• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 28, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #6,916 of 7,693
Volume should be able to be fixed in windows dependent on what your chat client is. But a lot of people have problems with the serious directional sensitivity of the mic. For settings see this link:
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...e-your-microphone-for-use-with-VoIP-utilities

It should be pointed out that due to restrictions with bluetooth itself, your audio quality is going to tank when you use mic in bluetooth so using the mic with the headset in bluetooth is not suggested over USB.

That's all for team speak, Skype etc. I'm talking about just using it in games like overwatch and rainbow 6 siege without any ad on software.

Like right now I'm using it directly connected via usb everything's fine people can hear me, unplug USB use Bluetooth mic don't work anymore no one can hear me.

Is there a fix for this?

It's getting to a point for me now where I'm just gonna go back to my senn game ones if I want wired connection. I bought the mobius as it was meant to be some whiz bang new Bluetooth tech and it doesn't even work.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #6,917 of 7,693
That's all for team speak, Skype etc. I'm talking about just using it in games like overwatch and rainbow 6 siege without any ad on software.

Like right now I'm using it directly connected via usb everything's fine people can hear me, unplug USB use Bluetooth mic don't work anymore no one can hear me.

Is there a fix for this?

It's getting to a point for me now where I'm just gonna go back to my senn game ones if I want wired connection. I bought the mobius as it was meant to be some whiz bang new Bluetooth tech and it doesn't even work.

Since it's working fine in USB: did you read the second half of my post? I addressed this. Bluetooth fundamentally limits quality if you're simultaneously using it for the mic and the headset. That quality drop is likely responsible for your problem.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #6,918 of 7,693
Since it's working fine in USB: did you read the second half of my post? I addressed this. Bluetooth fundamentally limits quality if you're simultaneously using it for the mic and the headset. That quality drop is likely responsible for your problem.

Ahhh ok no worries. Well I bought these "Bluetooth gaming headphones" to use the Bluetooth that was the point of them. I'll just sell them now and go back to my game ones.

Thanks for your help.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #6,919 of 7,693

Is there a fix for this?

This is not a Mobius issue, but related to how windows treats a bluetooth device. When you connect in windows using bluetooth (on any headphone, not just Mobius), windows creates another device for hands free calling. You would have to set this device as the default communication device. Please contact our support on Monday and we will be able to help you with this.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 29, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #6,920 of 7,693
This is not a Mobius issue, but related to how windows treats a bluetooth device. When you connect in windows using bluetooth (on any headphone, not just Mobius), windows creates another device for hands free calling. You would have to set this device as the default communication device. Please contact our support on Monday and we will be able to help you with this.

You're telling us, that support actually replies? Contacted them well over a week, never heard back.

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #6,921 of 7,693
Hi @Audeze - any luck chasing my order? Please let me know if you need different information or you need it delivered in a different way :)

Sep 29, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #6,922 of 7,693
used them this morn with a old ipod touch which has a broken headphone jack via bluetooth and it sounded awesome. i was about to throw that ipod out and now it is my new wireless DAP that never has to put up with another OS upgrade :wink: sound quality is really very good after they have burned in for a good 40 hours though they still don't sound as 'flat' as I would prefer. lows are deep and clean but it lacks a bit of crisp detail in the highs. hoping they can be OTA firmware upgraded to improve the correction profile.

no use for the 3D features in fact they only seem to get in the way every now and then by being enabled by default which shouldn't be the case. it should default to no 3D and remembering the last settings including volume for each input. again, something i am hoping a firmware update will fix.

my only other complaint is I would have preferred their plush (vegan) pads instead of the plastic, gets a bit hot especially using them during a light workout but for purely the aspects of wireless planar they are tremendous. so far they have the best sounding and most problem free long range and reliable bluetooth implementation i have ever experienced which is one of the most important aspects of a good wireless headphone.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6,923 of 7,693
hoping they can be OTA firmware upgraded to improve the correction profile.

Ya like Audeze Reveal they should be able to tweak over time which is an awesome feature for headphones.

my only other complaint is I would have preferred their plush (vegan) pads

Omg yaaasss %#&@$

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273405376666

Might be a little big =p I do like the dekoni elite velour though, it's very different than like brainwavz velour, very nice, but with how the Mobius' pads are I don't know how easy it would be to swap aftermarket pads.

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #6,924 of 7,693
hmm, love these headphones but last night when I tried to use it the 3D button no longer works, in fact it's like the button is stuck and won't click at all. Perhaps something is broken inside? Anyone else experienced the same problem..can't center my 3D channel now and the positioning is wrong..

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #6,925 of 7,693
...oh and one other thing when i finished my workout using them via bluetooth and plugged them into a power-only usb-c charger they switched to 'usb' and the bluetooth stopped even though the usb has no data and no audio capability. In my opinion it should not leave the mode it is in if you just plug in to charge where the usb device has no audio features. I'd argue it shouldn't change modes even if it was my macbook pro. If I am set on bluetooth and listening to music and plug into a usb source it should just keep at bluetooth until i hit the button to change modes. Now if it lost it's bluetooth connection then sure, switch to the usb and whenever you unplug usb it should switch to bluetooth always.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #6,926 of 7,693

I did this, still doesn't work

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #6,927 of 7,693
@Audeze - No need to check my order now!!!

THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
But battery completely dead, of course, so I have to wait a bit before trying on anything other than computer. Breakfast first, then I'll try.
First impressions in terms of build quality, very nice. Comfortable as well.

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #6,928 of 7,693
What is the latency like via Bluetooth? Yes, I know audio would be stereo only, but is basic media consumption like YouTube okay or is SBC latency noticeable?
If no, are there any particular recommended Bluetooth dongles for PCs, or will any work (since there is no AptX support anyway)?

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #6,929 of 7,693
What is the latency like via Bluetooth? Yes, I know audio would be stereo only, but is basic media consumption like YouTube okay or is SBC latency noticeable?
If no, are there any particular recommended Bluetooth dongles for PCs, or will any work (since there is no AptX support anyway)?
SBC latency is noiticeable as a slight delay. It's ignorable for casual youtube video watching (e.g. techquickie, kurzgesagt), but for anything more serious (e.g. dramatic TV shows) I'd use a wired connection.

Don't know about Bluetooth dongles that would be better. AFAIK, the only codec that would make a difference is aptX LL (low latency) which as you mentioned the Mobius doesn't support. SBC and LDAC have similar latencty AFAICT

IMO, YMMV, etc.

Sep 30, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #6,930 of 7,693
SBC latency is noiticeable as a slight delay. It's ignorable for casual youtube video watching (e.g. techquickie, kurzgesagt), but for anything more serious (e.g. dramatic TV shows) I'd use a wired connection.

Don't know about Bluetooth dongles that would be better. AFAIK, the only codec that would make a difference is aptX LL (low latency) which as you mentioned the Mobius doesn't support. SBC and LDAC have similar latencty AFAICT

IMO, YMMV, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply - I did a bit more searching since posting and came to similar conclusions just based on ms delay #s. I originally wanted them as set of wireless PC cans (multimedia, gaming, etc.), but it seems like they are just better suited as wired cans with the occasional wireless option suitable only for music really (otherwise latency issues). Guess I'll know for sure when I get them, keeping my fingers crossed that maybe the latency will be acceptable for casual Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back