Audeze's new Sine DX
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #61 of 75
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of either buying the sine or sine dx and was hoping someone who has the dx could answer me a quick question. How is the sound leackage of the dx ? Would Someone sitting next to me in a train or car hear anything when I listen at a „normal“ volume (Volume like one has during an conversation, maybe a little louder). I would be only using it for on the go.

Definitely choose the closed Sine for on the the go use. The Sine DX leaks quite a lot and shall bother the person sitting next to you in the public. You can also consider the iSine which only leaks sound like a normal earbug, but with more open sound than the closed Sine.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #62 of 75
Definitely choose the closed Sine for on the the go use. The Sine DX leaks quite a lot and shall bother the person sitting next to you in the public. You can also consider the iSine which only leaks sound like a normal earbug, but with more open sound than the closed Sine.

Ok thx for that info. Dunno if they would look strange though while wearing :L3000:Any experience with the lcdi3?

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #64 of 75
Jun 28, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #65 of 75
Hello, I just ordered myself a Sine DX. I am looking for a cable though that has a 2.5 balanced connection and fits the ports on the Sine DX. I have a Cardas Parsec cable for my Focal Elegia but am pretty damn sute those won't fit :/. So I have been looking at the Meze cables and for the price, they seem great but I'd have to get them shipped from overseas to Aus :/. But I think most cables I'd have to have them shipped unfortunately. Anyways can anyone rec me some cables that are good quality and low priced :)

Jun 29, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #66 of 75
Ok, so I just grabbed myself a pair of Sine DX's finally today, having been curious about these for a couple of years now. I'm a big fan of the form-factor, as well as their limited nature. I owned the closed-back version a couple of years back, but couldn't bring myself to love their voicing. Combined with the *meh* pads, I let them go.

Anyhow, back to the DX's. I'm a few years more experienced in headphones, and I've learned to not be fearful of applying EQ - liberally if required. The first thing I did after a quick listen on the stock pads was to swap them out for these pads, which I used briefly on my Meze 99's. They're a 200% comfort upgrade, and they improve the soundstage and air department markedly.

Next, I used the Meze 99's balanced 2.5mm cable, and plugged them into the Topping A90 on medium gain. They sounded generally pretty great, but I felt they could use a lot more treble, as it felt dim and somewhat rolled away. These respond great to EQ, so I lowered the headroom on the digital signal and applied both a low and high-end shelf, as well as a couple of peaks to deal with some minor/major dips.

Verdict? These are GREAT. I've been without a planar set of cans for a while, and I've missed this kind of low end - it seriously slaps. More to come.
106533423_289724018839251_1905130279731929312_n.png
20200629_190256.jpg

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #67 of 75
Ok, so I just grabbed myself a pair of Sine DX's finally today, having been curious about these for a couple of years now. I'm a big fan of the form-factor, as well as their limited nature. I owned the closed-back version a couple of years back, but couldn't bring myself to love their voicing. Combined with the *meh* pads, I let them go.

Anyhow, back to the DX's. I'm a few years more experienced in headphones, and I've learned to not be fearful of applying EQ - liberally if required. The first thing I did after a quick listen on the stock pads was to swap them out for these pads, which I used briefly on my Meze 99's. They're a 200% comfort upgrade, and they improve the soundstage and air department markedly.

Next, I used the Meze 99's balanced 2.5mm cable, and plugged them into the Topping A90 on medium gain. They sounded generally pretty great, but I felt they could use a lot more treble, as it felt dim and somewhat rolled away. These respond great to EQ, so I lowered the headroom on the digital signal and applied both a low and high-end shelf, as well as a couple of peaks to deal with some minor/major dips.

Verdict? These are GREAT. I've been without a planar set of cans for a while, and I've missed this kind of low end - it seriously slaps. More to come. 106533423_289724018839251_1905130279731929312_n.png20200629_190256.jpg
How securely do those aftermarket pads fit? Are you using an adapter to fit them or just putting them directly on? I had a closed-back SINE a while back and found the stock pads murder for my poor ears.

