Audeze SINE Series
Jun 12, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #1,441 of 4,785
its a shame theres no alternative for android users, replacing the lightning end with a mirco usb otg for example. i think it would sell just as well.
Android users can actually use REAL USB DACs, and not a tiny ass chip housed in a cable.

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #1,442 of 4,785
Jun 13, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,444 of 4,785
anyone on here compare the sines to the sony mdr 7520s?
i have those...have a supposed mid bass hump but quite detailed and balanced.
...so am looking at something as an alternative

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #1,445 of 4,785
Wow.. I was assuming they wouldn't sell the separate cipher cable for $50 but $150 feels like they're gouging their existing customer base ... i do suspect there's some sort of Apple influence in all of this though

in Italy the price difference between the headset sine without cable and the cable is exactly 150 euro ...!!!

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,446 of 4,785
Currently using a pair of AKG K3003 at work, would you guys say these are a big upgrade from what I have?
Straight out of a Macbook at the moment.

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,448 of 4,785

Work is much more fun with the Sine and Mojo!

if only i could afford the sine, i only have mojo with hd650 now

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,449 of 4,785
question guys... (to the sine owners)
how was the natural timbre of vocals and instruments on this headphone?
does it really sound natural or artificial? i mean... is there a good timbre to the sound of the sine?

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,450 of 4,785
  if only i could afford the sine, i only have mojo with hd650 now

I'm sure the HD-650 sounds great.
beerchug.gif
The HD-650 and my Hifiman 560 have been my go to headphones.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #1,452 of 4,785
  question guys... (to the sine owners)
how was the natural timbre of vocals and instruments on this headphone?
does it really sound natural or artificial? i mean... is there a good timbre to the sound of the sine?

I find it very natural sounding. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,453 of 4,785
Android users can actually use REAL USB DACs, and not a tiny ass chip housed in a cable.

Dude, the size doesn't matter as much as people may think. I switched to Bluetooth (portable and sometimes home) recently and I'm extremely pleased with it and those are small DACs and amps. I think many people greatly overestimate how large components need to be. I'm an Android user by the way myself.

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,454 of 4,785
  Dude, the size doesn't matter as much as people may think. I switched to Bluetooth (portable and sometimes home) recently and I'm extremely pleased with it and those are small DACs and amps. I think many people greatly overestimate how large components need to be. I'm an Android user by the way myself.

Yes, when we're comparing decades-old solid state electronics to current electronics, you're going to encounter some major inefficiencies in size. What I'm referring to is comparing the Cypher cable vs. a FiiO E18 or Sound Blaster E5, something like that - unless Moore's law took off over the past year or so, you're not going to get something that flat-out outperforms something the size of a Chord Mojo fit the form factor of... a volume adjustment remote.

I think a lot of the ZOMG behind the Cypher is that Apple users finally have an "external DAC" for their oppressive devices, even though the real estate of this "external DAC" rivals the real estate of the phone's internal DAC. If this came to Android first, I don't think anybody would care.

Which is so "Apple", too - let's market something that's been around for years as the second coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back