Audeze mobius?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #77 of 122
Well shoot, I’m about to have 4 wireless headsets once these and the ORA ship. My portable collection is out of control.

AirPods
Bose Soundsport Free
1more Quad Driver
Audeze iSine20
Audeze Mobius
Ora GrapheneQ
Bose QC35
Bowers & Wilkins PX

I can sympathize, I’m going to further streamline my collection as I personally begin to get a bit overwhelmed when I have too many headphones serving the same purpose.

The only aspect of Mobius I don’t like is how much Audeze is downplaying the fact that they’re wireless planar magnetic headphones with 100mm Uniforce Fluxor drivers. There’s a larger market for that than there is for a gaming headset. The technologies here seem like they could be innovative in the space as Audeze has shown they’re the most innovative modern headphone brand, though there’s a lot more going on here than an innovative new gaming headset.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #78 of 122
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #79 of 122
So I'm guessing these will have bass front and center? With gaming and movie-watching as their prime advertised use, I imagine these will be effectively basshead in sound signature for plain music listening, no? I personally find the crazy overamped bass in theaters to be irritating: every action in modern films HAS to be accompanied by thumping bass, all the voices must have bass overlay (it's spilling out onto youtube video narration too).

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #80 of 122
So I'm guessing these will have bass front and center? With gaming and movie-watching as their prime advertised use, I imagine these will be effectively basshead in sound signature for plain music listening, no? I personally find the crazy overamped bass in theaters to be irritating: every action in modern films HAS to be accompanied by thumping bass, all the voices must have bass overlay (it's spilling out onto youtube video narration too).

It says it has LCD tuning where no one aspect of the sound is emphasized.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #81 of 122
Mar 14, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #83 of 122
I have to ask. Why is there one person paying more for these rather than going with the cheaper tier? Why?
They really like audeze

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #84 of 122
Listening to the video, seems this model is for gamers. If this can translate to regular music and video usage(like turning off the 3D effects and the like), I'm interested. If not, I'll gladly wait for the music version of this. An Audeze BT set would be great!

Looks like I needed to refresh the pages. Sound like you can turn 3D off. I may be in. Missed the cheaper tiers though.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #86 of 122
Too bad this is on indiegogo. I will never deal with that site again.

Did you experience fraud or leaked info? I'm curious before putting down any money.

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #87 of 122
Quoting from the video review, has sound signature close to LCD-2 and LCD-X but more punchy in the low end, and "Rather like a punchy LCD-Class Planar". For movies viewed on a projector via audio cable or bluetooth, looks like only 2-channel stereo, "but does offer spacialization, room emulation, and head tracking". Need USB connection to computer for 5 and 7-channel surround, in addition to the others. I'm still strongly considering this headphone for my significant other, but he spends more time watching movies and shows on our projector than gaming. Hopefully this room emulation and "spacialization" work well for movies without 5 or 7-channel surround emulation.

These can only be used in active mode, according to the review video! No passive unpowered (by battery or USB cable) mode :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #88 of 122
Ok so serious question: what makes these new technology-packed 100mm driver headphones that "sound like punchier LCD-2 and LCD-X" cost $400 MSRP, $200+ on indiegogo... As opposed to LCD-2 costing $1000, and LCD-X costing $1700? So we can expect a sound close to their $1000-1800 headphones in a $400 package WITH added built in amplifier, bluetooth wireless option, microphone, and other bells and whistles? I don't mean to be a negative Nancy--I want to hope these will be great music headphones too, but I'm worried about only 10-hr battery life for music and also the fact that these headphones are priced so low by the same company who makes $1600 headphones and previously had the SINE at $450/500 and SINE DX at $600 without all the extra features. Something has to give to tick all those spec boxes at that price.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #89 of 122
Ok so serious question: what makes these new technology-packed 100mm driver headphones that "sound like punchier LCD-2 and LCD-X" cost $400 MSRP, $200+ on indiegogo... As opposed to LCD-2 costing $1000, and LCD-X costing $1700? So we can expect a sound close to their $1000-1800 headphones in a $400 package WITH added built in amplifier, bluetooth wireless option, microphone, and other bells and whistles? I don't mean to be a negative Nancy--I want to hope these will be great music headphones too, but I'm worried about only 10-hr battery life for music and also the fact that these headphones are priced so low by the same company who makes $1600 headphones and previously had the SINE at $450/500 and SINE DX at $600 without all the extra features. Something has to give to tick all those spec boxes at that price.

Audeze’s prices have been trending downwards. They’re building planar drivers at higher volumes with more efficient manufacturing, which leads to lower production costs. Eventually all technology becomes cheaper. I assume they also save money by forgoing luxuries like a design by BMW DesignWorksUSA, though Mobius does look cool for what it is.

Incredible price for essentially third-generation EL-8 drivers in a wireless package with advanced tracking features.

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #90 of 122
I feel like Monoprice's Monolith line has affected this market significantly. Audeze and Hifiman have both lowered their pricing lately and newer products are lower priced than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back