Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #2,148 of 7,191
What's this pillow trick? Just wondering if that will be safer than the headset stand. Is it simply a case of folding the pillow and sticking it between the earcups for the night?

That's all it is. It basically slowly loosens up the clamping force the headphones. Since pillows are soft, you don't have to worry about damaging the headphones.

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #2,149 of 7,191
- Really comfortable, no issues with clamp or otherwise after 4 hours and I think I hold the record for large head size
- Wireless range is about 24 ft for me

Friends in discord hate the mic quality, not sure if this can be resolved or not. I think the mic sounds good in other programs.

Glad to hear that. about mic is coming a new firmware plus more

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #2,150 of 7,191
Capturewhat.JPG

Does this position mean it's off or on? I already fiddled with it so I forgot what the default position was.

It arrived this morning and I'm testing things out.

This is what I was referring to when I got the headphones last week. It's a pretty unintuitive design as any other app would have something else to let you know it's on, like turning a different color or lighting up. When I first saw it, I was like ok does seeing the word "On" mean it's on or does this mean I need to swipe it over to the On position? The app as a whole is pretty barebones as well, with an entire page dedicated on "explaining" the components of the headset. That could have easily just been a link to a PDF. There is also no battery indicator or wireless strength indicator. Audeze had mentioned outsourcing the software to 2 people. That dev team either needs to hire more people or Audeze needs to find a more efficient team.

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #2,151 of 7,191
I just got mine and am getting it set up- does the software only work if you have the headset plugged in via USB? (so you can't use it with the wireless dongle...?)

Also, how does the Game/Voice mix slider in the app work on PC?? And any possibility this could get mapped to the mic dial like it sounds like it has been on Xbox...?

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #2,152 of 7,191
- Really comfortable, no issues with clamp or otherwise after 4 hours and I think I hold the record for large head size
- Wireless range is about 24 ft for me

Friends in discord hate the mic quality, not sure if this can be resolved or not. I think the mic sounds good in other programs.
I don't understand why the mic is sounding good in some programs and not in others.

It's crucial that to get the mic to sound good in discord, microsoft teams and zoom.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #2,153 of 7,191
Honestly when I do the Discord 'Test Mic' feature and listen to the playback, it sounds good to me. I also jumped into a channel with myself on a separate computer, and listened to myself speak, and it also sounded good.

But when I hop into my usual Discord channel with my friends, they all say it sounds terrible. No such problem with my PC37x.

If anyone wants to test together you can join: https://discord.gg/nuT8MCgc

edit: ping me on here if you want to hop in, i won't always be in there

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #2,154 of 7,191
Not sure his username on this board but we just did a test on Discord together (both wireless Penrose) and confirmed we both sound good. We just used a default discord voice channel set at the normal 64 bitrate. Both of us had default user profile settings, but max mic volume, which I use for any headset.

Going to test some more with my friends' setting because now I'm extra confused. Mic sounds very good.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #2,159 of 7,191
Dear Audeze
You mentioned at the beginning of the week that you were dispatching international orders this week, including posting some orders today and tomorrow (Saturday)
how’s it been going?
best regards

Working through the lists and paper work.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back