Audio engineers pls help
Jul 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #16 of 22
I've tried schiit lyr with JH 11 and there was hissing sound much. Tried with the Centrance DACmini, no hissing sound but can't get the bass and warmth of the schiit lyr, tried with the graham slee solo, a bit more hissing sound but less than the schiit lyr, but same thing can't get the amount of headroom and bass the schiit can offer.

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #18 of 22
Likui, just start first with the hps...the NI will drive the Senn as well the K702. Maybe is better for you to start out with some flat sound hps like the K-240MKll, and see from there. BTW,  for mixing is better to go for the HD-600, and not the 650s.

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
Likui, just start first with the hps...the NI will drive the Senn as well the K702. Maybe is better for you to start out with some flat sound hps like the K-240MKll, and see from there. BTW,  for mixing is better to go for the HD-600, and not the 650s.

I think I've got my mind set on the Audeze LCD 2, it's WOW!!

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:

I think I've got my mind set on the Audeze LCD 2, it's WOW!!

Anything that will bring some inspiration to the music creation is welcome.
k701smile.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #22 of 22
I would recommend the SPL Phonitor headphone amp if you sometimes have a need for using headphones for mixing.
It was designed to allow you to replicate the soundstage of your normal mixing monitor setup and do your mixing on headphones wherever you are.

The youtube demo gives a good idea of how they work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7iHJY-lbLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back