Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 27, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #2,164 of 7,191
Had the Penrose quite early and thoroughly enjoyed them. The microphone recv from other users seems to be hit or miss, but when I listen to my own recording sounds perfectly fine. This leads me to believe Discord's voip is probably doing some other processing that causes this issue. To some other users, sounds perfectly fine.

Also noticed that the Gel Pads for the Mobius are no longer available. Would these be restocked at a later date, @Audeze ?

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #2,168 of 7,191
@Mad Lust Envy you mentioned that you have the penrose X already, have you noticed any difference between the X and your pre production regular penrose? I’m more specifically wondering if there’s any difference in the wireless connection between the two, like the range or any difference in signal integrity. I’m assuming they’re identical but I thought I’d ask anyway since you’re the only on who has tested both so far.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #2,170 of 7,191
I have been unable to find the answer to this question about any of the penrose models. I understand that the usb dongle will be used to send audio to the headphones wirelessly. That said, my question is this. I want to use discord on PC, game on console. Currently using a cheaper BT/wireless gaming headset, the audio I receive from the PC (using BT) is horrendous and so is the mic quality. I understand the bluetooth standard is lower on my older headphones. Is the quality acceptable now via BT to discord on PC while using wireless console audio? If not, Can I use the wireless audio and then hook up a 3.5mm to my PC and use them simultaneously? I only ask because when I hook up my current headset via 3.5 jack it cuts out the audio from the console. Thanks in advance!

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #2,172 of 7,191
Not sure his username on this board but we just did a test on Discord together (both wireless Penrose) and confirmed we both sound good. We just used a default discord voice channel set at the normal 64 bitrate. Both of us had default user profile settings, but max mic volume, which I use for any headset.

Going to test some more with my friends' setting because now I'm extra confused. Mic sounds very good.
When you say set the bitrate do you mean on discord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back