Audeze SINE Series
Jun 10, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,427 of 4,786
I think an interesting comparison would be between the Sine and the ATH-M50x. I can't find one yet. I've seen comparisons between the Oppo PM3 and the ATH. The ATH was considered more dynamic - V shaped - but sloppy and has less clarity. So...if the Sine is more dynamic than the Oppo PM3, is it the better upgrade for an ATH owner who wants a similar V shape sound and bass impact, but with better clarity and other benefits? Sounds like it. Maybe that will be me!

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,428 of 4,786
  I think an interesting comparison would be between the Sine and the ATH-M50x. I can't find one yet. I've seen comparisons between the Oppo PM3 and the ATH. The ATH was considered more dynamic - V shaped - but sloppy and has less clarity. So...if the Sine is more dynamic than the Oppo PM3, is it the better upgrade for an ATH owner who wants a similar V shape sound and bass impact, but with better clarity and other benefits? Sounds like it. Maybe that will be me!

I currently have both M50 and Sine. M50 high is brighter and mid more forward compared to Sine, in bass department M50 hit harder, deeper but sloppier. After purchasing and using SHP9500 and Sine for a couple of weeks, I couldn't enjoy M50 anymore, it's listed on local CL currently.
Hope this help.

Jun 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #1,429 of 4,786
  The Cypher cable with the Sine has cured me of any desire to have a portable DAC to pair with my iPhone. I also now do not have to worry about Apple dropping the headphone jack on the newer iphones, although I do play a lot of music from the headphone jack in my car, guess I might still need a portable DAC for it after all.
angry_face.gif

its a shame theres no alternative for android users, replacing the lightning end with a mirco usb otg for example. i think it would sell just as well.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,432 of 4,786
Forzaaudioworks is another company mentioned in the forums and I asked them about Sine lightning cables. They have some pretty darn cool looking stuff and were recommended by another forum contributor. They're not doing Sine Lightning yet, but they expect to when iPhone 7 specs are confirmed or after iPhone 7 launch. I didn't ask about regular Sine, but they might be able to do that. Longer length premium cable might be kind of pricey. The transparent black "Claire" model is so cool looking. You can email them they seem very friendly and accommodating. I could tell I wasn't the first to ask about Sine. They know there's some buzz.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,433 of 4,786
It's coming as well for android. Motorola will have USB type C only on their next Moto Z.

Would have been easy enough to develop for a more standard plug like a micro b.

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #1,434 of 4,786
Wow.. I was assuming they wouldn't sell the separate cipher cable for $50 but $150 feels like they're gouging their existing customer base ... i do suspect there's some sort of Apple influence in all of this though

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,435 of 4,786
Wow.. I was assuming they wouldn't sell the separate cipher cable for $50 but $150 feels like they're gouging their existing customer base ... i do suspect there's some sort of Apple influence in all of this though

I got my Cipher Cable for $49.99 from Moon Audio.

Really, the cable is not that big of an upgrade from the normal one..............

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,438 of 4,786
USB type C is new USB standard. You will see more and more phones and computer using this type C even on mac.

Yes, but so far there are very few devices that use it. Wouldn't make sense to use that yet, imo. 

At $150, if that is where the new price lands, you are almost to where it makes sense to buy a dragonfly red and not worry about it.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,439 of 4,786
Apologies if this has already been posted ...

A word of warning to anyone thinking of buying the standard set of Sines and picking up the Cipher cable later... go for the Cipher version if you have any thought on wanting to take advantage of one ...

The response frame Audeze customer services following a request to ask how I could get hold of just the Cipher cable itself ... looks like it's Apple being overly controlling of the retail experience ... grrrrr.

Hi Martin

Thank you for contacting us and for buying a pair of Sines. The Lightning Cable is currently available only with the headphones but will hopefully be available for purchase as an accessory in 6 months or so. The cable will be offered on our website as soon as it's available (price is still TBD), and should ship to dealers shortly afterwards. The delay is due to Apple's reluctance to let us sell it separately, but we hope they'll agree within the next few months.

Thanks for your patience and Best Regards,

This was discussed earlier in the thread - Apple's agreement with Audeze to feature the Sine in the Apple retail space means Cipher cable is allocated to Sine + Cipher bundle first. Even the packaging is different on the outside. For anyone still in the return window you could return your Sine and purchase from Apple instead. They seem to be in stock with 2-day delivery.

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,440 of 4,786

Well after weeks of a no show for the Sine-Cipher cable combo at my dealer I gave up and just got the Non-Cipher cabled Sine. I didn't know that Apple had them, I should have checked,

In the end I got a Chord Mojo and I and loving this pair. I also get to use it with my other headphones. While not as compact as the Cipher, the Mojo is small enough to make it into my messenger bag with the Sine. My only problem now is limiting myself to listening at work. They sound so good I'm afraid I won't be as productive 
L3000.gif

I'll be at the SFO meet, I'll bring them along and a few other headphones if I've got the room in my backpack. Now I need to find a portable solution for my AIFF files. Right now I'm using my iPhone and iPad Pro 9.7 for on the road. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back