Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #6,572 of 7,191
Hi, for people who sent their headphones for RMA, is the zip code 92704 or is it 92704-6936?
In the email instructions it's just 92704 but my receipt shows the full zip code.
Sorry first time sending something from Canada to the US, don't want to mess it up.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #6,573 of 7,191
Hi, for people who sent their headphones for RMA, is the zip code 92704 or is it 92704-6936?
In the email instructions it's just 92704 but my receipt shows the full zip code.
Sorry first time sending something from Canada to the US, don't want to mess it up.
Thanks in advance.
92704 would be standard format. The 6936 is additional delivery info used by the post office. So you can use both, but its most simple to use the standard 5 digit format and doing so wont affect its arrival.

Jan 9, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #6,577 of 7,191
Has the popping/crackling issue been fixed with Penrose X yet? I tried the headset like 3 times, last time was around 6 months ago, and I tried various solutions, but I would always get the popping and cut outs etc with Penrose X on my Series X. Such a bummer, because I know I loved the headset, even the comfort was fine (and I'm quite picky about that, especially with my glasses and I tend to get hot). So I'd love to know if they are worth trying again?

Jan 10, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #6,578 of 7,191
Just for fun i tried this blind test http://abx.digitalfeed.net/ to see if i could determine the lossless version from the lossy one using my Penrose.

Apparently i cannot not, but i wonder if that is because of my ears (probably) or the Penrose processing chain ? Can other penrose users try too (possibly with higher end equipment if you have it)?
Did you use wireless/bt or wired connection? As aac or sbc codecs for bt are not suitable for hires.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #6,579 of 7,191
Did you use wireless/bt or wired connection? As aac or sbc codecs for bt are not suitable for hires.

I agree definitely not BT though which on these headsets uses older profiles.

But

But are our headsets using a digital amp with even wired goes through AD converter? Or does wired take a lossless path and just into the analogue side of the amplifier?

Regarding wireless profile... does it transmit lossless or go through unnecessary digital to digital conversion once it reaches headset?
Anyone know the DAC in headset? I looked at teardowns and couldn't find it.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #6,581 of 7,191
Digital amp is always being used

this

I understand analogue signals probably digitised and then of course everything needs to go through DSP processing before finally DAC to output to the planar speakers

But I was hoping that the wireless signal would've reached headset DSP in lossless form without unnecessary resampling.

@Audeze. Do you have a schematic of the signal path you'd mind sharing ? Logical or physical representation fine? I assume not IP because if we were prepared to break our headsets open we could find by looking at circuit board.

Thanks

Jan 11, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #6,582 of 7,191
I understand analogue signals probably digitised and then of course everything needs to go through DSP processing before finally DAC to output to the planar speakers

But I was hoping that the wireless signal would've reached headset DSP in lossless form without unnecessary resampling.

@Audeze. Do you have a schematic of the signal path you'd mind sharing ? Logical or physical representation fine? I assume not IP because if we were prepared to break our headsets open we could find by looking at circuit board.

Thanks
Just for info
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050186952-Penrose-AUX-Analog-connection

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #6,584 of 7,191

Thanks
We are not able to offer these schematics.

Does @Audeze read this forum? If you do, please please please let me name the presets. I keep forgetting them and have to write them down each time I want to switch.

Thanks.

You wish to rename them in the software, correct? I'll forward this to the relevant teams to see if we can possibly add this feature in the future.

We can't adjust any voice cues for this on the actual headset however.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 14, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #6,585 of 7,191
We are not able to offer these schematics.

You wish to rename them in the software, correct? I'll forward this to the relevant teams to see if we can possibly add this feature in the future.

We can't adjust any voice cues for this on the actual headset however.
There are voice cues? How do I switch presets without plugging the headset into my mac and changing it!? I'm such a n00b haha!
And you're right, I'd love to be able to rename in the software if possible, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back