Audeze SINE Series
Apr 27, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #4,111 of 4,784
Awesome! Thanks for the vid. That helped me a bit.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #4,112 of 4,784
Going to sound like the broken record that is this thread...i adore the sound of these headphones but man do my ears hurt!

May 1, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #4,113 of 4,784
Am I the only one who can wear these for hours without discomfort?
Only thing is that I sometimes feel like they’re in danger of falling off my head, but that’s probably just me not being used to on-ears. Sometimes I fall asleep on the bus after nightshifts and the Sine still sits securely on my head when I wake up 30 minutes later.
My only complaint is that they’re a little heavy, but with the all leather and metal build it’s worth it imo.

May 1, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #4,114 of 4,784
Am I the only one who can wear these for hours without discomfort?
Only thing is that I sometimes feel like they’re in danger of falling off my head, but that’s probably just me not being used to on-ears. Sometimes I fall asleep on the bus after nightshifts and the Sine still sits securely on my head when I wake up 30 minutes later.
My only complaint is that they’re a little heavy, but with the all leather and metal build it’s worth it imo.

Do you where them a bit more foward with year ears sticking out the back?

May 1, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #4,116 of 4,784
I'm thinking if I could just keep stretching out the headband it would be a lot better but I'm also scared to break this thing. I didn't get them on sale...

May 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4,120 of 4,784
Cool, been stretching them out daily by the band and its gets better and better.

May 2, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #4,121 of 4,784
There are different chinese versions around, i don't expect them to be very different from the ones you linked in amazon but who knows... The link to the exact ones i bought is this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-Pads-F...276632?hash=item3af4a0b798:g:LBwAAOSwBLlVW1h~

I found difficult the fit of them on the Sine's, size is really adjusted to the headphone's shell (and thanks to that they stay secure on them). However if i, with the chicken's legs i have as hands, managed to do it, any other biped in this world should find it easy and entertaining.

Hope that your subjective impressions are coincident with mine, i find sound very similar to the original ones (subjective fact), but with better comfort (again subjective, now they are over ear, but little ones, so it will depend on the ears). They give me what i expected from the msr7 (pads w/o adapters that transform to over ear the sine's but still portable). I think that the key is that they don't have the fit problem with msr7's pads without adapters (objective fact, they fall again and again), and, i suppose that because of that, the problem of isolation (objective fact again, they clearly loose isolation in public spaces) and the associated leakage of bass and impact with it (let's leave this as a subjective fact, whoever knows what happens in the other's head).

Please share your impressions when you receive them!

Got my new Creative Aurvana Live ear pads finally from China. We have a winner! Sort of...

First impressions after 15 mins.:
Pros:
- They go on quite easily. Just start at the easy end (narrowest part of the triangle) and work your way around. If you haven't done a pad swap out yet (I've done it several times now) your results may vary
- They fit well enough. Slightly stretched out at the narrow triangle end, but that doesn't seem to be a problem
- Same sound. Same thickness as stock pads so no distancing effect like what happens with thicker pads. I cannot detect any difference in sound vs. stock pads
- They are round and just a little more open than stock. They just barely go AROUND my small ears vs. stock pads that go ON my ears
- Because they go AROUND your ears, you can't feel them pressing against your ears like the stock pads. Huge plus there

Cons:
- Big ears could result in ON your ears. Anyone with big ears will be taking a chance with these. Might be same as stock pads for them
- Don't expect super comfort. I have the HD6XX and these pads are nothing like that. Nothing like the Brainwavz either. They are thin like the stock pads, not plush or comfy
- You still get that relatively tight, closed-in feeling (which on the plus side I think shapes the sound - you don't want these headphones to stick out too far, they weren't designed for that, and they won't sound right [hence the poor impressions from Brainwavz type of thick pads])

Bottom line: I think these new pads will reduce the fatigue factor significantly, for a net cost of $12.99. No change in sound. No adapters required. Just don't expect a Porsche to get turned into a Cadillac

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078KTQ2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aurvana Pads.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #4,124 of 4,784
Does anyone use Fiio Q5 with the sine? Its a little bit expensive but its an all around dac/amp.

For now im using Fiio E10k and i want to make an upgrade on my dac/amp.

I liked Fiio because of the bass boost,already tried audioengine D3 and I didnt like it.

I can accept sugestions...but the dac/amp need to be portable because I use on my laptop and i use him on many places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back