Audeze SINE Series
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #4,081 of 4,783
I actually believe that a good amp will be a better investment to bring the SINE to life. If you don’t use an iPhone (in which case the Sipher amp/DAC cable is great), they will sound fine from a phone, provided you use something like PowerAmp with EQ to play your music. Your phone will get the headphone loud enough, it just won’t provide the same overall impact and fullness as you’d get with an additional amp or powerful amp/DAC combo. If I were forced to use my SINE with my phone only, it would be “okay”, but there are better headphones suited for low output power sources. The SINE’s optimal input power is 500mW-1W.

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #4,082 of 4,783
I actually believe that a good amp will be a better investment to bring the SINE to life. If you don’t use an iPhone (in which case the Sipher amp/DAC cable is great), they will sound fine from a phone, provided you use something like PowerAmp with EQ to play your music. Your phone will get the headphone loud enough, it just won’t provide the same overall impact and fullness as you’d get with an additional amp or powerful amp/DAC combo. If I were forced to use my SINE with my phone only, it would be “okay”, but there are better headphones suited for low output power sources. The SINE’s optimal input power is 500mW-1W.

Totally agree i have the cipher cable, but i prefer to use my Fiio A3 with the bass boost on, it provides a similar bass boost to the cipher, but provides much better amplification in my opinion.Sine certainly shines if you can give it more power like most planars.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #4,083 of 4,783
The difference my Cayin C5 amp gives is monumental: there is such power to the sound with it on high gain mode, especially with bass boost on. Not just bass, but everything feels very present and powerful (provided, of course, that your source is doing well at giving a balanced [sound, not balanced like split left and right channels] and detailed output).

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #4,085 of 4,783
Beyer T1 Cables work Just fine. I use a 3rd Party one as the cable for my Sine, the 3 pole stereo plug is not an issue. I believe you can use a stereo cable in a mono jack, but not the other way around
thanks a lot! I posted on r/headphones and I got a response that 2 stereo to mono jacks will make the audio mono.. glad to hear that isn't the case.

How is the isolation on these? I'm coming from hd25s and want something else to spice things up.
hd25 isolation is pretty wild, it can't be beat. I used to own a pair when I was DJing.

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #4,087 of 4,783

100% true .... Even on the O2 objective or ICan SE. Is a great difference in the lower end. In favor for the Ican.

The Ican SE is a perfect match for the Sine IMO.

Still want to try the M1060. But unfortunately not available here in Europe. And this hobby is eating my wallet atm.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #4,088 of 4,783
Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #4,091 of 4,783
Contact Audeze customer service. Seems like it's a material fault, as broken hinge has been reported here at least a few times.
yes i did. no replacement for sine available. not big fan of isine. already have isine 10. not so fancy about the a little bit too much presentation of 20. done auditioning again today for 10, 20. conclusion still exactly the same as last year.

to me it seems that the screw is bit too short as it's supposed to be when designed. had the screw been bit longer, reaching the base of the hinge, i guess it won't happen. if i manage to open the metal flip that cover the hinge screw, i guess it's fixable. all i need is finding a longer screw.

such a waste for the sine.

tested 872 today too, doesn't like it. too much pampered by audeze. hope the mobius is good.

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #4,092 of 4,783
yes i did. no replacement for sine available. not big fan of isine. already have isine 10. not so fancy about the a little bit too much presentation of 20. done auditioning again today for 10, 20. conclusion still exactly the same as last year.

to me it seems that the screw is bit too short as it's supposed to be when designed. had the screw been bit longer, reaching the base of the hinge, i guess it won't happen. if i manage to open the metal flip that cover the hinge screw, i guess it's fixable. all i need is finding a longer screw.

such a waste for the sine.

tested 872 today too, doesn't like it. too much pampered by audeze. hope the mobius is good.

They don’t have any available for replacement? Any idea why it is out of stock?

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #4,094 of 4,783
Hrm they just told me in early March to send in my previous pair for "inspection/repair/replacement", as there was a "loose yoke pin" issue with one of the sides (where the ear piece connects to the headband). I was wondering, having read a lot of this thread, whether in the long run the side with the defect was more likely to break. I ended up returning that pair back to vendor instead of sending it in (it was a demo unit, so already opened and tested, thus I didn't feel bad returning it) and got another, brand new unit instead. Thankfully the new headphone does not have this problem. But before deciding to return I asked whether repairing a possible future break would still be taken care of outside of warranty, and I was told that repair or replacement would happen while supplies last. Sounds like they were on their last pairs / parts then :frowning2: Sad.

What about SINE DX--isn't that using the same parts above the earpieces? That one is still in stock on Audeze site.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #4,095 of 4,783
Hrm they just told me in early March to send in my previous pair for "inspection/repair/replacement", as there was a "loose yoke pin" issue with one of the sides (where the ear piece connects to the headband). I was wondering, having read a lot of this thread, whether in the long run the side with the defect was more likely to break. I ended up returning that pair back to vendor instead of sending it in (it was a demo unit, so already opened and tested, thus I didn't feel bad returning it) and got another, brand new unit instead. Thankfully the new headphone does not have this problem. But before deciding to return I asked whether repairing a possible future break would still be taken care of outside of warranty, and I was told that repair or replacement would happen while supplies last. Sounds like they were on their last pairs / parts then :frowning2: Sad.

What about SINE DX--isn't that using the same parts above the earpieces? That one is still in stock on Audeze site.

I DO feel bad claiming warranty. after all, Audeze is a small company, they couldn't afford too many mistakes. AND they have family to feed. to us, it's toys, hobbies, to Audeze, it's their livelihood. not a good idea of listing all the known to me mistake they have made. :p mostly i guess not their faults, some could be because of suppliers. say for sine, i really reckon had the screw been just longer just as designed, the hinge shouldn't break.

and this pair is already replacement of the one with broken driver that i purchased when it's freshly released. I could already see the subtle improvement between the two pairs built i supposed at different periods.

maybe precisely because of all these mishaps, yep, my friend and I owned almost ALL of audeze at their different stages, and some unhappy misunderstandings dealing with their support. I DO feel that Audeze care about the customer A LOT. and they would honour their warranty. who on earth these days would have 3 years warranty?

with so many electronics and battery inside, i can understand why they changed the warranty of the mobius to ONE. I have high hope for it. I don't expect they deliver 100% if they manage to make good wireless headphones, that's already good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back