Audeze SINE Series
Feb 10, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #3,241 of 4,783
Gonna take a lot more money to do better than this: the Sine fed by Onkyo/Mojo combo. I think the secret's with the ability to adjust the filter and jitter. I've fed the Mojo with my iPhone with the same stuff and it's not as good. :yum::yum::yum:

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #3,242 of 4,783
Those of you who are looking for custom cables for you Sine, the choices are far and few between, but I got what I think are the best ones from headphonelounge.com (Ted Allen). I chose silver T2 cable and balanced 2.5mm connector. Here are the pics:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread/630#post_13253840

I am pairing the Sine with my AK380/AK Amp stack in balanced mode and sound is terrific! Overall I would say the sound is balanced with just a slight bump in the lower mids/upper bass. Sound stage is good for on ears. Tonality I would say is more organic and not analytical. Acoustics and vocals are outstanding.

An interesting note is that the cipher cable only draws about 50 mA and max 5V from the iPhone, yet plays with plenty of volume. On my AK amp, I have it on high gain and need the volume to be around 80 out of 150 to get to a good listening level. The AK amp maxes out at 8V so not sure how the cipher cable is able to produce the power that it does. Sound wise, cipher cable is good but pretty loose in the bass and harsh in the upper end. I used the EQ app to reduce those flaws and got a good sound. Of course the new balanced out of my AK stack take the Sines to an entirely new level and shows that Sines can scale up pretty well.

I never liked the Audeze house sound because I found the treble too laid back for my tastes (pre 2016 models) but the Sines are not typical of what I remember with the Audeze main line. The Sines pack very well for travel and are a great choice for portables. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my previous post, the sound isolation (external noise) is mediocre so that is the only criticism I can think of. Given the price, these should be high on the list for anyone looking for reasonably priced high end headphone. I also owned the Oppo PM3 and I would say it is far more neutral/balanced than the Sine, but it's a very dull, lifeless sound imho.

Overall, I will really enjoy the Sines when I want a break from my IEMs. I am also not ashamed to admit, that I look way cooler in public with the Sines on instead of my Laylas.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #3,243 of 4,783
Can anyone compare the Sine on ears to the Kef M500 in comfort? How is the clamp of the Sine after breaking them in and a little bit of box stretching? Can they become comparable to the M500 in comfort?

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #3,245 of 4,783
  Those of you who are looking for custom cables for you Sine, the choices are far and few between, but I got what I think are the best ones from headphonelounge.com (Ted Allen). I chose silver T2 cable and balanced 2.5mm connector. Here are the pics:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread/630#post_13253840

I am pairing the Sine with my AK380/AK Amp stack in balanced mode and sound is terrific! Overall I would say the sound is balanced with just a slight bump in the lower mids/upper bass. Sound stage is good for on ears. Tonality I would say is more organic and not analytical. Acoustics and vocals are outstanding.

An interesting note is that the cipher cable only draws about 50 mA and max 5V from the iPhone, yet plays with plenty of volume. On my AK amp, I have it on high gain and need the volume to be around 80 out of 150 to get to a good listening level. The AK amp maxes out at 8V so not sure how the cipher cable is able to produce the power that it does. Sound wise, cipher cable is good but pretty loose in the bass and harsh in the upper end. I used the EQ app to reduce those flaws and got a good sound. Of course the new balanced out of my AK stack take the Sines to an entirely new level and shows that Sines can scale up pretty well.

I never liked the Audeze house sound because I found the treble too laid back for my tastes (pre 2016 models) but the Sines are not typical of what I remember with the Audeze main line. The Sines pack very well for travel and are a great choice for portables. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my previous post, the sound isolation (external noise) is mediocre so that is the only criticism I can think of. Given the price, these should be high on the list for anyone looking for reasonably priced high end headphone. I also owned the Oppo PM3 and I would say it is far more neutral/balanced than the Sine, but it's a very dull, lifeless sound imho.

Overall, I will really enjoy the Sines when I want a break from my IEMs. I am also not ashamed to admit, that I look way cooler in public with the Sines on instead of my Laylas.

Wow, the  cable looks really nice.

I was looking a similar cable for my Sine to go with my DP-X1. Will definitely order one.

How much did u paid for urs? 

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,246 of 4,783
  Wow, the  cable looks really nice.

I was looking a similar cable for my Sine to go with my DP-X1. Will definitely order one.

How much did u paid for urs? 

Here is the pricing info:

https://headphonelounge.com/headphone-cables/

Best to send Ted an email for details on various options you want (sleeving, connector style, splitter, etc.) Prices are very reasonable considering the cable and custom build.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #3,247 of 4,783
Hello im just asking, but any recommendations on a portable amp under $400 Aud that can make the Sine shine? I want it to bring more details while driving them very well. My source is the HTC 10. I am currently looking at the XDuoo XD05, Oppo HA-2SE, Cayin C5, Aune B1 and Fiio A5. But if there's other amps in the market that you guys think would be better please let me know :). I want best bang for the buck and so far have my eyes on the XD05.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #3,248 of 4,783
Honestly, I find the Sine doesn't really benefit audibly from an amp. Unless your HTC 10 is just really anemic, I would probably not bother too much. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,249 of 4,783
Honestly, I find the Sine doesn't really benefit audibly from an amp. Unless your HTC 10 is just really anemic, I would probably not bother too much. 
When I listened to the Sine with my HTC 10 it was also paired up with my Shozy Magic, it sounded great but had to put my amp on half the volume as the amp really is made for iems. I heard the Dac on the XDuoo XD05 is really really good for the price. But now i'm confused as people say that the Sine need an amp to reach it's full potential and from my listening experience I feel that is the case. But I am also stuck between if I want the Sine or an iem.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3,250 of 4,783

Strangely, I do find the Sine sings a lot more when well amped. It sounds a mot more detailed and full with my Mojo...and even better when I use my Mojo in line-out thru my desktop tube headlamp Mapletree Audio Ear+....I think a good pair of hp always benefits when match with a good amp.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #3,251 of 4,783
Strangely, I do find the Sine sings a lot more when well amped. It sounds a mot more detailed and full with my Mojo...and even better when I use my Mojo in line-out thru my desktop tube headlamp Mapletree Audio Ear+....I think a good pair of hp always benefits when match with a good amp.
I agree, when I listened to the Sine just with my HTC 10 it sounded good but not great, but once I added my Shozy Magic I saw a glimpse if life :blush:. But then I went and tried it out with the Yamamoto Ha-02 and they really came to life. They sounded much more airy in the treble, the bass became more natural to my ears with a very very tight and quick bass that would rumble when the song called for it and the mid were so luscious.

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3,252 of 4,783
That has just been my experience. I have many headphones where an amp makes a big difference. I just didn't find the Sine to be one of them. YMMV.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,254 of 4,783
The Sine does sounds good directly from an Iphone, but sounds better with the Cipher, even more better with a Mojo and then so magical out of a pure analog tube desktop headphone amp like the Mapletree Audio Design!!!

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #3,255 of 4,783
Hello im just asking, but any recommendations on a portable amp under $400 Aud that can make the Sine shine? I want it to bring more details while driving them very well. My source is the HTC 10. I am currently looking at the XDuoo XD05, Oppo HA-2SE, Cayin C5, Aune B1 and Fiio A5. But if there's other amps in the market that you guys think would be better please let me know
smily_headphones1.gif
. I want best bang for the buck and so far have my eyes on the XD05.

If you are looking for tighter, controlled bass with good sub bass extension plus a little more sparkle with the highs, I would recommend AQ Dragonfly Red at $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back