Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #6,557 of 7,191
So I came across the Penrose X doing some research. I’m intrigued to check out the technology and specifically the sound. But I am worried none the less after reading many sections of this forum. Mainly difficulties changing party chat game/mix and poor connection. I want to hear background noise myself too.

Here is my situation. I have a ps5 in my living room and don’t really care about the headset there as I have a fairly decent audio set up to enjoy the first party single player experiences.

In my office I enjoy playing my Xbox Series S and am looking for the best sound experience wirelessly to escape and play multiplayer games. I want to be able to easily change mix audio there where I play on the computer monitor with an Elite 2 controller. I just want an easy wireless solution that sound great.

Unfortunately I’m an iPhone user and do not have a PC. I have a MacBook. It seems to me I will be unable to adjust the party chat/game mix easily or I can do it within my actual Xbox. Can anyone tell me the best way to do it?

For my situation does the Penrose X make sense or should I continue to wait. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #6,558 of 7,191
So I came across the Penrose X doing some research. I’m intrigued to check out the technology and specifically the sound. But I am worried none the less after reading many sections of this forum. Mainly difficulties changing party chat game/mix and poor connection. Want to hear background noise myself too.

Here is my situation. I have a ps5 in my living room and don’t really care about the headset there as I have a fairly decent audio set up to enjoy the first party single player experiences.

In my office I enjoy playing my Xbox Series S and am looking for the best sound experience wirelessly to escape and play multiplayer games. I want to be able to easily change mix audio there where I play with a computer monitor and nice chair.

Unfortunately I’m an iPhone user and do not have a PC. I have a MacBook. It seems to me I will be unable to adjust the party chat/game mix easily or I can do it within my actual Xbox. Can anyone tell me the best way to do it?

For my situation does the Penrose X make sense or should I continue to wait. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi,
Welcome
Sounds like you've done your research and in fact all the answers in your email sum up where Xbox and iPhone users are at the moment.
Are you sure your account isn't a blend of psyche of the previous few posters? 🧐

Chris

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #6,559 of 7,191
Thank you for the welcome. I’ve been lurking quite a few days and this seems like a friendly and helpful community. The post above was also edited for clarity as I submitted it by accident prematurely.

The Apple and Mac users did indeed jumped out as many who were concerns with the user ability/interface. But with the latest update the to the app (it seems like it it can be installed in my MacBook) but will require the headset to be plugged in to make changes. Furthermore, any audio adjustments will need to be made without hearing it on my XB Series S.

Not sure how much of a hassle it will actually be if my assumptions and research are correct.

Hi,
Welcome
Sounds like you've done your research and in fact all the answers in your email sum up where Xbox and iPhone users are at the moment.
Are you sure your account isn't a blend of psyche of the previous few posters? 🧐

Chris

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #6,560 of 7,191
I thought i was done posting here but the newest firmware update broke the dual Bluetooth and wireless connection. I can longer get audio from Bluetooth connection while connected to PS5 wireless. I tried upairing my phone with the penrose but they work fine in blutooth mode only with my phone. Anyone else have this problem after the update?

Jan 3, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #6,563 of 7,191
So I came across the Penrose X doing some research. I’m intrigued to check out the technology and specifically the sound. But I am worried none the less after reading many sections of this forum. Mainly difficulties changing party chat game/mix and poor connection. I want to hear background noise myself too.

In my office I enjoy playing my Xbox Series S and am looking for the best sound experience wirelessly to escape and play multiplayer games. I want to be able to easily change mix audio there where I play on the computer monitor with an Elite 2 controller. I just want an easy wireless solution that sound great.

I wouldn't wait, it will never have the iOS support you will want; it's a limitation of the chipset. Chatmix functionality is unlikely to improve. Even way back, they have cautioned that this set may not always work on both systems, so if you regularly play both, I wouldn't count on the continued cross platform functionality. I would look at a different headset entirely. Add in the various other gremlins people have and I'd say its safe to say this headset should be a hard pass for you and your needs.

Jan 3, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #6,565 of 7,191
Hi, I was approved for an RMA and I have question regarding sending the headphones back.
In the instructions, it says "DO NOT send the case if one was purchased"
Does not mean don't send the headphones in the original box that it came in?
Do I just put the headphones in a cardboard box?
I asked support as well but it might take some time to hear back so I figured some of you guys might of sent yours back for repairs.

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #6,566 of 7,191
Hi, I was approved for an RMA and I have question regarding sending the headphones back.
In the instructions, it says "DO NOT send the case if one was purchased"
Does not mean don't send the headphones in the original box that it came in?
Do I just put the headphones in a cardboard box?
I asked support as well but it might take some time to hear back so I figured some of you guys might of sent yours back for repairs.

Thanks!
No. Those instructions would be referring to an actual headphone case, which is a separate purchase. Send it back in the original box, or any other box that you don't care about.

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #6,568 of 7,191
Ciao a tutti, ricordo che dopo i primi mesi di utilizzo, molti di noi hanno chiesto nell'aggiornamento del firmware la possibilità di avere una maggiore gradualità del volume, ma siamo al secondo aggiornamento e non ho notato miglioramenti. secondo te non è possibile farlo?

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #6,569 of 7,191
Ciao a tutti, ricordo che dopo i primi mesi di utilizzo, molti di noi hanno chiesto nell'aggiornamento del firmware la possibilità di avere una maggiore gradualità del volume, ma siamo al secondo aggiornamento e non ho notato miglioramenti. secondo te non è possibile farlo?
Hello everyone, I remember that after the first months of use, many of us asked in the firmware update for the possibility of having a greater gradualness of the volume, but we are at the second update and I have not noticed any improvements. According to you it is not possible to do it?

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #6,570 of 7,191
Hello everyone, I remember that after the first months of use, many of us asked in the firmware update for the possibility of having a greater gradualness of the volume, but we are at the second update and I have not noticed any improvements. According to you it is not possible to do it?
that is the only thing i HATE and they have already said they can not fix it. i dont know who tried them and got away with that to sell them to the public that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back