• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 30, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #7,396 of 7,693
Yep, makes the hotspot from the stock band disappear. Very comfy, not too goofy looking.
s!Aiu2-1OmhmjKgbQK0fCyKRYLm2ixEQ

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aiu2-1OmhmjKgbQK0fCyKRYLm2ixEQ
s!Aiu2-1OmhmjKgbQK0fCyKRYLm2ixEQ
Pilot status

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #7,398 of 7,693
I have used the that AppleTV with the Mobius without issue.

Could you be specific about which model you're referring to? To be clear, I am talking about Apple TV 3, not Gen 4 standard. When I try to connect via Bluetooth, it only references connecting BT keyboards. After noticing that fine print, I found this, which seems to confirm:

context:
https://www.appledystopia.com/how-to/use-headphones-with-apple-tv/

"Bluetooth headphones are very popular, but they don’t work with older Apple TV’s. The second and third generation models only offer Bluetooth support for keyboards. This is disappointing, given the popularity of Bluetooth headphones."

Naturally, I'd be thrilled to hear that you've got a workaround!

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #7,400 of 7,693
Could you be specific about which model you're referring to? To be clear, I am talking about Apple TV 3, not Gen 4 standard. When I try to connect via Bluetooth, it only references connecting BT keyboards. After noticing that fine print, I found this, which seems to confirm:

context:
https://www.appledystopia.com/how-to/use-headphones-with-apple-tv/

"Bluetooth headphones are very popular, but they don’t work with older Apple TV’s. The second and third generation models only offer Bluetooth support for keyboards. This is disappointing, given the popularity of Bluetooth headphones."

Naturally, I'd be thrilled to hear that you've got a workaround!

It works with the Apple TV 4th gen released in 2015.

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #7,402 of 7,693
I ordered the Pads as I have very little self-control. Question! Does 3D work over Bluetooth? It does not for me.
It does. Mine sometimes bugs out and 3D stops working over Bluetooth. I have to reboot it to get 3D working again.

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #7,403 of 7,693
Sounds like the default curve is a little bright for you. It is for me ;] Like @foreverzer0 said, try the Warm preset. If that's not to your liking, it's not really to mine either Dx use a separate equalizer. I can't advise on what to use for iOS, for Android I use USB Audio Player Pro.

Most importantly it just consists of reducing ~3.5khz down by about 5db. This will make music much less fatiguing and more enjoyable for you. If you feel like trying it, changing the pads can smooth treble a bit too, while expanding the soundstage further and improving imaging a bit. more comfortable as well, but a little involved ;]
Looks like you've created the curve based on my posting here, or did you just listen and tune the EQ, ending up with a similar result?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-205#post-14857660

IMG_0974.PNG

Above is a comparison of Mobius "Music" preset's frequency response to an average of the following headphones:
STAX SR 009
STAX SR 007
Hifiman HE 1000 V1
Focal Clear
Sennheiser HE 60
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser HD 6xx (HD 650)
Sennheiser HD 58x
EMU Teak
Sony MDR CD 3000
AKG K 812

As can be seen, there is indeed a tiny relative boost of 3dB between 1.8 and 3.5kHz (not 8dB like mentioned in some posts before).
I already asked here some time ago to deal with this in a preset, because I can hear it and would like it to be removed.
The little drop around 5kHz is typical AUDEZE house sound, and I am perfectly fine with it, specially if the 3kHz boost would be removed it would be less pronounced.
The resulting preset could be called "Soft"

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #7,404 of 7,693
Looks like you've created the curve based on my posting here, or did you just listen and tune the EQ, ending up with a similar result?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-205#post-14857660

Above is a comparison of Mobius "Music" preset's frequency response to an average of the following headphones:
STAX SR 009
STAX SR 007
Hifiman HE 1000 V1
Focal Clear
Sennheiser HE 60
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser HD 6xx (HD 650)
Sennheiser HD 58x
EMU Teak
Sony MDR CD 3000
AKG K 812

As can be seen, there is indeed a tiny relative boost of 3dB between 1.8 and 3.5kHz (not 8dB like mentioned in some posts before).
I already asked here some time ago to deal with this in a preset, because I can hear it and would like it to be removed.
The little drop around 5kHz is typical AUDEZE house sound, and I am perfectly fine with it, specially if the 3kHz boost would be removed it would be less pronounced.
The resulting preset could be called "Soft"

A mix of the measurements provided by Audeze, your measurements, and listening tests due to the pad change from stock to brainwavz angled pleather.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190403-182702_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190403-182702_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #7,405 of 7,693
I just encountered a rather strange bug with my Mobius. I was using it over USB in 7.1 mode with 3D Manual, and everything was working flawlessly as usual. I then left it sitting for a while and when I came back, I noticed all the 'voice prompts' (when you center your 3D for example) were very quiet. They were still audible, but barely so. All audio coming from my PC was still normal as far as I could tell. I tried switching EQ presets and changing 3D mode, but neither of those fixed it. In the end what fixed it was cycling the USB modes (7.1, stereo and hi-res), though I'm pretty certain a normal power cycle would've fixed it too. I have no idea what caused this bug to occur, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

Apr 7, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #7,407 of 7,693
How easy are the new ear pads to attach? I've never tried to remove the original ear pads.

The original pads are probably my least favorite thing about the Mobius from day 1.

I had to remove and re-attach the earpads to get my serial number for the pop filter. It was super easy. There are two bumps on the blue/copper/gray plastic part attached to the earpad that stick out. You basically just squeeze then it pulls right off. Reattaching was you pretty much just align it and push it into place until it clicks. My new earpads are scheduled to arrive any minute now, so I dont have them yet to compare, but I imagine its the exact same procedure.

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #7,408 of 7,693
How easy are the new ear pads to attach? I've never tried to remove the original ear pads.

The original pads are probably my least favorite thing about the Mobius from day 1.
When you see the new ear pads it will be more apparent. Just squeeze the sides and pull. I have guitar fingernails. Before I knew what I was doing, I slipped a fingernail under one side of pad assembly and popped one side up and then the other. As mashuto said. Just line them up a push down. They will snap into place with no gaps.
The new ear pads have made the Mobius for me. Audeze has said the new pads do not change the sound, but I found them to be a nice improvement. The headset feels more ‘solid’. The headset is more comfortable for long sessions. I dunno! Dumbo had his magic feather too.

Apr 7, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #7,409 of 7,693
I just got my new pads and I'm having problems understanding what exactly I just paid for? These new ones look and feel almost identical the old pads. They are firmer but I can't tell if it's because I just haven't worn them in like my olds one. I seem to remember over time they just became softer and I was assuming that these new pads were going be like putting space foam like what you'd find in a mattress or something... Don't get me wrong - they are definitely firmer but not enough for me to remember if when I first got my headset. Am I trippin'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back