making me want to get a C2C even moreso now ...

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #315 of 657
It's much better than usb-audio and an ASIO media player? Hmm, I better get a cd-player then lol. Btw I saw in your sig about shopping for a usb cable, most people don't think usb cables affect the sound that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back