• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 30, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #6,931 of 7,693
Thanks for the quick reply - I did a bit more searching since posting and came to similar conclusions just based on ms delay #s. I originally wanted them as set of wireless PC cans (multimedia, gaming, etc.), but it seems like they are just better suited as wired cans with the occasional wireless option suitable only for music really (otherwise latency issues). Guess I'll know for sure when I get them, keeping my fingers crossed that maybe the latency will be acceptable for casual Netflix.
Yeah I think it's mostly subjective in this regard. What may be unacceptable to some will be acceptable to others. I have to pay close attention to see the mismatched lip-syncing with videos. If I'd never known about it, I may have never noticed it or I may have noticed it but subconsciously brushed it aside without issue. But because I know about it, I can pay attention to and notice it and it becomes a flaw. Honestly, at the end of the day I could live with it because it's not that bad a delay. But as an audiophile, the whole idea is to go beyond "can live with it." I could live with $10 headphones, but I'd rather spend a bit (read: a lot) more money or go through an extra step (e.g. be wired) to get a better sound. Same principle here.

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #6,932 of 7,693
hmm, love these headphones but last night when I tried to use it the 3D button no longer works, in fact it's like the button is stuck and won't click at all. Perhaps something is broken inside? Anyone else experienced the same problem..can't center my 3D channel now and the positioning is wrong..

I have the exact same issue just happening tonight. The 3D button is stuck like a sticky button on a keyboard. I just receive the headphone like a week ago. This shouldn’t have happening. However in my case the 3D button is still functional at times. But it doesn’t work all the time. A bit frustrating consider waited months for this and now I have to send this back for repair or exchange.

Any ideas on how to fix this so that I don’t have to send this back to @Audeze?

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #6,933 of 7,693
Ok, I have a question/request for anyone who is happy with surround on movies via the Mobius:

When listening to a movie in surround, if you turn your head 90 degrees in either direction, do you hear the rear surround coming out of the ear facing away from the screen?
And by rear surround, I'm expecting something distinct from what's coming out of the 'front' speakers.

Thanks in advance

Sep 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #6,934 of 7,693
SBC latency is noiticeable as a slight delay. It's ignorable for casual youtube video watching (e.g. techquickie, kurzgesagt), but for anything more serious (e.g. dramatic TV shows) I'd use a wired connection.

Don't know about Bluetooth dongles that would be better. AFAIK, the only codec that would make a difference is aptX LL (low latency) which as you mentioned the Mobius doesn't support. SBC and LDAC have similar latencty AFAICT

IMO, YMMV, etc.
It's friggin too bad that Windows doesn't have codec support (we can't know what codec is active through windows). And the worst is no LDAC support with Mobius in Windows (Mobius has LDAC, but not Windows).

I tried my LG TV with BT and the SBC connection cuts off, signal must be really weak.

BT connections generally seems to have problem with large data chunks if activated codec is limited in bandwidth.

You can only expect SBC, the default and lowest bandwidth of BT codecs because LDAC codec is scarce on anything outside smartphonewith Oreo and beyond or the few newer DAPs. There are no LDAC for windows BT.

Something to keep in mind about LDAC connection. Just because connection is LDAC doesn't mean it's highest bit rate, it can be low as SBC bit rate as the connection is adaptive. If the LDAC connection is fixed at max of 990 kbps, the device runs into connection issues

Basically, BT is generally not stable. Kinks must be work out with general BT.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #6,935 of 7,693
Ok, I have a question/request for anyone who is happy with surround on movies via the Mobius:

When listening to a movie in surround, if you turn your head 90 degrees in either direction, do you hear the rear surround coming out of the ear facing away from the screen?
And by rear surround, I'm expecting something distinct from what's coming out of the 'front' speakers.

Thanks in advance

I tried it with a Dolby speaker demo run on Power DVD 18 player on a Windows 10 gaming laptop. At first it did not work. So I went in the Powerr DVD 18 settings and found I had to set the output to 8 speakers. Now I can turn my head towards a rear speaker and the positioning is right (but not realistic).

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #6,936 of 7,693
I tried it with a Dolby speaker demo run on Power DVD 18 player on a Windows 10 gaming laptop. At first it did not work. So I went in the Powerr DVD 18 settings and found I had to set the output to 8 speakers. Now I can turn my head towards a rear speaker and the positioning is right (but not realistic).
Yeah, I don't think it's realistic to hear sound flying by in the back with these. Anybody have test these out in such a way, how was it tested out?

As for contents, anybody have a good list of content sources that is compatable and provides the 5.1-7.1 experience?

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #6,937 of 7,693

Thanks in advance

If you're in 3d manual and centered to the screen then yes.

Try this: https://www.demo-world.eu/download-...c=dts_sound_unbound_callout_11.1_lossless.jpg

As for contents, anybody have a good list of content sources that is compatable and provides the 5.1-7.1 experience

Watcha mean by content sources? Like netflix or blu rays? Or players like powerdvd or mpc hc?

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #6,939 of 7,693
Yeah like those, anything that it's limited to (usb).

