• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 5, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #7,591 of 7,693
Ah...you just missed a deal :frowning2: . Their rough historical low (excluding Indiegogo of course) is $300, and Audeze had their Spring Sale a few days ago (ended June 1st) - they were at $300. I would sign up for the Audeze Insider program if I were you. Seems like that deal was only available if you were signed up.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #7,592 of 7,693
Ah...you just missed a deal :frowning2: . Their rough historical low (excluding Indiegogo of course) is $300, and Audeze had their Spring Sale a few days ago (ended June 1st) - they were at $300. I would sign up for the Audeze Insider program if I were you. Seems like that deal was only available if you were signed up.

Oh well, that's sad! haha

Thanks, just subscribed.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #7,593 of 7,693
NP. I actually wasn't going to get my Mobius - too pricey at $400. But a day or two before I was about to buy a cheaper headset I got an Audeze email telling me about the discount - so I got my Mobus instead. So happy with these :). If I were you, I would set a price tracker alert for the Mobius on Amazon as well (maybe use camelcamelcamel) - in case that drops.

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #7,595 of 7,693
Did anybody ever find a good plug-n-play replacement mic for Audeze Mobius? I don't mean a replacement unit from Audeze, but a better, higher-quality alternative.

That plugs into the headset, works with it properly, but has higher sensitivity (more output volume) and hopefully is of better audio quality?

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #7,597 of 7,693
Did anybody ever find a good plug-n-play replacement mic for Audeze Mobius? I don't mean a replacement unit from Audeze, but a better, higher-quality alternative.

That plugs into the headset, works with it properly, but has higher sensitivity (more output volume) and hopefully is of better audio quality?
I would like to see one, but I haven't heard of any specifically designed for the Mobius. I mean, the Mobius isn't exactly a known/mainstream headset, and I'm pretty sure that basically only audiophiles (and a few other people) know fo Audeze. Plus MSRP is $400... this is a very niche market now :) . It doesn't help that instead of Audeze having a normal mic jack, they made it flat on one-side, effectively making it proprietary (the mic jack). I am not sure if this is how add-on mics work, but maybe you could purchase a 3.5 mm mic to put in the 3.5mm port?? Or if you are fine spending >$100, you could always get an Antilion ModMic Wireless :)

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #7,601 of 7,693
Bass kicks are a tiny bit more muted with 3d ON. IMHO it is probably because 3d opens up the soundstage, while in normal stereo mode, sounds only come at you from two sides, so ofc it will feel more "thumpy" in two channel mode?
The impulse response and thus frequency response is changed completely when enabling 3D. You can download impulse responses of Waves NX and test it yourself in Equalizer APO. Most 3D HRTFs roll-off the bass and kill the sub-bass, except for Dolby Atmos for Headphones.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #7,602 of 7,693
Has anyone noticed that bass kicks - like hitting a drum - are more emphasized with 3d off, compared to 3d off?
AUDEZE HQ app's head size and ambience settings have a huge impact on bass response.
It's like in a real room, at some room positions bass gets stronger, at some it's less.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #7,603 of 7,693
Hi, I just bought the Mobius and I should receive them by the end of this week.

I am planning to use them paired with my iPhone until I come back home from my annual leave.

What do I need to use them wired? 3.5 mm lighting adapter or usb/lighting adapter?

concerning the firmware, how do I update it?

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #7,604 of 7,693
Hi, I just bought the Mobius and I should receive them by the end of this week.

I am planning to use them paired with my iPhone until I come back home from my annual leave.

What do I need to use them wired? 3.5 mm lighting adapter or usb/lighting adapter?

concerning the firmware, how do I update it?
You need the Apple CCK (Camera Connection Kit), either the simple Lighning to USB-A adapter, or the one with additional Lighning power connection.
With the Powered CCK the Apple 12W power supply might be needed, the little 5W PSU supplied with the iPhones can, on some configurations, cause instable connection.

The firmware can be downloaded from the AUDEZE site, follow the instructions absolutely precise to avoid bricking your Mobius.
A factory new Mobius should come with the latest firmware anyway.

Don't forget to install and use the AUDEZE HQ app to set your head size for full benefit of the 3D effect.
I although reduced the "Ambience" from 35 to 22 to avoid unnatural reverb when listening to music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back