Audeze SINE Series
Mar 1, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3,303 of 4,783
Hey guys so comfort issue as well. I have had my Sines for a few weeks and I love them!Which ear pads do you guys recommend to replace the stock pads with and what seems to be the difference in adapters between vesperaudio / ninja / aspr??

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3,304 of 4,783

And a few fun ones:

They do look perfect sized,
But they don't look hardly any smaller than the Audio Technica msr7 pads:

I placed a nice insert from another pad into my pads.

Also,
I found the 3D printed adapters not as secure a seal, unless you use the round ones which I think look too big.

I need to try those "PSB M4U 1 pads".
They look good .
Also, the fake msr7 pads are very good too,
But I still need adapters and prefer the ninja adapters posted way back.
I will look into more pads like those .
For instance the Ultrasone ed8 pads..
Those need to be stuck on though.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #3,305 of 4,783
They do look perfect sized,
But they don't look hardly any smaller than the Audio Technica msr7 pads:

I placed a nice insert from another pad into my pads.

Also,
I found the 3D printed adapters not as secure a seal, unless you use the round ones which I think look too big.

I need to try those "PSB M4U 1 pads".
They look good .
Also, the fake msr7 pads are very good too,
But I still need adapters and prefer the ninja adapters posted way back.
I will look into more pads like those .
For instance the Ultrasone ed8 pads..
Those need to be stuck on though.

I still find that the fake MSR7 pads change the sound compare to the original pads. Sounds seems to be kind of ''far'', and bass less punchy. I'm still stuck with the original pads because of the nice sound but hate the confort!

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #3,306 of 4,783

I still find that the fake MSR7 pads change the sound compare to the original pads. Sounds seems to be kind of ''far'', and bass less punchy. I'm still stuck with the original pads because of the nice sound but hate the confort!

Same opinion, and i'd also add that they lose a lot of isolation without the original pads. I ended returning to them, my problem with comfort is only related with very long sessions (a problem i find with all my headphones). It's funny that every time a friend tries them says how comfortable they find them, they can't believe when i tell them that lot of people here hates it's on ear design. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #3,308 of 4,783
i'd also add that they lose a lot of isolation without the original pads.

Not true with the M4U 1 pads I'm using and recommending to everyone! They seal on both your ear and the headphone cups, so isolation is about on par with the stock pads. Perhaps a smidgen less, since the pad walls aren't as thick, but it's just about the same.

I'm really not exaggerating about how awesome these pads are. They don't even need an adapter!

I can't wait for someone else to try them and report back here!

--Rocket

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #3,309 of 4,783
It's the pressure of your ears on the drivers when the headband is extended almost to max and if your head is large (like mine is). When that happens, I assume that it presses on or warps the driver surface and causes a protection circuit to stop the signal. The workaround is then to fit it just so and then stay still or - replace the earpads with something stiffer or thicker so that your ears don't ever touch the drivers.

Not sure if joking? Because this is quite impossible. There's that cloth in the earpad, then a cm or two of magnetics and the fazor wave guides in front of the driver, and you're not getting past one, let alone both, to touch the driver. Even warping it out of shape can't happen without completely destroying the cans first.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #3,310 of 4,783
i'd also add that they lose a lot of isolation without the original pads.

Not true with the M4U 1 pads I'm using and recommending to everyone! They seal on both your ear and the headphone cups, so isolation is about on par with the stock pads. Perhaps a smidgen less, since the pad walls aren't as thick, but it's just about the same.

I'm really not exaggerating about how awesome these pads are. They don't even need an adapter!

I can't wait for someone else to try them and report back here!

--Rocket

Can't buy the pads anywhere.
Maybe try with Company only way.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #3,311 of 4,783
Not sure if joking? Because this is quite impossible. There's that cloth in the earpad, then a cm or two of magnetics and the fazor wave guides in front of the driver, and you're not getting past one, let alone both, to touch the driver. Even warping it out of shape can't happen without completely destroying the cans first.

It's not that much of a warp, probably just enough that it matters - there's not much clearance between the fluxor and the diaphragm film. If the inner grill was pressed inwards enough, they would touch I think.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #3,312 of 4,783
n
It's not that much of a warp, probably just enough that it matters - there's not much clearance between the fluxor and the diaphragm film. If the inner grill was pressed inwards enough, they would touch I think.

Maybe, but the cups are so rigid, what kind of force would cause that to happen? There's no force directly on the wave guides, and any torsion could only be caused by putting large amounts of force IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS on two points on the earcup. Again, how exactly do you imagine this happening? I can't imagine any normal use causing anything remotely similar

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,314 of 4,783
Okay so I read most of the end of this thread..

Vesper pads are the best? And don't need the adapter?

Over-Ear thick black leather + grey alcantara , memory foam, 2cm thick? (Memory foam seems like it'd be more comfy than the fast foam, and closer to the ear)

I have a pair of QC35 that I think I want to sell to get Sine's, but the on-ear stuff scares me.

Want to make sure I'd get it right the first time.

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #3,315 of 4,783
Make sure the inner diameter is larger than what they recommend,
or the pads will sit without usage like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back