Audeze SINE Series
May 25, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,249 of 4,782
May 26, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #1,251 of 4,782
  Would you buy these if somebody wanted to sell their pair to you for $100.00 off retail without a box or receipt??  Feedback please?

Probably not. Depending on where you're located and if you're looking for the cipher version or not, RazorDog has a returned standard cable pair for close to that price...with all the packaging and full warranty. If you're inclined to take the deal you're talking about, I'd email Audeze before you pull the trigger and see what the implications are for the warranty.

May 26, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,252 of 4,782

Probably not. Depending on where you're located and if you're looking for the cipher version or not, RazorDog has a returned standard cable pair for close to that price...with all the packaging and full warranty. If you're inclined to take the deal you're talking about, I'd email Audeze before you pull the trigger and see what the implications are for the warranty.

THANK YOU!!

May 26, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #1,253 of 4,782
ACID TEST

OK, I have had the Sines with Cipher cable for about a month now.    I have now put them to the ACID TEST, which is: even though they sound great, and don't crush my ears any more, DO I USE THEM?  This is the most important test of all.  I use them every day!  The fact that I can put them on, plug the cipher cable into my iPhone 6 and be immediately listening to music makes them my goto mobile rig.  Even though the Mojo SQ is better, I tend to use the Audeze Sines with Cipher far more often.  Convenience and simple carry trumps highest SQ from a chain of devices.  YMMV

May 26, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,254 of 4,782
  ACID TEST

OK, I have had the Sines with Cipher cable for about a month now.    I have now put them to the ACID TEST, which is: even though they sound great, and don't crush my ears any more, DO I USE THEM?  This is the most important test of all.  I use them every day!  The fact that I can put them on, plug the cipher cable into my iPhone 6 and be immediately listening to music makes them my goto mobile rig.  Even though the Mojo SQ is better, I tend to use the Audeze Sines with Cipher far more often.  Convenience and simple carry trumps highest SQ from a chain of devices.  YMMV

+1

I use my iPod Touch 6th Gen --> Sine + Cipher --> all via Onkyo HF Player, every night when I take the dogs out for a walk. It just takes a few seconds to get connected and up and running, and it's SO much better to put the phone in my pocket than trying to lug around a strapped-together-brick. Plus, it sounds outstanding, and this is honestly my best music-listening time of the day. I'm well past the honeymoon phase now where I typically start to notice warts w/ other headphones and combos, so I can tell this love affair will last.

It truly is a remarkable set of headphones, and if you're an Apple guy like me, the Cipher is a definitive must-have.

May 26, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,255 of 4,782
Two weeks in and I am absolutely loving my Sines, to the extent that my Noble K10's are having to take a back seat at the moment. Together with my ZX2 and Mojo I am now content with the sound. Going on a trip to Rome in 10 days time and wish I could take the Sines with me but that would mean more expense for a decent case to transport them in and another cable to connect the ZX2 to the Mojo. Oh well they will still be there when I get home!

May 26, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,256 of 4,782
  Ended up sending that case back and have been using the Audeze EL-8 travel case, which has been working very well. Cheers 

@mscott58 - why did you return it?  Looks great in the photos, and I was going to order it for my Sine (which should arrive tomorrow...)!

May 26, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #1,258 of 4,782

@mscott58 - why did you return it?  Looks great in the photos, and I was going to order it for my Sine (which should arrive tomorrow...)!

That case is great actually. The only reason you'd want the EL-8 portable case from the website is that you prefer the Audeze branding on it. The EL-8 case does look good.
Otherwise the other case on Amazon fits the Sine and it's cables very well.

May 26, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #1,259 of 4,782
I opted for the EL8 case strictly because I knew for a fact I could fit the headphones in there and leave the cables connected. I wasn't positive if that would work with the other case, or if I'd constantly have to disconnect/reconnect the cables.

May 26, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #1,260 of 4,782
@mscott58
 - why did you return it?  Looks great in the photos, and I was going to order it for my Sine (which should arrive tomorrow...)!

I liked the EL-8 travel case better. Fits well and I like the handle and Audeze logo. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back