• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jan 23, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #7,637 of 7,693
Ok someone please help me my head hurts at this point. I want to connect these headphones to my tv since I’m playing games on the new Xbox. So I thought hooking up Xbox to an audio extractor which has 2 HDMI outputs one of which goes to tv and the other with a HDMI to micro USB cable to Mobius. Or the other one will directly go to the laptop where the audio will be decoded and then will finally be received by Mobius. Another thing I found is a digital to analog converter by Amazonbasics that looks like it has a micro USB output which I’m not sure if it’s capable of outputting audio. I asked and waiting for a response from them. I mean if something like apple cck can make it work why wouldn’t these methods work ? I’m not even trying to make 7.1 work. I just want to get best possible audio using 2 channel modes.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #7,641 of 7,693
I’ve been using Mobius with the 3.5mm output on my Xbox Series S controller and it’s been working well with high quality audio, but I’ve been noticing static every few seconds lately. Is there troubleshooting for this? I assume the issue is the controller and not the headset. I’ve tried powering both on and off and re-connecting the 3.5mm cable but it hasn’t worked to resolve the static.

edit: A quick Google search showed me that possibly changing the headset volume to max on the console would resolve the issue. I did this originally, but found it was too loud and slightly difficult to keep track of especially since the headset on the original firmware defaults to a particular volume. It should be noted that there’s no issue with loudness as some other users have pointed out as simply adjusting the volume of the headset output fixes loudness issues.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #7,642 of 7,693
Ok someone please help me my head hurts at this point. I want to connect these headphones to my tv since I’m playing games on the new Xbox. So I thought hooking up Xbox to an audio extractor which has 2 HDMI outputs one of which goes to tv and the other with a HDMI to micro USB cable to Mobius. Or the other one will directly go to the laptop where the audio will be decoded and then will finally be received by Mobius. Another thing I found is a digital to analog converter by Amazonbasics that looks like it has a micro USB output which I’m not sure if it’s capable of outputting audio. I asked and waiting for a response from them. I mean if something like apple cck can make it work why wouldn’t these methods work ? I’m not even trying to make 7.1 work. I just want to get best possible audio using 2 channel modes.
You’re overthinking this. Just use the 3.5mm output on the controller. It’s more convenient, and Microsoft claims the audio is uncompressed.

Jun 2, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #7,643 of 7,693
Still getting static every few seconds at full headset volume on the Xbox Series S. It may just be a faulty controller.

Update: re-pairing the controller with the console fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #7,644 of 7,693
Does anyone here have problems with your Mobius ? I am one of the original backers from Indiegogo. I'm now on my third set and now it has developed problems. First set bricked after I tried to update the firmware. Contacted Audeze and returned it RMA for another set. Second set, developed issues with sound out of the left ear. Sent it back and got a new set. Now, no sound out of either.Everything registers on the app, but no sound. Really starting to piss me off.

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #7,645 of 7,693
Does anyone here have problems with your Mobius ? I am one of the original backers from Indiegogo. I'm now on my third set and now it has developed problems. First set bricked after I tried to update the firmware. Contacted Audeze and returned it RMA for another set. Second set, developed issues with sound out of the left ear. Sent it back and got a new set. Now, no sound out of either.Everything registers on the app, but no sound. Really starting to piss me off.

Are we talking about whether people just generally have had issues with their Mobius (the answer is definitely yes)? Or specifically the sound issues?

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #7,648 of 7,693
I love the sound , music out of my Mobius. No, just qc issues.

Oh, definitely. Yeah, the Mobius is a great headphone in terms of sound, feature set, etc. The build quality is absolute garbage and it feels like I've seen waaaay more QC issues on these headphones than on basically any other pair in the enthusiast space. Everything from firmware issues (though those were mostly around launch and have kind of been resolved) to a specific part of the hinge being really weak and snapping, etc etc. I wonder if this is because this is the most "complex" headphone Audeze has designed up till now, from a certain point of view? Thankfully, Audeze CS is really helpful, whether it's firmware issues, sound not playing, or actual physical issues, so 🤷‍♂️. I really want a Mobius with a more metal build, even if that makes it $100-200 more, since hopefully that could resolve lots of the QC issues.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #7,650 of 7,693
I really want a Mobius with a more metal build, even if that makes it $100-200 more, since hopefully that could resolve lots of the QC issues.
I have been saying the same whenever the Mobius comes into conversation. I would jump on a more expensive Mobius if it's a metal build. As for the moment, I'm still looking for a 3D metal fabrication facility that would take my disassembled Mobius frame (esp. the yokes) and make an exact replica so as to refit it on the earcups. I'm still unsuccessful in that plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back