Audeze SINE Series
Jun 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,400 of 4,790

And according to him Audeze has better isolation than oppo, interesting...

Slightly...but yes, it was a bit better. 
redface.gif

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #1,402 of 4,790
  Strange... That doesn't match Tyll's measurements.

Different head...plus measuring isolation can be a bit tricky. I was commenting primarily on background television noise and my A/C (which is a good gauge for airplane noise).

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #1,404 of 4,790
No, not that I am aware. Nor even mac computer users. The Cipher cable is idevice only (iphone/ipad newest generation). Which is why I opted not to bother with that version...and just got the regular cable.

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #1,406 of 4,790
The lightning cable and the normal cable both come with sine if you opt for the cipher version. 3 guys so far on the EL-8 thread have commented that the cipher sounds almost exactly like the regular cable and I find pretty much the same with my Sine

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #1,407 of 4,790
Actually I was hoping that I won't have to buy a new DAC just to listen to my music on my work laptop, which has horrible sound in comparison to quality amp/DACs. I could bring the micro DSD to listen to the Audeze at work but that would be too cumbersome and my laptop was already near 2.5kg/5.5 pounds

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #1,408 of 4,790
  Actually I was hoping that I won't have to buy a new DAC just to listen to my music on my work laptop, which has horrible sound in comparison to quality amp/DACs. I could bring the micro DSD to listen to the Audeze at work but that would be too cumbersome and my laptop was already near 2.5kg/5.5 pounds

What about something like the GeekOut, or Dragonfly?

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #1,409 of 4,790
Just got my Sine sans Cipher a few minutes ago. Charging up the Chord Mojo, so I ca'tn use them together yet. So far using my iPhone and headphone port on the iMac I can say that Paul Simon's Stranger to Stranger album (streaming iTunes) sounds great. Beth Orton's "Kidsticks"bass does not make my eardrums "wiggle" as much as my B&O H6 second generation. That was via my iPad which I forgot to bring with me today to test that out. Maybe the Mojo will tell a different story to my ears!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sound isolation is good. My smallish ears fit in the cups almost like circumaural headphones. Weight is a little more than I expected for a portable, but not too bad at all. Clamping force is just right for me without adjustment.

I definitely like these better than the PM-3s that I returned. Better sound, better fit and slightly nicer quality. Wish I had the Cipher cable to test too, but I got tired of waiting for the Sine/Cipher combo.

Does Audeze offer a longer regular cable? Does anyone make longer/fancier cables for the Sine yet?

Anyone using the Sine with the Mojo? If so how do you carry this gear?

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,410 of 4,790
I definitely like these better than the PM-3s that I returned.

I too had the PM-3 before discovering Sine.

I thought that the PM-3 unamped was good, and amped was "gooder".

I think the Sine unamped is good, and amped is "great".

Everything truly comes alive...bass comes through...musicality/fun if off the charts...everything is great. You'll be blown away once you run it through Mojo (and even when you ultimately get your hands on Cipher).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back