Audeze SINE Series
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #4,052 of 4,783
Oh yeah, thanks, just saw a dedicated discussion thread for them too. Design is kind of a "gamer" look. Just plug in a headset microphone, color-match your RGB LEDs on your keyboard and computer case, and game on :)

Haha, totally called it :D
w0805i6zwx7ch2flsqlx.jpg

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #4,053 of 4,783
Anyone here try a Meze 99 cable with microphone and in-line controls (mute/play) with SINE and check whether the mic and controls work? Tempted to get one of those for the extra functionality with my android phone. I'd be foregoing an amplifier in this case, but I actually like how SINE sounds un-amped (but EQ'd with PowerAmp) with certain albums.

At this point the only thing I don't like about SINE is that when I walk quickly and make steps, there's an annoying change in air pressure which results in beat-like change to static notes. Like on prolonged note instead of "naaaaaaa" it will sound like "na-na-na-na-na" in rhythm with my steps. It's not noticeable with quickly changing music, but I was listening to Perturbator while out and about today, and it was super noticeable. I wonder if that will improve if I swap pads to 3rd party MSR7 pads. Otherwise I am actually okay with stock pads, though wishing for slightly more noise isolation.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #4,054 of 4,783
I think the noise isolation can’t be improved. Something to do with matierials. My Sine’s stopped doing that weird sound thing while walking, for the most part. Still happened some, but got better. It was always my left ear. I changed pads to some I mentioned in a recent page and use my sines even more often than I was.

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #4,056 of 4,783
AKG K872 are big, but very well sealed however they almost sound open. Better than the sines in almost every way, but a little different sound signature. They are significantly more sensitive than the sinesb which is useful on phones.

The cable is too long, so I'm making a new one once I get the Lemo connector.

to be fair to Audeze, i don't mean to be be mean, shall we compare stuff from the same price category please?

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #4,057 of 4,783
I think the noise isolation can’t be improved. Something to do with matierials. My Sine’s stopped doing that weird sound thing while walking, for the most part. Still happened some, but got better. It was always my left ear. I changed pads to some I mentioned in a recent page and use my sines even more often than I was.

Thanks, I did order some generic 3rd party MSR7 replacement pads hoping to get a little bit more isolation and maybe change that air suction cup sensation that changes the sound with rhythmic steps while walking, as I mentioned before. I think perhaps you only experienced it in your left ear as the air seal was better there vs the right side. I'm experiencing this with both sides. Otherwise I actually find the stock on-ear pads comfortable enough now after I've stretched the headband to open up a bit wider and provide less clamping force. I think the on-ear pads might be less hot for summer months too, we'll see. But if those other things are improved with over-ear pads, I'll stick with over-ear.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #4,061 of 4,783
Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #4,063 of 4,783
Was v impressed with the Sine's. No other h/phone i've seriously tried ( didn't spoil my ears too long with the top Focal and the el-8 though sounding better had perceived fragility issues) can bring the terribly recorded Motorhead greatest hits to life. Yes their uncomfortable for big 'eads, but I'm still considering them, and they have the mark of greatness with their poor recording grace.

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #4,064 of 4,783
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Ear-P...-Technica-ATH-MSR7-SX1-Headphone/263547299448

They will take a while to arrive still before I can test them. You can also get similar on Amazon. From what I've read, any generic (but not the OEM) MSR7 pads seem to work without adapters, or at least those who've gotten them from various sources have said the same thing.

Thanks. I’d like to know how they work. Fit may be alittle loose like mine, but you can mod the pads with tape or something to seat them more consistently. Im going to shanghai soon. Is stuff like this easy to get there? I don’t expect to see it in a market or store, but I wonder if I will be able to order something from alibaba one taobao (sp?) and have it shipped to the hotel. Can I use my credit card online with the Chinese internet firewall? Wrong thread, I know...
But it would cool to buy pads etc

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #4,065 of 4,783
Some dude way back in this thread recommended the Creative Aurvana Live Ear Pads. Anyone else tried those and is happy with them? Sound similar to stock pads? Comfort level better?

I found them for $12.99 at Amazon, not much risk: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...1-1-fkmr0&keywords=Creative+Aurvana+Live+pads

I bought the Brainwavz angled pads a while ago. Final impression is same as other feedback I've seen: Very comfortable but too thick, so the sound is too far away from my ears. Stock pad sound is easily better.

The pics of the Creative pads make them look thin enough to have the same closeness as the stock pads. But wider diameter so they fit over ears instead of on ears.

On a separate note, my Sines were never quite right from the day I got them. Sounded great, but the sound occasionally cut in and out. For a while I couldn't tell if it was the cable or what? Read about the sound pressure thing and other issues, didn't know what to make of it. Finally about two weeks ago one side completely cut out. So I stopped being lazy and asked for a fix. Audeze took them back and said they replaced both drivers. Getting them back next week. Overall customer service experience: Excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back