Audeze SINE Series
Apr 14, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #796 of 4,782
Can you recommend any tube amp and tubes that can bring up the low end? Have you tried any with the Sine?

I have the Woo Audio 7 with stock tubes and default Solid State PSU and I just didn't found it "bassy" enough.
I'm not such a big EQ fan but with the sine and my DP-X1/Mojo I end up pushing a little bit the bass around the 48Hz area.
So far, for me, from the amps I tried, best is Chord Mojo for it's clean sound and bags of power.

If you want to try a tube amp, I would go for Schiit Audio's Lyr 2. I would use current production Genalex Gold Lions, which have really nice bass.:)

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #797 of 4,782
Guys, I think that a tube amp will be overkill with the SINE
wink.gif

Something like the HA-2 or the Mojo will be more than enough.

Cheers

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #798 of 4,782
Tubes are more about tonality than anything else. A properly setup tube amp could help reign in the top octave of treble as some users have noted a desire for.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #799 of 4,782
When I push one of my ear cups towards my head I can feel the increase in pressure, then the sound level in that cups drops to near zero. If I hold it there I can feel the pressure slowly lower and the sound slowly returns back to normal. Any ideas what that is about? Is the pressure hampering the driver?

Also, I find that smiling actually makes the headphone sound louder - I must have some anatomical weirdness that is opening up when I smile I guess....

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #801 of 4,782
  Work fine on the plane - have done it a number of times myself already. 

If you are going to be traveling with them probably better to be safe then sorry regarding the case. I've ordered the case from Amazon that was recommended earlier, as it will likely protect the SINEs better than the soft pouch they come in. 

http://www.amazon.com/MDR-XB950AP-MDR-XB950BT-MDR-ZX750BN-Around-Ear-headphones/dp/B00U3QPJZW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Cheers 

Havn't tried airplane but I tried a couple of loud places and when you crank up a little volume it works great.
Isolation on these is not perfect, sound comes in and leaks a tiny little out, but the person next to you doesn't really feel it. But once you turn up the volume is ok!

Thanks guys!

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #802 of 4,782

Can you recommend any tube amp and tubes that can bring up the low end? Have you tried any with the Sine?

I have the Woo Audio 7 with stock tubes and default Solid State PSU and I just didn't found it "bassy" enough.
I'm not such a big EQ fan but with the sine and my DP-X1/Mojo I end up pushing a little bit the bass around the 48Hz area.
So far, for me, from the amps I tried, best is Chord Mojo for it's clean sound and bags of power.

Sorry, right now I'm also investigating tubes etc. I have to sell out some of my gear if I get Sine.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #803 of 4,782
After a few days of listening I've got to say that these things are phenomenal. I actually prefer them to the X's, even straight out of my macbook pro, for certain types of music (so far this includes Jazz, Blues, and some Alternative Rock). The mids are so much more forward than on the X's. The highs are a little harsher and more fatiguing than on the X's though. I enjoy the stratospheric soundstage on the X's, but sometimes the more intimate sound is preferred. The Sine are going to teach me a lot about the music I listen to, and about the hobby on a larger scale.

I would not be unhappy if these were my only cans. I am thankful to be able to own the pair, though. They do completely different things and sound fantastic in their own rights. I am in awe. 
redface.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #804 of 4,782
Hi @Kiwikat

Congrats on your purchase, it seems you've made a very good choice. :)

I noticed you also have the HD25's, would you mind comparing the two a bit? I realise the SINEs should play in another league, but sound signature wise I'm very interested in the differences/improvements. Especially with (extreme) metal. 

Cheers,

Emiel

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #805 of 4,782
I'm looking for a portable headphone amp/dac that can drive the Sine headphones as well as an option to drive more expensive full size "flagship" headphones later on.

I've heard that the Micro iDSD has a monster amp section.

I've heard that the Mojo has a better DAC, but is more suitable for IEMs or easier driven full size headphones.  

The Mojo isn't really meant to drive flagship planar magnetic cans.

At least with the iDSD you have the option.

Am I on the right track if I want the option of using flagship full size headphones in a portable rig in the future?

Does anybody have any other powerful portable headphone DAC/AMP ideas?

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #806 of 4,782
I am very impressed how open and spacious these sound. For an on-ear, there is a level of space for the instruments that is on par with a decent around ear. Certainly a lot better than the pm3.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #808 of 4,782
I also agree the guys love power.  Out of my mojo they are at the same level (even a bit higher) than I listen with my LCD2!

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #809 of 4,782
I doubt it will beat the Sine in anyway, but it is interesting that HFM now has a $199 portable. Actually, I'm just thinking I'm not even positive it is a planar, I think I should check and see if it is.

Just checked, it is now $249, and it is dynamic so not comparable per say. Too bad, a small portable HFM planar would be interesting.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #810 of 4,782

Users who are viewing this thread

Back