• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #7,561 of 7,693
Which is the best option to use the Mobius with a TV? I have a LG C8 Oled and I want to get the best possible sound. I understand that a DAC/Amp like the Chord Mojo wouldn't be right because the Mobius already amplifies the signal, so should I just connect the Mobius to the minijack 3,5mm output of the TV?

I am sure that this has been answered many times, but after looking for it I am still not sure of what to do.

Thank you!

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #7,562 of 7,693
Which is the best option to use the Mobius with a TV? I have a LG C8 Oled and I want to get the best possible sound. I understand that a DAC/Amp like the Chord Mojo wouldn't be right because the Mobius already amplifies the signal, so should I just connect the Mobius to the minijack 3,5mm output of the TV?

I am sure that this has been answered many times, but after looking for it I am still not sure of what to do.

Thank you!
The only option is the analog 3.5 mm plug.
Quality wise this is completely OK, but you are limited to stereo, no multi channel surround sound.
You can use the 3-D function, which, in conjunction with the picture, gives a very good immersive audio experience.

A Headphone amplifier is not needed, not even suggested. Levels usually fit very well with direct connection to a TV set.

I have yet to see a solution to feed multi channel surround from a TV set into Mobius.
Mobius acts like a USB sound card, expecting PCM format.
TVs at best put out multi channel surround as Dolby Digital stream on a HDMI or SPDIF digital connector.
What would be needed is an interface that converts HDMI (or SPDIF) to USB and decodes Dolby Digital Surround into multi channel PCM surround.
The only way this could be done I can imagine is using an Arduino, Raspberry Pi or any PC as interface.
I'm waiting for someone to come up with a solution.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #7,563 of 7,693

Thank you!

It looks like it may also be possible to output audio via the USB port, but my guess is it will be limited to 2.1 audio so the headphones would have to be switched into two-channel mode.

It would be technically capable of 5.1/7.1 if LG was inclined to release a software update, assuming it doesn’t already support it.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #7,565 of 7,693
Thank you for the answers!

Once I receive the headphones I will try them through the 3,5mm plug and see how they sound (I already have a minijack extender that reaches the sofa from the TV). I think the LG C8's USB is input only, but I will check it out anyway.

I also have a PS4 Pro. Is it better to grab the signal via USB from it? If there is not a big difference I guess I can just use the 3,5mm plug from the TV as well for it.

I will use the Mobius mostly with my laptop through USB anyway, seems like the best sound quality by far.

These are my first "good" headphones (until now I only had the Superlux HD660 coupled with a FiiO A5), so I am quite excited about starting to use them!

Nov 29, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #7,566 of 7,693
There are not many headphones better than the Mobius regardless of price, especially if you consider full-range response down to 20 Hz and its integrated correction filters. It puts to shame most audiophile headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #7,567 of 7,693
I gotta stay off the internet around this time...the $250 b stock sale on the Audeze website is incredibly tempting (they only have copper left though). If they had the deal in silver I probably would’ve purchased them immediately. I don’t think I would pay full price for them because I’m not much of a gamer so I would only be using half of its features.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #7,568 of 7,693
Thank you for the answers!

Once I receive the headphones I will try them through the 3,5mm plug and see how they sound (I already have a minijack extender that reaches the sofa from the TV). I think the LG C8's USB is input only, but I will check it out anyway.

I also have a PS4 Pro. Is it better to grab the signal via USB from it? If there is not a big difference I guess I can just use the 3,5mm plug from the TV as well for it.

I will use the Mobius mostly with my laptop through USB anyway, seems like the best sound quality by far.

These are my first "good" headphones (until now I only had the Superlux HD660 coupled with a FiiO A5), so I am quite excited about starting to use them!
For your PS4, USB is definitely the way to go.

Nov 29, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #7,569 of 7,693
I gotta stay off the internet around this time...the $250 b stock sale on the Audeze website is incredibly tempting (they only have copper left though). If they had the deal in silver I probably would’ve purchased them immediately. I don’t think I would pay full price for them because I’m not much of a gamer so I would only be using half of its features.
Lately I bought B stock from AUDEZE via Amazon, was the EL-8 Titanium (with Cipher) for just $249.
It was fully refurbished like new and updated to the latest version, with complete packaging, absolute great deal, even with shipping and tax to Germany.
I just stumbled across this deal when I was in search for an EL-8/Sine Cipher cable, good luck.
I wanted to sell the headphones and just keep the Cipher cable, but I do like the EL-8 very much, so it's a keeper.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #7,570 of 7,693
Has anybody successfully replaced the battery themselves? Just thinking about the future when Audeze no longer offers this service. Really wish they would have allowed these to have a passive mode, that way they wouldn't have a built in expiration date.

Dec 26, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #7,571 of 7,693
Has anybody successfully replaced the battery themselves? Just thinking about the future when Audeze no longer offers this service. Really wish they would have allowed these to have a passive mode, that way they wouldn't have a built in expiration date.

Like most DAPs? :p

Dec 27, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #7,573 of 7,693
I also was curious if anyones BT module was particularly loud? In wired mode, the white noise is so quiet and soft that it doesn't bother me. However, once I turn on BT, I start to hear whirring noises in the right earcup.

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #7,574 of 7,693
I also was curious if anyones BT module was particularly loud? In wired mode, the white noise is so quiet and soft that it doesn't bother me. However, once I turn on BT, I start to hear whirring noises in the right earcup.

I hear the same white noise whether BT is on or not. Definitely no whirring though.

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #7,575 of 7,693
The white noise varies from day to day on my unit. Sometimes it’s inaudible and sometimes it’s loud enough that I wonder whether my hearing is varying everyday when I didn’t hear it before. DSP corrected headphones should not support passive mode. They don’t need to pander to delusional audiofools who think a random frequency response is ”pure”.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back