Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #4,146 of 7,191
Hi guys, can I check is the popping sound and hissing sound cause by interference from my other wireless devices? I have the g915 and g pro wireless keyboard and mouse. In this case if I want to use the penrose for PC does it mean I am screwed? lol If I change to other brand with wireless I would assume that it will be the same case right?

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #4,148 of 7,191
Hi guys, can I check is the popping sound and hissing sound cause by interference from my other wireless devices? I have the g915 and g pro wireless keyboard and mouse. In this case if I want to use the penrose for PC does it mean I am screwed? lol If I change to other brand with wireless I would assume that it will be the same case right?
Could you turn off those other devices or remove batteries, and see if the noise persists?

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #4,149 of 7,191
Could you turn off those other devices or remove batteries, and see if the noise persists?
Hmm i tried remove all the wireless dongles it did improve abit. After i plug back in the popping and hissing sound comes back,Its very intermittent. Not sure if that's just me. Anyone with multiple wireless keyboard , mouse facing the same issue with penrose? Is there a way I can record what I hearing on headset?

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #4,150 of 7,191
Hmm i tried remove all the wireless dongles it did improve abit. After i plug back in the popping and hissing sound comes back,Its very intermittent. Not sure if that's just me. Anyone with multiple wireless keyboard , mouse facing the same issue with penrose? Is there a way I can record what I hearing on headset?
I have my mouse dongle side by side with the penrose on an USB 3.0 hub. No issues here.

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #4,152 of 7,191
I only get the pops when I walk to a point where I start to get connection issues. I have multiple devices plugged in near it in my pc and an Xbox wireless adapter for controllers as well as my router not far. Those devices don’t seem to affect it.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #4,153 of 7,191
I had infrequent crackles and pops as well on my Ps5. And the only thing it was on was 3.0 usb hub. The other usb was for external hard drive, Ps5 is hardwired so no wifi interference, router another room away. But moving it to frontbusb port solved the issue. Maybe try other available ports? Or even switching some around. The Penrose is lost sensitive to interference of any headset I have ever used before. Supposedly Audeze is looking into this

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #4,154 of 7,191
Other things I would suggest for people to have a look at the source itself.
For example: does the motherboard has a clean usb connection? I say that because I know some motherboards have signal interference, popping signals and other things.
If using a hub, does the hub have any connection issues? I say that because my hub kinda goes on stand by when no signal is passing.

Off course those comments are when using usb/dongle. But similar issues can happen with Bluetooth emitters that shuts on and off when signals are not being emitted.

Anyway, my 2c on the troubleshooting for the ones having problems.

Jan 3, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #4,155 of 7,191
What games would you like presets for ?
Valorant for example.(I don't know if it's better to play with Atmos on PC or Windows Sonic x) )

I hope you add some combination to change the presets on the headphones, and also to change the name of the presets on the apps.

It would be great if you fix the microphone, because it don't sound as a Shure microphone... at least on Discord/games. (With sidetone sounds very nice.)

One last thing, do you recommend to increase the volume from the audio source, and then lower it on Penrose?

Best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back