Audeze SINE Series
May 19, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,216 of 4,785
Hello once more,
I have the v-moda xs now and was wondering if someone could do a direct comparison between this headphone and the sine? I understand that the sine is a lot better but a bit more detail would  be interesting.
The seme goes for the meze 99 classic. I have not owned this one but read some interesting comments about its sound quality.
I was also wondering if anyone has tested the sine with the cypher versus the chord mojo and what the conclusion is here. Furthermore I was wondering if you can use the cipher in combination with a macbook?
Thanks in advance for any info,
Greetings, Anouk,

I've got the Sine and the original M80 V-moda.  The XS replaced the original M80 on the Innerfidelity wall of fame, but I've never heard the XS in person.  I will say that the Sine is a better headphone, but the XS is easier to drive from a smartphone.  This extra volume you can achieve directly from a phone makes the XS more of a true portable headphone in my opinion.  I wouldn't try to use the MOJO for the SINE.  I've heard people comment that the amp section of the MOJO needs more power for higher end planar magnetic full size headphones, but is perfect for IEMs.  The DAC section of the MOJO is really great however.  I'm trying to decide what AMP/DAC or DAP to buy for my Sines.

May 19, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,220 of 4,785
Good to hear that the Mojo works well with the SINE.  I was just reading what someone else wrote about the Mojo, and took their word for it.  I personally use a desktop Parasound Zdac and wish the headphones could go louder.

May 19, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,221 of 4,785
  Good to hear that the Mojo works well with the SINE.  I was just reading what someone else wrote about the Mojo, and took their word for it.  I personally use a desktop Parasound Zdac and wish the headphones could go louder.

Totally agree with @gonzfi - the Mojo powers the SINE's just fine. Heck, the Mojo can power my LCD-3F's. Now the Mojo sounds even better if you hook it to a really good amp like the Cavalli LC or the ALO CDM, but that's only for refinement and if you're looking to run up the merry-go-round that is this hobby. Cheers 

May 19, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,222 of 4,785
 Normally I am at a quarter volume with the cypher cable rarely I go above 40 percent of volume.  I am really satisfied, and to be honest I have piece of mind that I have solid sound coming of my iPhone. No worries about amps/DACs etc.  But I am still planning to get a dragonfly with cck to the gym to drive my iems. lol can't help it.  I took the Sines to the gym a couple days but don't want to ruin them with sweat.  

Yes, better...
dt880smile.png

Cipher cable is a great invention. I have also Titanium and is awesome with Cipher

regards

Sisco

Hey Sisco, really nice to see you around here, mate!!

:D

May 19, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #1,223 of 4,785
Err that's nonsense. Mojo drives sine beautifully and with room to spare. Great combo.

This ^ Mojo is one of the most powerful portable amps out, can drive almost anything. 

May 19, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #1,224 of 4,785

Then you will eventually need to upgrade the ZDAC, or at least add a seperate amp to add to the ZDAC, as the ZDAC amp section is just not powering the Sine drivers well enough. The Sine drivers look to be half the size of the EL-8 open/closed drivers, so YMMV in finding a new amp, but remember that they are still Audeze planar-magnetic drivers and the price tag did reflect it.

Edit: Your ZDAC has balanced outputs on it, so check this amp out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YV0ZAPU/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41Q5lBrDLML&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL130_SR130%2C74_&refRID=1MBFAMMAM08EEC5SPJMJ

May 20, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #1,226 of 4,785
The quantity could potentially fog up the transient response. Fast, giant bass isn't super common.

This.

The boosted or rolled off bass alters the phase and group delay. It makes it more noticable because it arrives differently.

It doesn't show up in response curves, and the impulse responses often published concentrate on the higher frequencies.

May 20, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #1,227 of 4,785
Err that's nonsense. Mojo drives sine beautifully and with room to spare. Great combo.

Yeah, the Mojo isn't my favorite small DAC/amp, but it does easily drive the Sine. That was just FUD.

May 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #1,228 of 4,785
I had been debating on which portable dac/amp or dap to buy for the Sine headphones.  I'm glad I posted what I had heard about the Mojo not being powerful enough for full size headphones, since the follow up posts here led me to investigate further and ultimately make a Mojo purchase from Moon Audio.  I almost purchased the iFI micro iDSD more than once.  Since Chord isn't finished yet with product development and add-ons for the Mojo, I think I'll be happy.  Thanks guys!

May 20, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,229 of 4,785
My FiiO E12A drives the SINE in low-gain mode fairly well.

May 23, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #1,230 of 4,785
  Hello again,
The SINE is really expensive here in the netherlands (eu) does Audeze or any other dealer ship internationally? I certainly want to get the cypher versin.
Anyone want to share the eq settinngs they use?
Greetings, Anouk,

Good luck buying outside of the EU. I've done it several times already (Belgium) but in the end you just end up with +21% VAT + 3% import tax + 1% Fee which makes it 25% more expensive than your US price.
So in the end you wind up paying just as much as in a local shop. And the advantage is you get local customer service if something should be wrong (no shipping to US)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back