Audeze SINE Series
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #766 of 4,785
I hear you, but for me, and just for me, I typically consider rock or metal mostly composed of actual people playing physical instruments, it is techno to me in all of it's many flavours if one person can make it on a computer using samples.

There's a LOT of actual instrument playing in NIN tracks (the vast majority of what you hear in fact). It's just that it's usually heavily distorted and not easily recognisable as the instrument in question. There's a lot more guitar than you're initially aware of but Trent is very good at pushing the envelope and getting a guitar to sound weird as hell. Even the synths are actually played using a keyboard and programmed to incoporate speed and pressure so for all intents and purposes are just as soulful as a piano and only the most foolish purist would consider it otherwise. Incidentally, and actual piano is used rather a lot in his tracks as he's a classically trained pianist. Even when techno like percussion is used an actual drum kit with a midi interface is being used, again programmed with things like speed/attack etc. Most of what is done on computer is effects and post processing. So yeah his rock tracks are rock and his metal tracks are metal. The fact that some his tracks are electronica doesn't change the fact that his other tracks aren't.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #767 of 4,785
  The DP-X1 is very nice, hopefully it will satisfy your needs. I paired it with a PM3 and thought the combination had great synergy so it is reasonable to expect the Sine will also do well with it.

Grt m really hoping for  the Sine to  go well with the X1 .

Also, any clue on how to get a balanced cable to the Sine's?

I checked with Audeze and they said that they have no plans to make one right now. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #768 of 4,785

I checked with Audeze and they said that they have no plans to make one right now. 

Member Peterek may be able to make you one

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #769 of 4,785

PETEREK made me a balanced cable for my PM3, but I'm not sure with the Sine's cup connections if that is at all a concern. Maybe it isn't, I've just not seen any pictures of how they look.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #771 of 4,785
Try the OPPO HA-2. I personally use that combo and it is great. The HA-2 has more than enough power to drive the SINE. I love the way it feels and it is the perfect size/weight to strap onto a phone. I also have a Mojo, and while that is certainly better, it is not portable with a Samsung phone given its chunky size. The HA-2 is very thin, and is a similar size to my S7, so it is great to carry around. I understand why people would want a DAP, but since I mainly stream on Tidal, it is easier for me to just get a DAC/AMP and play off my phone.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #772 of 4,785

Try the OPPO HA-2. I personally use that combo and it is great. The HA-2 has more than enough power to drive the SINE. I love the way it feels and it is the perfect size/weight to strap onto a phone. I also have a Mojo, and while that is certainly better, it is not portable with a Samsung phone given its chunky size. The HA-2 is very thin, and is a similar size to my S7, so it is great to carry around. I understand why people would want a DAP, but since I mainly stream on Tidal, it is easier for me to just get a DAC/AMP and play off my phone.

The DP-X1 is excellent with Tidal and should have more than enough power for any true portable, and balanced could even drive my 400i quite well I thought.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #774 of 4,785
Anybody else having trouble with the lightening port on their phone after extended use of the cipher cable? I have to jiggle my lightening cable now just to get it to charge, and the cipher cable cuts out too often to be usable because of intermittent contact problems with the phone's connector/port. Still kicks butt on the iPad though.

*** Oops, never mind. Just pulled a ton of lint out of the connector and now all is good!

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #776 of 4,785
*** Oops, never mind. Just pulled a ton of lint out of the connector and now all is good!

Dude, you have got to clean those pockets more often.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #778 of 4,785

I have the DP-X1. It is fantastic with the Sine. I normally turn on the EQ and add a minimal bass boost which to me sounds very very nice. I think the EQ filters are very good, better than iTunes.
I'm also digging that balanced cable as the DP-X1 will output more power as balanced and the sine just loves power.
  Any thoughts on how you think they'll do during airplane travel?

Will mostly use at home and on the plane if i decide to buy.

Havn't tried airplane but I tried a couple of loud places and when you crank up a little volume it works great.
Isolation on these is not perfect, sound comes in and leaks a tiny little out, but the person next to you doesn't really feel it. But once you turn up the volume is ok!

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #780 of 4,785
The cable angle is not a problem- Double helix already made a cable for Sine.

Awesome. I was already looking into getting a balanced cable. I saw tiered copper and silver options, but nothing specific for Sine. Link please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back