Audeze SINE Series
May 10, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #3,496 of 4,785
Yup I snapped my headband recently and have no warranty since I bought second hand and now I have ninjas adapters and msr7 pads and I am about to do a permanent hotfix to keep the headphones llfrom being complete trash.
You need to still contact Audeze and explain situation to see if they can help you regardless.
This is not supposed to happen and for me is a design issue.

Where is the weak point for the Sine
It is on both sides, at midpoint between the middle and bottom of headband..

There is a plastic connection to the rest of band inside.
So be gentle when stretching and lifting your headphones off your head...

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #3,502 of 4,785
May 16, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #3,503 of 4,785
May 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,504 of 4,785
gold plated or silver plated cable better idea? want to build for both sine and isine 10.

Couldn't say, but I have read multiple times that in order of conductance... Silver is #1, followed by Copper and then by Gold. So... I'd say with Gold... you are paying for the looks.

May 16, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #3,505 of 4,785
Couldn't say, but I have read multiple times that in order of conductance... Silver is #1, followed by Copper and then by Gold. So... I'd say with Gold... you are paying for the looks.

has ordered gold plated cable for kz zs5. see how it goes for that. oh btw, kz zs5 should be cheaper than the custom cable for isine/sine.

thank you.

just wondering if custom cable would be too heavy for isine to stay in ears

May 16, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #3,506 of 4,785
has ordered gold plated cable for kz zs5. see how it goes for that. oh btw, kz zs5 should be cheaper than the custom cable for isine/sine.

thank you.

just wondering if custom cable would be too heavy for isine to stay in ears

The KZ ZS5 look interesting as well.

May 17, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #3,507 of 4,785
I want to try one of the iSine iem's

May 19, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,510 of 4,785
This has been a very helpful thread for me, and I've worked through it many times while trying to find a portable that fits my needs. New member and just wanted to thank everyone for their insight.

I've been working through the process of a pad swap to make these over-ear and have stumbled onto a pad combo that, to my ears, retains all the tonality of these cans without any sacrifice. Within this thread there are many options to try, and I've been through a few - MSR7, M4U1, even trying to fit my 940 pads onto these. Each yielded different results, but always strayed away from the original tonality and efficiency.

I just so happened to have some Denon MM400s floating around the house and swapped these pads onto the Sines - they are a perfect fit without an adapter and sound EXACTLY the way they should. The MM400/Sine pads seem to be a same type of material, with very similar dimensions and depth. I went as far as to put one pad on and keep the Sine pad on the other ear, and found the sound to be dead on accurate to my ears between the two pads with no noticable tonality or efficiency shift. I'd highly recommend contacting Denon and getting ahold of these pads - they are now by far the most comfortable cans I own, and I'm able to wear them for multiple hours a day while traveling with no discomfort.

This is how the Sines should've shipped. Definitely worth a look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back