Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 2, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #4,111 of 7,191
I have the Penrose X coming for use with ps5, switch and pc. Just wondering if I should swap my order to the ps5 Penrose as I don't want to add any more potential issues that have been occurring. Will the X work just the same as the blue set?

It should just be the wireless dongle which is different, basically having an Xbox and PC/(PS5) toggle on it.

I don’t think there is any use in getting the Penrose X if you don’t intend on using them on both XSX/PS5 though. Doesn’t the Penrose work for Switch as well?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #4,113 of 7,191
After a long read I still can’t decide between the audeze and the steelseries pro wireless or even the wires pro and game dad.
I don’t care wireless, it’s a bonus, but no compromise with audio quality even if it is for PlayStation gaming
I actually use steelseries 7 and they are nothing special, muffled a bit, but they are easy to use.
Did someone compare steelseries to audeze? Even wired

thanks

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #4,114 of 7,191
After a long read I still can’t decide between the audeze and the steelseries pro wireless or even the wires pro and game dad.
I don’t care wireless, it’s a bonus, but no compromise with audio quality even if it is for PlayStation gaming
I actually use steelseries 7 and they are nothing special, muffled a bit, but they are easy to use.

thanks

The steelseries pro is the same headset as the 7. Only they added blutooth support. The dac is the only real difference. I had bought a 7p to compare to the Penrose and I could not get the steelseries to sound satisfactory enough to return the Audeze

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #4,115 of 7,191

thanks

If wireless isn’t required I’d honestly go with a Creative G6 and a headset or headphone/modmic combination.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #4,120 of 7,191

Looks like you've got the answer since, but here's the update. Gel pads arrived and very easily popped off the old and then put new ones on, feels very comfortable
20210102_121149.jpg

Further to my early comments on here, sound quality still really impressed with, though I'm getting more frequent popping and crackling via Bluetooth or 2.4. I have tried multiple USB sockets without it resolving, and all with as little interference nearby as possible.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #4,122 of 7,191
Looking better in gray, where did you buy them from?

Audeze uk site, though reading comments I know other countries are finding it hard to get them as they are discontinued. Believe in America though you can get the standard pads with the carbon cup.

Preference thing, I actually think the greens OK, just a bit too bold for me. Feel this carbon makes them look a bit more a quality item

Users who are viewing this thread

Back