Audeze SINE Series
May 27, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,261 of 4,785
My case is always hidden in my backpack. No one will ever see it XD.

I was walking at the park yesterday and there was this guy with the black beats headphones. Three guys ran past me and ripped the headphones off his head and took off.

The low profile Sines probably saved me there :p. He called police and then I gave them information on what they looked like.

May 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #1,262 of 4,785
Hi! i have the sine headphones and a new nexus 6p. i get most of my music from tidal - it's plenty loud but I think im missing some clarity i was thinking of getting a DAC /amp but I'm waiting for a portable one that uses USB C - rather than requiring an extra cord. do you have any suggestions for getting more out of the system?

May 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #1,263 of 4,785
My case is always hidden in my backpack. No one will ever see it XD.

I was walking at the park yesterday and there was this guy with the black beats headphones. Three guys ran past me and ripped the headphones off his head and took off.

The low profile Sines probably saved me there
tongue.gif
. He called police and then I gave them information on what they looked like.

Wow, that is quite a story, glad you are OK.

I can see the headlines already:    HERO SINES SAVE WOMAN

May 27, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #1,264 of 4,785

May 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,265 of 4,785
Wow, that is quite a story, glad you are OK.

I can see the headlines already:    HERO SINES SAVE WOMAN

Yeah, I guess people like headphones and willing to steal well known brands.

Also I wonder if Audeze would ever make more comfortable earpads. The ones currently are painful after a couple to few hours even after headband bending.

May 27, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,266 of 4,785
Well, i finally found some ear pads that fit the Sine, I got them from an old pair of Marshall Monitors............more bass, less treble, not muddy treble but not noticeably smoother either. Soundstage is bigger and a bit more ambience and space, probably because the pads are a bit thicker. Maybe the word I want to use is a bit more "magical" sound. Definitely less digital sounding. Of course i didn't notice that the Sine was slightly digital sounding until i switched the pads and nobody else would probably think so either. 

Even though the pads are thicker I don't think it's more comfortable, in fact i think it's a bit less comfortable. 

Another complaint I have is I think they're kind of ugly-definitely not as stylish as the stock pads.

If you want Marshall Monitor pads you can get them from Marshall's site for about $20:

https://www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_us_en/accessories/monitor-ear-cushion

May 27, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,268 of 4,785
No. You just take the pads off the Marshall frames, then put them on the Sine. 

May 29, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,269 of 4,785
I opted for the EL8 case strictly because I knew for a fact I could fit the headphones in there and leave the cables connected. I wasn't positive if that would work with the other case, or if I'd constantly have to disconnect/reconnect the cables.

Can someone please confirm whether the case from Amazon allows the cable to stay connected, or would I have to disconnect it every single time?

Thanks!

May 29, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #1,272 of 4,785
Looks like a tight fit though, I wouldn't trust it-a few too many bumps and you could get shorts

May 29, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #1,274 of 4,785

It is able to fit and close in the amazon case with the cable on:

Could someone kindly post photo(s) of the Sine in the EL-8 case (preferably with the cable still attached to the cans)?
Is there a separator between the cans (like in the Amazon case) to protect the cans from scratching / denting each other?

I want to order a case, and cannot decide between those 2 cases... could not care less about the logo on the outside  :wink:
Just want to make sure it is a good fit, with cable connected, and not too huge...

Thanks in advance!

Zachi.

May 29, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,275 of 4,785

And the spacer that comes for the EL-8's works well if repositioned to keep the ear cups from touching. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back