Audeze's new Sine DX

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements and Deals' started by audeze, Apr 24, 2017.
Tags:
  1. Heartsmart
    Saw that now and changed. Thanks! :)

2. Jimmy Gazelle

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  3. DJ The Rocket
    Why do you have to wait for Audeze, especially since they don't seem interested in replacement pads? There are plenty of aftermarket pads that make it into a very comfortable over-ear; my favorites are the Brainwavz angled pads ($30) but there are plenty of other great choices too

FastAndClean likes this.
  4. Jimmy Gazelle
    Hey Folks,
    Since the sine dx is not out in Germany yet and no one I know has listened to it so far, I am asking those of you that have for your opinion:
    1) how is the soundstage on these? Comparable to a mediocre over ear open can?
    2) has anyone also had the opportunity to listen to the isine 20? Regardless of being two different kind of systems,which one has the wider soundstage?
    Thank you!!

5. DJ The Rocket
    I haven't heard an open Sine but I'm very familiar with the original, so I'm also curious to hear how the open back affects the sound!

I've owned both the original Sine and the iSine20. Neither of those are known for exceptional soundstage. The closed Sine was more or less average in that regard--soundstaging is maybe the only aspect of sound that dynamic drivers tend to do better than planar drivers*--so I wouldn't expect a world change in the DX.

The iSine20 soundstage is certainly better than the Sine, but it's still pretty much average to me. It isn't a particular strength, but it's not a weakness by any means either. Overall the 20 sounds a couple of notches better than the Sine IMO (even a notch better than my Hifiman HE500, surprisingly).

*-The only exception I know is the Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime. The planar AP (which is also closed-back) has a phenomenal soundstage, it actually changed the way I perceive soundstaging in any headphones. It's not as airy as an HD800, but it's no less 3-dimensional and precise. The Alpha Prime is like a K701 but with another level of detail, clarity, and accuracy :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017