Audeze SINE Series
Jun 18, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,528 of 4,783
Should I buy the Sine while it's on-sale now or wait for the next HD6xx drop? I read on page 44-45 some people prefer the Sine to the HD6xx, and their current sale price which includes the Cipher cable is not a bad value considering I won't need an external amp.

Deciding between the two since I only need one pair of high-end wired headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #3,531 of 4,783
I don't need portability since I have other headphones to use outside and for fitness, and Audeze has a great sale going on on their web-site :). This would be my "sit back and enjoy every nuance in the music headphone."

Jun 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #3,533 of 4,783
I preferred the Sine to the HD6XX, but I think some of that could be amp pairing. I felt the HD6XX had a lot more grain and had a "muffled sound compared to the Sine. Bass was no comparison though, the HD6XX was much better. I used a Mojo to feed a Jotunheim (tried SE and Balanced) and via my VE RA2B.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,534 of 4,783
I preferred the Sine to the HD6XX, but I think some of that could be amp pairing. I felt the HD6XX had a lot more grain and had a "muffled sound compared to the Sine. Bass was no comparison though, the HD6XX was much better. I used a Mojo to feed a Jotunheim (tried SE and Balanced) and via my VE RA2B.

Were you using the Sine with the Cipher cable? That's supposed to significantly improve the bass and seperation.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #3,535 of 4,783
Were you using the Sine with the Cipher cable? That's supposed to significantly improve the bass and seperation.

I don't do iOS. Though, I had already preferred the Sine to the HD6XX anyway.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #3,536 of 4,783
I don't do iOS. Though, I had already preferred the Sine to the HD6XX anyway.

Does the more closed soundstage make a difference? I have an ATH-700 already so a huge open soundstage isn't necessary but I want the best of everything in a headphone lol it's become a bit of an unhealthy obsession of mine :).

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #3,537 of 4,783
Does the more closed soundstage make a difference? I have an ATH-700 already so a huge open soundstage isn't necessary but I want the best of everything in a headphone lol it's become a bit of an unhealthy obsession of mine :).

It is hard for me to say at this point, as I don't have either in my possession anymore. I felt the HD6XX were "grainier" and "muddier" with my setup. The Sine were cleaner sounding to me. I just took delivery of a new pair of HD600, and my opinion has flopped. I would take the HD600 Balanced over the Sine any day.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #3,539 of 4,783
It is hard for me to say at this point, as I don't have either in my possession anymore. I felt the HD6XX were "grainier" and "muddier" with my setup. The Sine were cleaner sounding to me. I just took delivery of a new pair of HD600, and my opinion has flopped. I would take the HD600 Balanced over the Sine any day.

Not making this easy lol! At the end of the day I feel like most audiophiles would say you can't go wrong with the HD6x0 line but Sine is still tempting for the value.

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #3,540 of 4,783
Not making this easy lol! At the end of the day I feel like most audiophiles would say you can't go wrong with the HD6x0 line but Sine is still tempting for the value.
I don't feel like the Sine is a go-to sit down at home and enjoy the nuances kind of headphone. It's very balanced and great for portable use, but I go elsewhere for home due to the closed soundstage. The open back might be the ticket for that, but I doubt it's better than the 600 series and surely not competing pricepoint wise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back