Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 27, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #2,176 of 7,191
Not sure his username on this board but we just did a test on Discord together (both wireless Penrose) and confirmed we both sound good. We just used a default discord voice channel set at the normal 64 bitrate. Both of us had default user profile settings, but max mic volume, which I use for any headset.

Going to test some more with my friends' setting because now I'm extra confused. Mic sounds very good.
Wirelessly as in with the dongle or via bluetooth? I'm trying to find out how discord will sound if you are wirelessly connected to a console and hooked up via Bluetooth to a PC. If the PC Bluetooth audio is lackluster I wanted to know if you are actually able to use wireless to console and 3.5 to PC

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2,180 of 7,191
Wirelessly as in with the dongle or via bluetooth? I'm trying to find out how discord will sound if you are wirelessly connected to a console and hooked up via Bluetooth to a PC. If the PC Bluetooth audio is lackluster I wanted to know if you are actually able to use wireless to console and 3.5 to PC

Wireless we both sounded good in Discord. I'll try to test the BT + Wireless combo you mentioned.

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #2,183 of 7,191
Can anyone who is using these on PS5 comment on the max volume please (apologies if it's already been mentioned). I've got a USB DAC currently on PS5 and output volume is lower than when using the Optical connection on PS4 - have read the USB output volume on PS4/5 is low so wondered how this affects the Penrose USB dongle setup?

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #2,184 of 7,191
Can anyone who is using these on PS5 comment on the max volume please (apologies if it's already been mentioned). I've got a USB DAC currently on PS5 and output volume is lower than when using the Optical connection on PS4 - have read the USB output volume on PS4/5 is low so wondered how this affects the Penrose USB dongle setup?
I'd already like to know how loud these go, when I'm listening to music I like it LOUD

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #2,185 of 7,191
@Mad Lust Envy you mentioned that you have the penrose X already, have you noticed any difference between the X and your pre production regular penrose? I’m more specifically wondering if there’s any difference in the wireless connection between the two, like the range or any difference in signal integrity. I’m assuming they’re identical but I thought I’d ask anyway since you’re the only on who has tested both so far.
I haven't done a comparison since I pretty much just moved to the X for testing since it's the more recent firmware. The regular one was packed up to ship back as soon as I get a label.

In any case, they should be identical with the only difference being the usb stick that has the Xbox switch on it. The difference is the Xbox support and color.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #2,186 of 7,191
I haven't done a comparison since I pretty much just moved to the X for testing since it's the more recent firmware. The regular one was packed up to ship back as soon as I get a label.

In any case, they should be identical with the only difference being the usb stick that has the Xbox switch on it. The difference is the Xbox support and color.
I guess this will finally clear up the fact that the X is just a better version [Despite color], and works with everything including PlayStation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back