Audeze SINE Series
Feb 21, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #3,286 of 4,775
Hi guy.. What would you consider a direct upgrade from the Audeze Sine? For the sound I'm satisfied enough, it quite holds up to some 1000$ open headphones I tried.. But the Sine is lacking in comfort. I need a closed headphone with great comfort and not too bulky. Thanks

Edit : If anyone has ever tried EL-8 (Open or Closed), how do they compare to the Sine?

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,287 of 4,775
Hi guy.. What would you consider a direct upgrade from the Audeze Sine? For the sound I'm satisfied enough, it quite holds up to some 1000$ open headphones I tried.. But the Sine is lacking in comfort. I need a closed headphone with great comfort and not too bulky. Thanks

Edit : If anyone has ever tried EL-8 (Open or Closed), how do they compare to the Sine?

Lacking in comfort how, exactly?

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #3,289 of 4,775

EL-8 Closed and Sine are very close imo. EL-8 Open blows it out of the water though. Different league altogether. 

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,293 of 4,775
For me the headphone gets uncomfortable after 1 or 2 hours because it presses against my ears.. Maybe it's because of the on ear design, nothing I can do about it. Soundwise it's really good.

Yes this is exactly why I asked! As Vesperaudio said, you have lots of options to fix this comfort problem! Remove the stock pads and try other, around the ear pads. It's one of the main topics for this thread.

EDIT: When I got my Sines, I listened for about an hour before trying the earpads from every other pair of headphones I have! Most didn't fit, but some did. And you can 3D print adapters to make larger ones fit. I personally prefer not to, as smaller around-ears give the best sound, IMO. I prefer the PSB M4U 1 pads

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,294 of 4,775
For me the headphone gets uncomfortable after 1 or 2 hours because it presses against my ears.. Maybe it's because of the on ear design, nothing I can do about it. Soundwise it's really good.

The MSR7 pads are quite good, but they change a little bit the sound signature, bass is not as punchy as the original over ears pads. The original pads are what produce the best sound but they are just not comfy at all!!! I'm still using them instead of my MSR7 just because of the sound that they produce...but can,t keep them more than 1-2 hours....

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3,296 of 4,775
  does anyone know where you can get a balanced cable for the sine that works with AK or fiio balanced connections?

I purchased one and noted back a few pages:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/793518/audeze-sine-series/3240#post_13253875

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #3,297 of 4,775
Yes this is exactly why I asked! As Vesperaudio said, you have lots of options to fix this comfort problem! Remove the stock pads and try other, around the ear pads. It's one of the main topics for this thread.

EDIT: When I got my Sines, I listened for about an hour before trying the earpads from every other pair of headphones I have! Most didn't fit, but some did. And you can 3D print adapters to make larger ones fit. I personally prefer not to, as smaller around-ears give the best sound, IMO. I prefer the PSB M4U 1 pads

Would you mind saying which earpads work with the Sine? I went back through the last few pages but didn't see anything other than the M4U pads mentioned. I just recently got a Sine and it sounds pretty good, but the comfort is about as bad as the Fostex T50rp MK3. I just don't understand why and how certain headphone companies put out headphones that are so uncomfortable to wear.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #3,298 of 4,775
Would you mind saying which earpads work with the Sine? I went back through the last few pages but didn't see anything other than the M4U pads mentioned. I just recently got a Sine and it sounds pretty good, but the comfort is about as bad as the Fostex T50rp MK3. I just don't understand why and how certain headphone companies put out headphones that are so uncomfortable to wear.

Oh agreed, there is a simply massive list of headphones where the manufacturer seemingly went out of their way to make them worse. In most cases, companies spent money to accomplish the task! At least Audeze gets a marketing boast for their trouble (the "first" "on-ear" planars) , but I can't imagine that bit scored more sales than the horribly uncomfortable design cost them.

Wait a second... Marketing seems to be calling the shots for a company once known for their superior engineering.... No it can't be.... Audeze, TELL ME YOU'RE NOT BECOMING BOSE!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #3,299 of 4,775
Anyone having problem with the sound cutting in and out? (original pads, non-iPhone cable). I think it might be happening to me at the cable connection, right side. Can't quite tell if it's the cable itself or the connection point. Or is it something to do with the pressure from the pad? When the sound cuts out, I fiddle with the cable and/or pull the pad away from my ear for a second and the sound comes back. Guess I need to nail this down and then contact Audeze.

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #3,300 of 4,775
  Anyone having problem with the sound cutting in and out? (original pads, non-iPhone cable). I think it might be happening to me at the cable connection, right side. Can't quite tell if it's the cable itself or the connection point. Or is it something to do with the pressure from the pad? When the sound cuts out, I fiddle with the cable and/or pull the pad away from my ear for a second and the sound comes back. Guess I need to nail this down and then contact Audeze.

It's the pressure of your ears on the drivers when the headband is extended almost to max and if your head is large (like mine is). When that happens, I assume that it presses on or warps the driver surface and causes a protection circuit to stop the signal. The workaround is then to fit it just so and then stay still or - replace the earpads with something stiffer or thicker so that your ears don't ever touch the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back