Windows apps, netflix and vudu

Powerdvd / totalmedia theater / jriver

I use mpchc with madvr and dvdfab passkey for blu rays cuz im a weirdo

Mpv if ur a weeb

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #6,940 of 7,693
Windows apps, netflix and vudu

Powerdvd / totalmedia theater / jriver

I use mpchc with madvr and dvdfab passkey for blu rays cuz im a weirdo

Mpv if ur a weeb
Is there any special ways you use the Mobius that makes it sound it's best for surround? The 8 channel usb mode will always feed in 5.1 or 7.1 no matter 3D is on or not right? And the 5.1 or 7.1 mode is dictated by the app audio setting itself?

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #6,941 of 7,693
Is there any special ways you use the Mobius that makes it sound it's best for surround? The 8 channel usb mode will always feed in 5.1 or 7.1 no matter 3D is on or not right? And the 5.1 or 7.1 mode is dictated by the app audio setting itself?

For surround, keep the Mobius in 8ch(7.1). This is a 7.1 lpcm connection to the pc.

Yes, for media players, make sure theyre set to output 7.1 (l)pcm, this shoud be automatic, w.e the system is set to. With mpc hc lav audio this is automatic. Jriver uses lav but the settings r different. For powerdvd it should also have a system default / current system setting.

Netflix and vudu should automatically output 5.1 if the content has it as well.

As for making it sound its best. Id recommend installing equalizer apo, a c ouple small adjustments might be enjoyable for you, a sub bass boost, rolled off treble.
eqapo1.png

For me i completely fatten out headphones for surround programs, heres my el8 eq:
20180831_040232.jpg
And mobius:
Screenshot_20180928-143303_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

You can also look into virtualaudiocable and adding a bass shaker system =O

But as far as player settings go, no, nothing extra.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #6,942 of 7,693
So I've also been waiting for my Mobius with no tracking update since the 16:37 on the 12th of September, when the shipment landed in LHR in the UK. I contacted Audeze support a week ago and the replied that it probably is stuck in the customs clearance. That's 16 days in customs and counting at the moment, I will probably contact them again by the end of the next week. I also noticed @Nuwidol and @bennygorilla are in the same situation, have you gotten any updates since? There was also someone over at the indiegogo comment section saying the same thing. Really weird that it only seems to happen to some packages as I have noticed several people in Sweden receiving theirs a week or two ago (at least one of them was shipped around the same date as mine).

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to trying them out. They will be a big upgrade to my current setup :)

No update yet. I've spoken to Audeze cust. service and they said to be patient. I've seen some people in the UK. have got them no problem. I'm constantly on the royal mail website. hoping for a change in the status. I've had things stuck in customs for about 6 weeks, with no news, before though. so i'm not fretting just yet.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #6,943 of 7,693
No update yet. I've spoken to Audeze cust. service and they said to be patient. I've seen some people in the UK. have got them no problem. I'm constantly on the royal mail website. hoping for a change in the status. I've had things stuck in customs for about 6 weeks, with no news, before though. so i'm not fretting just yet.

I am in the US and Audeze customer support told me the same thing, they also provided me the USPS tracking number but of course there is no movement yet. At least the customs issue does not look to be country specific although very strange indeed the amount of time it is taking as a while.

Oct 1, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #6,944 of 7,693
For surround, keep the Mobius in 8ch(7.1). This is a 7.1 lpcm connection to the pc.

Yes, for media players, make sure theyre set to output 7.1 (l)pcm, this shoud be automatic, w.e the system is set to. With mpc hc lav audio this is automatic. Jriver uses lav but the settings r different. For powerdvd it should also have a system default / current system setting.

Netflix and vudu should automatically output 5.1 if the content has it as well.

As for making it sound its best. Id recommend installing equalizer apo, a c ouple small adjustments might be enjoyable for you, a sub bass boost, rolled off treble.

For me i completely fatten out headphones for surround programs, heres my el8 eq:

And mobius:

You can also look into virtualaudiocable and adding a bass shaker system =O

But as far as player settings go, no, nothing extra.

Interesting concept, but I wonder how seamlessly this equalizer might interact with the Mobius on the same PC, given how independently the Mobius tends to interact with the audio system of each PC. I have been trying the Boom 3D on a Mac, and the Audio Midi can deal with either Mobius or the Boon 3d at a time, but not both. I wonder how different things might be on PC with the equalizer apo, which does not seem to be available for Macs.

Oct 1, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #6,945 of 7,693
Interesting concept, but I wonder how seamlessly this equalizer might interact with the Mobius on the same PC, given how independently the Mobius tends to interact with the audio system of each PC. I have been trying the Boom 3D on a Mac, and the Audio Midi can deal with either Mobius or the Boon 3d at a time, but not both. I wonder how different things might be on PC with the equalizer apo, which does not seem to be available for Macs.

I use equalizer apo with everything on a pc and don't notice anything weird from it, i.e. latency glitches w.e and I'll bypass eqapo with wasapi if I'm doing standard stereo listening with certain headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back