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #68 of 75
How securely do those aftermarket pads fit? Are you using an adapter to fit them or just putting them directly on? I had a closed-back SINE a while back and found the stock pads murder for my poor ears.
Hi mate, I'm not using an adapter for these but I'm looking to have one made - they fit on reasonably securely without them, however.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #69 of 75
Hi mate, I'm not using an adapter for these but I'm looking to have one made - they fit on reasonably securely without them, however.
Hey, just want to ask. Does your Sine DX have slight driver flex when you put them on? I got mine and they do but it got much worse to the point any head movement, even jaw movement would cause the drivers to flex loudly. Luckily the store I ordered from took them in to check and they said the drivers are out of spec and it is unusual for the drivers to do this so easily. So I am getting a new pair today. The lady checked them though and she said there is minimal ( tiny bit of driver flex) on both drivers but apparently it's normal with all DX headphones. Just be careful when you put them on your head, do it slowly and try not to press on the cups. Other than that though, they sound fantastic. I do feel they need a slight treble boost as well, I added 3db at 4k-8k and another 3db at 16k. That did the trick for me. They have insane detail, I been comparing them to my Focal Elegia and I do feel the DX brings out more detail which is crazy.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #70 of 75
Hey, just want to ask. Does your Sine DX have slight driver flex when you put them on? I got mine and they do but it got much worse to the point any head movement, even jaw movement would cause the drivers to flex loudly. Luckily the store I ordered from took them in to check and they said the drivers are out of spec and it is unusual for the drivers to do this so easily. So I am getting a new pair today. The lady checked them though and she said there is minimal ( tiny bit of driver flex) on both drivers but apparently it's normal with all DX headphones. Just be careful when you put them on your head, do it slowly and try not to press on the cups. Other than that though, they sound fantastic. I do feel they need a slight treble boost as well, I added 3db at 4k-8k and another 3db at 16k. That did the trick for me. They have insane detail, I been comparing them to my Focal Elegia and I do feel the DX brings out more detail which is crazy.
Hey mate, they definitely have a case of driver "crinkle" when taking on/off or squishing the pads quickly. If treated gently it's not a problem though.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #71 of 75

My Sine DX, LCD-XC, and RAD-0 all have this "crinkle" driver noise. I believe it is a common issue with the completely sealed/glue-on earpad designs which would create "suction effect". What I find more interesting is the severity of the suction effect has to do with eardrums. I discovered this when I found my Sine DX, LCD-XC, and RAD-0 all have greater crinkle noise on the right drivers. I thought it cannot be coincident that the right drivers of all 3 headphones are out of spec. Then I tried swapping sides wearing the headphones and still found the crinkle noise on the right side being louder! So I concluded that my right eardrum or the shape of my right ear would give better "sealing", causing more suction effect.

Now I use this trick to reduce the crinkle noise: Open my mouth slightly when putting on the Sine DX, LCD-XC, RAD-0, the same trick used during flight take-off to balance eardrum pressure.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #73 of 75
My Sine DX, LCD-XC, and RAD-0 all have this "crinkle" driver noise. I believe it is a common issue with the completely sealed/glue-on earpad designs which would create "suction effect". What I find more interesting is the severity of the suction effect has to do with eardrums. I discovered this when I found my Sine DX, LCD-XC, and RAD-0 all have greater crinkle noise on the right drivers. I thought it cannot be coincident that the right drivers of all 3 headphones are out of spec. Then I tried swapping sides wearing the headphones and still found the crinkle noise on the right side being louder! So I concluded that my right eardrum or the shape of my right ear would give better "sealing", causing more suction effect.

Now I use this trick to reduce the crinkle noise: Open my mouth slightly when putting on the Sine DX, LCD-XC, RAD-0, the same trick used during flight take-off to balance eardrum pressure.
Great idea, I'll do this when I use them 😊. I absolutely love how the Sine DX sound but I also want them to last

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #74 of 75

Verdict? These are GREAT. I've been without a planar set of cans for a while, and I've missed this kind of low end - it seriously slaps. More to come.
So I've been using the Sine DX a good fair bit. What an amazing headphone it is, I truly love them heaps 😁. The driver crinkle/flex has completely gone away for me and I been using your EQ you posted. WOW simply perfect. The Audeze LCD-1 honestly does have a better stock tuning. But the Sine DX has better technical abilities. With EQ the tonality ( Lacking treble ) is fixed. Thats where the Sine DX suffers most and the LCD-1 has better treble but the EQ really fixes that with the DX. I found the DX to have better low end detail, better clarity in the mids and more detail, better detail in the treble as well. Better imaging and better instrument separation. Soundstage seems a bit bigger on the DX as well compared to the LCD-1. Only thing I can say the LCD-1 is truly better is the comfort. But with EQ the DX is the superior headphone :wink:. Truly amazing ! 😁😁😁 With no EQ, the LCD-1 is much better tuned. But such an easy fix with EQ for the DX and overall is much cheaper now too :wink:. Oh detail detail detail. Amazingly detailed these headphones are 😊. I'll be buying some Vesper Audio on ear leather earpad for the DX to improve comfort

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #75 of 75

Could you please list the eq settings. I've tried to match it as close as I could but I think its not the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back