Audeze SINE Series
Feb 14, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #3,256 of 4,783
Question, would the Sine fit flat in a Pelican 1170 case?

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #3,257 of 4,783
I'm listening to it right now through a Little Dot 1+ hybrid tube amp - it's sounding great with 800mw going into it @ 32ohms!

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #3,258 of 4,783
Should I buy the Oppo HA-2SE or the Astell & Kern AK jr. To go with my sines for mobile use?

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,259 of 4,783
Hi guys just got my Sine 3 days ago and I am in love. Coming from the Mad Dogs, these definitely need amping. Any recommendations for a portable amp or amp/dac combo in the 150-250$ range?? I am running them through an LG v10. Atm my pick is between DFR or Cayin c5, fiio e17/e18.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,260 of 4,783
Question, would the Sine fit flat in a Pelican 1170 case?

Based on the interior measurements of the  Pelican 1170 at 10.5" x 6" x 3" (rounded) I think it might be a bit tight in the 6" direction.  The inside edges of the cups may be pushed together enough to be problematic.  Very close, I think  within 3/8" to 1/2" of fitting well without having an 1170 to try.  The Audeze EL-8 case works great, that's what I have although it isn't as bulletproof as the Pelican cases.  I bought a Pelican 1010 to use with my iSine 20's so I can leave the ear hooks installed  and it works perfect.    

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #3,262 of 4,783
Can anyone compare the Sine on ears to the Kef M500 in comfort? How is the clamp of the Sine after breaking them in and a little bit of box stretching? Can they become comparable to the M500 in comfort?

Thanks!

The M500 has a very gentle clamp and super soft memory foam, so the Sines will seem clampy at first. They do break in a bit, and I have smallish ears so they are almost over ear for me. If they are on ear then you may feel differently.

If you like the M500 sound but want an upgrage try the Oppo PM-3. They are super comfortable over ears, and have a closer sound signature to the M500. I have all three, and I prefer the Sines for critical listening, the PM-3s for travel due to the isolation and efficiency, and the M500s are donated to my mother.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #3,263 of 4,783
Hi guys just got my Sine 3 days ago and I am in love. Coming from the Mad Dogs, these definitely need amping. Any recommendations for a portable amp or amp/dac combo in the 150-250$ range?? I am running them through an LG v10. Atm my pick is between DFR or Cayin c5, fiio e17/e18.

Before you buy anything, have you tricked your LG V10 into high impedance mode? I use a V20, and while there may be better amps out there, its damn good on its own once you do this.

Go to the LG V20 sound quality thread and have a look.

An easy way to get the external device mode (nearly as good) is to unplug the jack on your earpieces (right channel only works on my V20) before pluging in the V10. Then check the DAC mode in audio settings. You will get more output and should be better sound.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,264 of 4,783
The Sine does sounds good directly from an Iphone, but sounds better with the Cipher, even more better with a Mojo and then so magical out of a pure analog tube desktop headphone amp like the Mapletree Audio Design!!!

Annoyingly(to me) the cypher adds a small bass shelf boost. I wish that were optional, along with the soft clipping compresion.

Have you tried the iPhone 7 lightning adaptor? I found it better with the sines than the iPhone 6s. Maybe the lower output impedance helps.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #3,266 of 4,783
Annoyingly(to me) the cypher adds a small bass shelf boost. I wish that were optional, along with the soft clipping compresion.

Have you tried the iPhone 7 lightning adaptor? I found it better with the sines than the iPhone 6s. Maybe the lower output impedance helps.

No I haven't, I only tried the Cipher with Iphone 6. It's quite good seriously, I didn't expect that...but I much more prefer a stack like Shanling M1+Mojo+Sine. Or Sine in a high end desktop headlamp like my Mapletree Audio Design. But for max portability Iphone + Cipher is ok.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #3,267 of 4,783
If you are looking for tighter, controlled bass with good sub bass extension plus a little more sparkle with the highs, I would recommend AQ Dragonfly Red at $200.
I'd need it to be portable though and it seems the Dragonfly can only be used on a pc. But it is a very nice piece of gear :). I've decided im going for the Xduoo XD-05 as it will power the Sine far more than enough but i'm also going to swap the stock OP amp for the Burson V5i as many people say it improves the sound a good bit and beating out the Oppo HA-2 SE. I did get the chance to listen to it but in stock form and it really did impress me :)

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #3,268 of 4,783
The Dragonfly is hands-down the most portable DAC/amp out there - same footprint as a USB thumb-drive, and easily powered by a phone. You'll just need an apple camera-connector or a USB-C/micro-USB adapter for Android. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #3,270 of 4,783
I hate my gummy springy cable that gets in the way.
I don't have cipher cable,
Just plain one.
It's too fat and bulky.
I will be looking at replacement cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back