Audeze mobius?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #65 of 122
Yeah, I don’t care too much about the 3D sound features though I’ll definitely give it a try. I more so backed because I love the EL-8 and a wireless EL-8 that potentially sounds even better is a winning proposition to me. Hopefully the battery life over Bluetooth with the 3D features disabled is decent. Only downside I see is the one-year warranty.

I picked up a Nuraphone for my on the go/bluetooth listening so I'm not too worried about that, it's actually replacing a few daily driver pairs I have, even at my desktop. For me, keeping these will come down to their performance as a gaming headset. I really dig the removable mic and headtracking really is a killer feature(the only good thing about the HeaDSPeaker). So we will see.

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #66 of 122
100mm Drivers with 1W of power and built in Cipher. Wired digital or analog. Wireless AAC & LDAC. Skip the 3D audio and this is a spec dream for portable fun.

Also this is seemingly lost in the marketing: “Mobius is tuned to have frequency response like our LCD series of professional headphones and is equally great if used beyond gaming.”

Honestly they seem to be downplaying the quality of these for music. Mobius seems like it is trying to be and should be two separate products: a gaming headset and the world’s first wireless planar magnetic headphone. So basically you’re getting both in one package, making the value proposition here extraordinary. 100mm Fluxor drivers and on-board Cipher basically make these on-par with $799+ Audeze headphones from a spec perspective, and AAC support basically means that these may sound as good or better than my EL-8 when I’m streaming Apple Music. Couple that with a durable design and these are very solid everyday headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #68 of 122
Yeah, I got the launch email and after a 30-second read of the page I barely got in at the $199 price (based on my order number I missed it, but they must honor the price in place when you initiate checkout). Do I need these? Heck no. But I'd love a wireless set of audiophile cans that I can also use for work calls and gaming... a potential all-in-one solution. It's too cheap not to try at that price. I've tried the LCD-2 (pre-Fazor) and LCD-X, and while I enjoyed them, they were just too darned heavy for long-term listening.

Plus I like new toys. These should be interesting.

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #69 of 122
Wondering what the preliminary battery life is on Bluetooth with and without head tracking enabled? It says 10 hours in the campaign with head tracking enabled but doesn’t specify whether that’s via Bluetooth or analog connection.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #73 of 122
This could be my next work headset for teleconferences.... and listening to music at work.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #74 of 122
Well shoot, I’m about to have 4 wireless headsets once these and the ORA ship. My portable collection is out of control.

AirPods
Bose Soundsport Free
1more Quad Driver
Audeze iSine20
Audeze Mobius
Ora GrapheneQ
Bose QC35
Bowers & Wilkins PX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back